“Ambience on the street”
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 333 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Doheny Drive
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent restaurant with fabulous food service outstanding warm awesome if you go in winter sit by the fireplace summer ask for outdoor seating all-around wonderful recommend for any occasion!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Now this was a wedding so I can't say that the food from the menu would be the same but I'll bet it is. Best fried calamari I have ever had. Great pasta. Even the salmon, which I usually find bland, must have been wild salmon because it has so much flavor. I'll certainly go back on my next trip to LA.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After years of driving by this restaurant I finally decided to give it a go. The evening began after the host prompted us to the bar because our table was not ready. Normally I would find myself frustrated when this occurs, but Il Cielo provides patrons with a different experience. We were immediately greeted by a bar tender who suggested a number of cocktails that might suit our interests. After selecting drinks, the host informed us that our table was ready.

We were led into a garden which featured a number of tables that were delicately spaced. It was arranged so the setting was intimate without feeling too crowded. Antonio (our waiter) greeted us within seconds of taking our seats and presented our drinks. He went on to explain the specials and provide his suggestions. I went with the split pea soup and the Mediterranean sea bass while my significant other opted for lobster pasta and a caesar salad. All four dishes were excellent and worthy of their price ($8-15 for soup or salad) ($25-40 for an entree).

Antonio and his staff did a wonderful job of attending to our needs. They continually refilled our glasses, asked about the quality of the food, and engaged in conversation if we invited it. These features amalgamated with the romantic setting to make this a magical experience for me and my significant other.

There is one caveat that I must mention: I do not recommend this restaurant to people with young children as the atmosphere is quiet and intimate.

Otherwise, Il Cielo is an excellent restaurant that is definitely worth a try if you are hoping for a romantic date, an intimate experience, and/or a wonderful meal.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I highly recommend this beautiful restaurant! My boyfriend and I ate here for diner one night, and the food was superb. It is reasonably priced for excellent food! I highly recommend the lamb chops. The setting is delightful, surrounded by ferry lights with garden scenery. Chocolate cakes come with red roses, need I say more! :)

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Il Cielo is a wonderful oasis in Beverly Hills. A well known, but hidden gem. I have been at Il Cielo three times. Twice for dinner, and recently for lunch. The food, quality, and service are consistently excellent. It is a welcoming environment, and the experience and atmosphere are different between night and day. This is a romantic and intimate setting for dinner. Lunch is also nice, but in a different light, so to speak. I prefer the dinner atmosphere, but you can't go wrong either way.