“My favorite restaurant”

Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
“My favorite restaurant”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love this place. It is beautiful. Make sure you look at the floor. You walk over live fish.
The food is amazing. It is expensive, but worth it.

• Visited November 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Crustacean”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have to say that our review is long over due. We've been to Crustacean many times, and it's wonderful service, ambiance, and incredible food every time! The only thing that prevents us from dining there too frequently would be the nightmare traffic (that's often found in Santa Monica) we have to fight through to get to the restaurant. My ultimate favorite would be their garlic noodles. My husband's Chilean Sea Bass (can be made spicy) is always cooked to perfection. Overall, exceptional and flavorful!

Mexico, DF
“Delicious! Impecable service! Very romantic ambiance!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was the second time my husband and I went to eat at the Crustacean, the food was exceptional, the service very attentive, the recommendations impeccable! We had a wonderful evening!

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere but food is not as good as we expected”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been very well treated by the manager of the place but the food was not up to our expectation. It also took a long time before we got our first bottle of wine which was our first cocktail. The starters were OK but a little too fat for us and the crab which was the top specialty of the restaurant had too much garlic for us and too fat as well.
We had already tried this type of restaurant in Vegas and we had the same comment at that time. we just tried again.

Los Angeles
“Great Ambience & Service, But Food Does Not Live Up To Its Reputation”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We live in Los Angeles and have heard about this place for many years. We finally got around to trying it last Friday night. The ambience and atmosphere was great, and our waiter, Sebastian, could not have been better (ask for him!) There were three people in our party, and we started with the Sampler Appetizer (about $40 for 3 people), and then shared three entrees: the Signature Roasted Crab ($52), the Tiger Prawns ($42) and the Steamed Bass ($41). The Prawns came with the well know Garlic noodles. The Sampler was a great way to go, and I would recommend it. The entrees were all good, but after reading the reviews, we expected to be overwhelmed with the flavor of the entrees. We were not. My wife and Idid not particularly care for the crab, and wondered how fresh it was. I thought the prawns were quite good (she was not as impressed), and I would recommend them. I'm not particularly a bass fan, so I can't fairly comment on that, but the others in the party liked it. I would certainly go back, but I would order something other than the Crab.