“Oasis In Beverly Hills”
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 326 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cross street: Doheny Drive
Los Angeles, California
“Oasis In Beverly Hills”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Il Cielo is a wonderful oasis in Beverly Hills. A well known, but hidden gem. I have been at Il Cielo three times. Twice for dinner, and recently for lunch. The food, quality, and service are consistently excellent. It is a welcoming environment, and the experience and atmosphere are different between night and day. This is a romantic and intimate setting for dinner. Lunch is also nice, but in a different light, so to speak. I prefer the dinner atmosphere, but you can't go wrong either way.

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Great food”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a big birthday party in this restaurant for my mom. The atmosphere of the restaurant made the event feel really intimate. We had 4 waiters on our own table ready if we need anything. they are very quick with their service. I have never had table service this great out of all the restaurants in Beverly Hills. The restaurant is a bit tiny, but they also have a bar hidden in the front area. Parking is a bit hard, this is why we always opt for the valet.

the price of the food is rather on the upscale level, but the price matched the quality of the food we get from this restaurant.

I wouldn't say this is a kid friendly restaurant, although they can cater to kids menu. But with the intimate atmosphere, please don't bring your kids unless they can calm down to this place, it will ruin everybody's mood if they go there for a date.

Great food, amazing service....definitely worth a visit

• Visited November 2011
West Palm Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ITALIAN :::: JUST RIGHT”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is just the right combination of a wonderful atmosphere, with indoor and outdoor dining, and terrific food. The staff makes you feel so welcomed. It's a great evening out.
Robert M / Palm Beach

Visited June 2012
Derbyshire, UK
“Dissapointing and there must be better about”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were anticipating a great if not the best evening meal of our vacation according to the Trip Advisor reviews but it was the only disappointment of our whole holiday.

As we found with many other US restaurants, there seems to be a rush for you to order, drink and eat your dinner so they can re book your table an hour or so later. Il Cielo was no exception. The romantic ambiance was not great on the night we were there as it was really chilly and I had to keep my jacket on throughout the meal. I am sure it is not like this all the time though. We were in the inside room adjacent the conservatory/gazebo and tucked into a small table in what was a main thoroughfare between the kitchen and front of house. The front room. conservatory has lots of pretty lighting and I imagine on a warm evening a more romantic/pleasant dining experience.

The food was average and nothing special so you really pay over the odds if your main focus is the food. It was so average I cannot recall any of the dishes.

The service was fine but rushed as I say.

Maybe good as a lunch stop but I would not recommend for a memorable evening meal - there must be better places about.

• Visited November 2011
San Diego
“Lovely little place to have a simple meal”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

One of my favorite places to have a simple meal. Beautiful setting and a peaceful place to escape hectic LA.

Visited April 2012