“Delicious, but REALLY expensive”
Review of Mr. Chow

Mr. Chow
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 328 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire & Brighton Way
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great experience. Amazing service. Loved the champagne cart that rolled up to our table at the beginning of dinner. Clearly a spot for "beautiful people". Very Beverly Hills. Fun splurge.

There are newer reviews for Mr. Chow

Reviewed April 22, 2013

After reading some of the reviews we almost changed our mind, but are glad we didn't. I didn't think it was overly pricey. The sake I ordered was only $9 and my husband's cabernet was only $12. I can't get it for that price at PF Chang! We had a great waiter who guided us on our choices based on what we like/don't like. Our bill totaled $185, but we got a lot of food and that included three glasses of wine and two sakes. Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My Family and I went to Mr Chow's for my Birthday dinner and found it quite interesting. It is situated in a busy area and parking can be somewhat limited. On arrival a Valet parking service was available at a considerable charge. The welcome before being seated was impressive and staff was courteous. The tables were quite closely placed with not much room for getting in or out. The food was mainly Chinese, pleasant but with a bit too much salt. There was a variety of drinks but very pricey. This is to be expected as it is a haunt for film stars and other celebrities hence the price.
From past experience in various restaurants I have visited they always seem to be a bit dark but this one was much darker and it may be helpful if customers can see what they are eating.
Not a bad experience if you want to mingle with Stars and Celebrities, but be prepared to pay for it.

2  Thank Singh B
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Went into meal expecting it to be costly, so the overpriced food was not a suprise. The food was somewhat unique, and we did enjoy it, but it wasn't it wasn't anything super spectacular.

We were treated very nicely by all the friendly wait staff, from the hostess all the way to the waiters. We were there for 2 hours, but we were taking our time, enjoying conversation.

The place does definitely have the celebrity swagger. Elton John was seated in the main area and there were many other "celebrity-types" that were most likely someone we just didn't know.

So, probably a good place to go to see someone famous, but be prepared to shell out for it.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

One of the worst places I have ever eaten!
P.F. Chang is 110% better!
Crowded and noisy
Food was greasy and blah, salt and pepper shrimp stll shelled and greasy. Left plates on our table forever until we asked for them to be moved. Never brought drinks when asked. Sat beside obnoxious rocker who was so rude and annoying, came in after us and got waited on hand and foot, and left before us.
Did I mention I am NOT a celebrity but yet pay $100 per person for crappy food and service, oh wait that must be cuz only the celebrities get treated well. Do they not realize it's we the people that made them celebrities so we deserve good service too!!!
I will never return to Mr. Chow's in LA or anywhere and I will be sure to tell everyone I know.
But I suppose that doesn't matter to them, they will always have celebrities, so why not close to the general public!

2  Thank D P