“Regular Customer”

Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
“Regular Customer”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Urth is a regular spot for lunch, dinner and sometimes just tea. Lately the Beverly Drive location can be quite busy with a long wait to order and a hectic experience to find a seat to eat. Watch the times to visit, food is always good, sweets are over the top :)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sherron R

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worth going”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

At first, it seems hectic because it starts with a line at the door but it goes fast. The hostess is quick to tell you her name and that she will seat you after you order your food at the register. After ordering you must look for her, and Remember her name! She will seat you. She will be in the front by the sidewalk. We were fortunate because someone seated at a table at the entrance asked if we wanted their table. they were leaving. Great experience and great food. yummmmm! we must go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rodayomar
San Francisco, California
“Nice coffee and breakfast, but chaos”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I recently spent a long weekend in Beverly Hills and decided to have breakfast and coffee at Urth on 2 of the mornings. It can be a little chaotic here, which was the big downside.

The first morning we ordered coffee, orange juice, a breakfast burrito, and an italian omellete. We waited in line and ordered, which was pretty smooth. The cashier told us everything would be delivered. We sat and waited a long time. Eventually our food came, BEFORE any drinks! Looking around, people who ordered after us already had drinks. There isn't really a person who seems to be overseeing the operation, so I asked the take out cashier and she checked into it promptly and said ours was coming up. I am not sure how it got so far down on the list.

The second day, we had a similar experience, but the OJ came quickly, food took a long time, and my coffee was the last thing to arrive. It was so late, my meal was almost done when my coffee arrived.

The food: I did enjoy the breakfast burrito and my husband liked the italian omelette a lot. It is nothing amazing, but good. The salsa was also good with my burrito. My husband had a fruit side with his dish, which had very good, ripe fruits.

The coffee: The spanish latte is the specialty, and is very good. It has some sweetness already and a nice flavor with condensed milk added. I like the option of the 2 types of espresso. I tried both and liked the italian better in the Spanish latte and and Cappuccino.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank David A
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not horrible, not great”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This seemed like a typical breakfast/brunch place. Omelettes, waffles, etc..The price was good, and the food was good. Fresh. Nothing special. But the ambiance is cool, and we spotted Jesse Williams (Grey's Anatomy) eating there. I've heard other celebs frequent here, and it was featured in a few episodes of Entourage.

We sat outside so we could people watch, and the outdoor seating is the best part about Urth. Plenty of tables, spacious...and there was a little fountain which was nice.

Definitely seems like a locals place, so if you want something good, and off the beaten path, average prices, and average food, Urth is a good choice.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kristopherowens
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Me, Californians and their cute little dogs”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is definitely a hit place. I was visiting Los Angeles for the first time and wanted to hit some places. I stayed in Santa Monica but since I planned on visiting Rodeo Dr. that afternoon, I thought I would grab late breakfast somewhere near by. A quick search on Yelp, I ended up at Urth Caffe. It was already buzzing with people. I stood in line and waited my turn. I thought the prizes were a little on the high side (probably because I was coming from MN). I got some sort of sandwich with porched eggs, smoked salmon and spinach. I added their yogurt with granola plus a cup of latte. I got my number and went looking for a seat outside. Few minutes later my coffee arrived. I thought my food was not far behind, but half an hour later my food was nowhere to be found. However, when it came, it was wholly worth the wait! By then, the line was out to the street as Californians streamed in with their little cute dogs. The yogurt was one of the creamiest I have ever had! The bread (or cake or whatever it was) was fluffy and buttery just right. The thin slice of salmon was smoked just slightly and the egg...oh everything was just perfect!

• Visited March 2014