“A Hidden Gem”
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 333 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Doheny Drive
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Exceptional food, service and atmosphere are only a few of the many reasons that Il Cielo is a must while in Beverly Hills. The outdoor garden seating allows for you to experience intimate, private dining while in the middle of Beverly Hills. The staff is amazing and well versed on the menu options. The beef tongue ravioli and wild boar pasta are both unique and delicious. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank DreamaG

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was staying at L'Ermitage, which is right up the road, and the concierge called ahead for me as I was walking to Il Cielo. Despite the short notice, they were ready to welcome me. I travel alone frequently and am generally pretty comfortable eating by myself in restaurants but some make the experience even more pleasant and warm, and Il Cielo did a stellar job. A nice quiet table in the courtyard was wonderful for me. My waiter told me when I sat down, "We will keep you company!" And he and the busboys did, stopping by for a short hello and chatting a bit while taking my order or serving me. They weren't at all intrusive, just simply kind. The food was excellent, fresh, and tasted very homemade -- sweet pea soup, simple spring risotto with grilled shrimp, and warm chocolate cake -- and the experience was a complete contrast to the previous evening's meal at Bouchon, which was cold and impersonal. Il Cielo was on par with some of the finer restaurants I have enjoyed in Provence and Tuscany. I left happy and can't wait to return with friends.

2  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed June 24, 2014

With so many restaurant options I am so happy to have found this gem. Giovanni was top notch in heading a wonderful, efficient team. I had a group dinner on the patio in the center of the restaurant. Open roof with white lights in the trees and gorgeous chandeliers outside. Food, ambiance and service excellent. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was my second visit here and hopefully won't be my last. Attentive but not over the top service, great wine and a solid menu. I had Carpaccio and Sea Bass and loved them. Others in our group all had great food - to the point where I got food envy!

I came on business but the environment was such that conversation flowed easily whilst others around us came to celebrate and some to romance.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Met a friend for lunch at Il Cielo during a recent visit to Los Angeles. This restaurant is consistently one of the crowning stars of the LA culinary scene. The outdoor patio is the most beautiful setting for lunch or a romantic dinner under the dimly lit clear tent.

The food is always amazing, the service superb! Ask to be seated in Alex's section. He is fabulous and charming. Alex will make you feel like you're the only table in the restaurant.

Bravo!