“Great Steaks”

Lawry's the Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
Lawry's the Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 333 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Description: You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful and the steaks are really good. I would recommend anyone should eat here if they are in the area and like a nice juicy steak.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Prime rib was very good, the place though was very busy and loud. Not for romantic dinner, more like for birthdays or family get togethers. IMHO I think it's highly overpriced. $250 at least for a family of 4!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everyone knows of Lawry's as well they should!! Fabulous food incredible service. :) perfect for a special occasion or just an evening out.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming here for over 5 years. Last dine was in August. The food is constantly excellent. I love prime Rib. However the price is probably at least 30% -40%higher than it was 5 years ago. Reservations were easy and we had our table fast. Server was good but she was also new. They gave me and mt wife free deserts for our aniversary.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our travel group booked this restaurant for lunch on the way to the Space Shuttle exhibit, at the Science Museum. I had wanted to try Lawry’s for a long time. When I saw the elegantly appointed, high-tea- style table setting, I thought we were in for a treat.

First, the salad was served as a presentation. The waiter announced, “Ladies and Gentlemen our world famous salad”. The bowl was spinning and the server raised the house bottled dressing above his head, for a long pour. The salad tasted average, nothing special, but it was as if the showy serving style was either a distraction or to make up for the so-so flavoring of this dish.

The main entrée, prime rib, was mass delivered to our group of approximately 62 people. Most of the meat was uncooked to the point of being pink and bloody on top. Only two of the prime rib dinners were well done.

My husband and others in our group wanted their meat to be cooked until medium, meaning only inside center of the prime rib should be pink and certainly without oozing blood. As we were on tour schedule, there was not enough time to send the prime rib back for additional cooking. This restaurant doesn’t seem to care about the customer’s wishes.

I tried a bite of the meat and found it bland, with the au jus just as flavorless. The prime rib contained about 80 percent fat, leaving very little beef. At this point, I was glad to have ordered the salmon, which was slightly overcooked. The fish sauce was a little sweet. The vegetables accompanying the meal were also overcooked and tasteless. The mashed potatoes were generic tasting.

The dessert, strawberry shortcake, had been premade and placed at the table before the meal started. As a result, the berry juice had soaked the entire shortcake, leaving it soggy and sloppily falling apart. I liked this dessert, although I had to eat it with a spoon and extra napkins.

The wait staff is attired in 1930s uniforms, which look more like maids and butler costumes, than food service clothing. There is a picture of Shakespeare and an English royal coat of arms hanging on the walls, as if to say we’re cultured, therefore; our food must be great. This is a pretentious establishment, with the emphasis on ambiance and style, not food quality.

Everything considered, with the prime rib prices ranging from $37.00 to $58.00 a dinner, depending on the cut, we should have at least received the correctly cooked order with seasoning in the food.

We won’t be returning.