“An old favorite.”

Lawry's the Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
Lawry's the Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 335 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Description: You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I used to go to Lawry's as a kid and have always loved the place. It's one of the few places where I'll eat salad. The steak is tender and flavorful, though my favorites might be the creamed corn or the creme brulee. I came here with my fiance to celebrate our anniversary this time, and even though we're a same sex couple, I feel we were treated just as well. The staff has always been polite on every occasion I've been, though I do think the $15 plate sharing charge is ridiculous! Valet parking is $6, but there's a lot right next door that's only $4.50 for all night if you enter after 4 pm.

For Decembers and Valentine's Day (I should say Valentine's WEEK, they have a deal all week and it's always booked), try to book a couple months in advance. It really gets crazy.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went to Lawry's for my husband's birthday. The prime rib is very good and the dinner comes with mashed potatoes. It would have been rated excellent but the food was not hot enough for us. It was warm but not hot. We always go to Lawry's for our birthday dinner and will definitely return. Next time I will be sure to ask the server to make sure the food is very hot. The service is always excellent.

1  Thank ibaol
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went there for a late restaurant week deal- we loved it, the rib is tender and huge even I ordered well-done (yes I know it's a crime to order well done steaks but I can't bare to see blood in the animal meat especially from a cow).
We also had great service and how they display the rib in the huge container was amazing to observe. They gave us at least 18 oz rib, the salad was fresh and the desert was wonderful.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

It's always wonderful to go to Lawry's. The roast beef, which is sliced at your table according to your order (small to huge cuts, rare to well done), the unbelievable Yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, and green salad with a great house dressing, are all fantastic. Service is extra special, and everyone is made to feel like a valued guest. There's no need to order any extras, but they do have them if you want them. Other dinners are available as well. Lawry's is perfect for any special occasion.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My first (and last) experience at Lawry's was poor at best. Although we had reservations, we still waited a 1.5 hours to be seated. The atmosphere was very crowded and I found it quite annoying that some patrons were snobbish. The "spinning salad" was basically a salad bowl spinning in another bowl of ice and the salad dressing poured 4 feet above it. The theatrics was not impressive. The creamed corn was out of a can. I will never go back to this place again. The Stinking Rose across La Cienega was far better.

1  Thank Janice B