“Don't let the name fool you”
Review of The Stinking Rose

The Stinking Rose
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stinking Rose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 328 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd.
Description: It’s chic to reek at this world famous dining mecca where they flavor the garlic with food. Colorful theme rooms & casual fun. The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had a great steak dinner at the rose. I had the metro filet - hate the name but the steak was awesome. Drinks were priced reasonable and strong - went well with dinner. The atmosphere is a little unique when catches you off guard when you see some guests dining with garlic clove hats on their head - check it out.

There are newer reviews for The Stinking Rose

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I came here for my nephew's birthday celebration at lunchtime on a Sunday. The restaurant was quiet, which was nice! The parking was free - valet parking after 4PM. The service was excellent. We ordered the Bagna Calda, which is always yummy; and the calamari appetizer. Calamari was nice and crispy, and not chewy. My sister got the baked garlic brie, which she said was awesome. For the main dish, I ordered the Gnochhetti and my hubby got the baby back ribs. The Gnochhetti was very tasty - I love the asparagus and the pine nuts that they add. Hubby said the ribs were delicious, but expected a larger amount for the price. 2 other family members had the salmon, which I think I may try next time. It was very tasty. Dad had the 40 clove chicken - and he said it was very good. I don't think there was anything served that someone didn't like. Servers was great with refilling the water, bread, sodas, etc. We love coming to this restaurant, and always say that we need to eat here more often. Just a long drive for us. I would definitely recommend; and you should make reservations.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant was quite interesting,the food was delicious,especially garlic soup.My boyfriend took spaghetti,it was good too.They have a very nice shop at the restaurant.I tried on a very funny garlic hat,and there are some sauces with funn names.I got Farting Queen.Delicious

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a large party and asked for separate checks which the manager refused to do. Fortunately, one of the guests was an accountant so he tallied each groups' tab including tax and tip. They did accept separate credit cards as long as we gave them the amount to charge to each one. The rolls were hot and served quickly and the "garlic soaking it a hot tub" appetizers were tasty but too oily as the cloves were swimming in olive oil. At 28.95, my halibut was 3 x 3 inches and slippery with oil with virtually no seasoning except garlic. Other entrees were also small in quantity and high in price but some were better in quality, including the lasagna, meatloaf, and pasta dishes. This is a place to go to once just to say you have been there but spend your money elsewhere in the Beverly Hills area for higher quality food.

1  Thank City_Girls_CA
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We ate here with friends. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the garlic smell. And the decor is garlic themed and kind of quirky. But the food is great. Lots of options, and while they do use garlic in the cooking, it is very well done. I had a house salad and the pan grilled mussels. Those mussels are the best I have ever had. My husband had a large arugula salad which he raved about and a seafood pasta dish. I had a bite of the pasta. It was spicy and delicious. Friend had a thin crust pizza that looked great. When you are seated, they bring you these decadent garlic rolls that are amazing. Would definitely go back. They do have valet parking which is nice.

1  Thank Feistyrg