“Ambiance and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 320 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Doheny Drive
Manitoba, Canada
“Ambiance and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The ambiance and attention to details were appreciated during this visit. The food was of top quality. This restaurant would definitely by at or near the top of my list in LA. We went for Italian but ended up having their special. Wow!

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Bronx
“Ambience, Service, Delicious food = Success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ambience and service followed by delicious food is a recipe for success. This place has it all. I went here on a business trip and have to say that the owner has all bases covered. The entire staff are friendly especially Christine. The place is spotless and decorated like a fine Tuscan Cottage. The history of the restaurant is also amazing and if you have time engage the owner who is happy to tell you about this magnificent place. The food is absolutely delicious and well worth the visit if in this area.

• Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
“romance in los angeles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in LA! This restaurant is so beautiful, a lot of people do their marriage ceremonies here, engagement proposal, etc. and I dont blame them!

I've celebrated a birthday, valentine's day, anniversary, christmas eve and new year's eve dinner in Il Cielo and the service has always been consistent. The waiters are helpful and attentive without being too imposing. They don't hover around and rush you.

My must haves here are the antipasto, friend calamari, homemade pappardelle (it's the whole lobster), tiramisu and a peartini. Their menu choices are quite limited but I rather like it. I personally find the food reasonably priced for a Beverly Hills restaurant, most of the menu are in the ~$20 range or less (except for the lamb, steak and lobster of course!). Just watch out for the drinks, those are the ones that add up!

They offer a fix menu on certain holidays.. and on the colder months they put up their 'festive canopy' with matching chandeliers which makes the romantic atmosphere even more lovelier. During the recent Christmas Eve Dinner I went to they had fake snow everywhere and Christmas carolers which was a nice touch. If you want to impress someone. Bring them here!

Tip: For a nice romantic atmosphere: Dress Up! Part of the romance is the attitude and if you treat it like a special occasion, it will be! Also ask for a table outside (right by the patio) and splurge on a romantic package that includes scattered rose petals, a tall candle, and a heart shaped dessert with sugar coated petals. Best way to impress a girl! It adds a lot to the ambiance and not to mention makes pretty good pictures.

1 Thank Venus D
Los Angeles
“Very Beautiful...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful little place. We came here for our anniversary. We were able to sit outside which was very romantic. Our waiter was nice enough. It does have somewhat of a snobby air to it but not in a bad way. We ordered the antipasto for two...delicious. My first drink, the "Overthyme" was really good. For my second drink I asked our waiter if it was possible to get a "nuts and berries" they made it perfect. Hubby had a "New fashioned" an updated version of an old fashioned. Now I thought it was good but it was fruity, and if you order a drink like this, your not looking for fruity.

So finally our main course is served, I had the mushroom risotto and hubby had the special of the night, a Chilean or Mediterranean sea bass, not quite sure which because I couldn't hear over the loud chatter of our neighbors bickering about wine. We had to chuckle because they said ," you can taste the sea in the bass" ha ha ha. I liked my risotto, hubby liked his dish. The food is great if your a big foodie, but just earlier we needed a snack and bought a hot dog at carney's on sunset. That was the best meal I had. Ok back to our current eating endeavor, what made this all worth it was the panacotta. It was like heaven in my mouth, if you can really say something tastes that way. All in all a great experience, will I be back? Maybe, but a little more selection on the menu would be nice. Hey that's my opinion though, and I'm just little ol me.

Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Year's Eve 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Thank you, Crystal, for accomodating me and my significant other at the eleventh hour (5 pm!) for the 9 pm dinner on New Year's Eve. Your graciousness and that of Nic's when we arrived was a wonderful beginning to our evening.

Our table was well-placed and intimate but large enough to have seated four. We were happy to be able to sit next to each other and dine holding hands.

The service was excellent. The food presentation, quality and timing was superb, even with a set menu! Not once did we feel rushed, ignored, or hovered over.

I sincerely look forward to having my next event at Il Cielo after touring the restaurant with Renee.

Happy New Year and thank you again for an unforgettable evening of celebration, excellent food, and dancing under the "stars" with "snow" underfoot!