“Garlic galore. Delicious food.”
Review of The Stinking Rose

The Stinking Rose
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stinking Rose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 337 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd.
Description: It’s chic to reek at this world famous dining mecca where they flavor the garlic with food. Colorful theme rooms & casual fun. The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The name speaks for itself..well sort of. Food is very flavorful including their bread. We all had seafood as entrees and they were delicious. Prices are on a higher side. Good place to bring a date. Cozy and romantic. Has a big bar and very interesting looking bathroom. Our waiter was great too. Wasn't too pleased with our valet service.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

One of our favourite nights in the states, this restaurant had it all - attentive staff, lovely surroundings, delicious food, and family friendly. We still talk about our experience here months later (I think I might still stink of garlic!!), it was fabulous. A friend recommended this restaurant to us, we wouldn't have known about it otherwise, and it was and absolutely brilliant experience.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Been here with family and took my boyfriend on our recent trip. Really great food with lots of garlic, obviously! Thought the waiter rushed us a little but apart from that everything was good!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

A very nice restaurant with good food. Maybe a bit overpriced, but you are paying for the special decoration and it is worth it. Staff is friendly, there is (only) valet parking for $5.50.

1  Thank HongKongTraveller3
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife doesn't like my smell when I eat garlic (she smells it through my skin), so when she was out of town over Father's Day weekend, I took my two sons with me to eat here.

The bagna calda: garlic in olive oil, butter and anchovy, is by itself worth going here. The garlic was very soft, mashed easily like mashed potatoes, and slathered on the garlic rolls was heavenly. All of the garlic bite was removed and it was smooth, buttery and salty (I added the salt), I think I had three rolls this way. The rest of the meal was good, but the bagna calda is what will bring me back.

The roasted garlic baked brie was a warmed up brie cheese with chunks of garlic on top and thin, hard bread slices on the side. The garlic here was a little harder and still contained some of the garlic bite. I didn't feel like it meshed as well with this dish and it was okay. Not something I would order again.

My boys got some garlic fries and they were good, but not overly garlicky. I would have liked the fries with more garlic.

I got the garlic roasted prime rib. I'd read in reviews that the prime rib was overcooked and so I was a little leery. I asked them for the rarest piece of prime rib they could find and I was thrilled with what they brought me: it was nice and rare. It was great with a little bit of salt, great with the anjou, great with the creamy horse radish and great with the anjou and horse radish together. It was some of the nicest prime rib I've had. It came with Yukon gold mashed potatoes and creamed spinach which were fine. This is another item I would come back for.

One of my sons got the large mussels and shrimp Sizzling Iron Skillet and it was very reasonable for the quantities involved. We all helped him and finished off the shrimp, but were not able to eat all of the mussels. That is an item I would order if I went back.

My other son got a dry-aged New York steak which came with the same sides mine did. It was okay. I'm not a huge aged steak fan.

It was fun to go to a themed restaurant. I would highly recommend this place for anyone who likes garlic.