“Stright out of a movie set!”
Review of Grill on the Alley

Grill on the Alley
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill on the Alley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 323 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Description: Reservations strongly recommended.
Naples, FL
“Stright out of a movie set!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Want to see what movie stars "way back when" would visit for lunch and/or dinner? Go here. White jackets on the waiters, old classic setting and everything looks like Bogart just may walk in. What a thrill. You know it is special since most of help have been aboard for a very long time!

Visited July 2013

Ridgecrest, CA
“They just don't do anything wrong!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We get to L.A. with some regularity. We try to make sure each trip includes a visit to The Grill on the Alley. In my 50+ years of visiting very fine restaurants (many much more expensive) I have never had 'repeat' experiences like they. Always excellent on every level: food, service, atmosphere and often a little 'celebrity watching'. Whether we go as a couple or with 2 or 3 other couples they do it right. It remains as our favorite restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Orange, California
“Unchained Gustation Down A BH Alleyway”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I told the Mrs. "hey, this place is just The Daily Grill by another name, you don't really want to go here." "Yes I do." So we did. I don't believe it still: this was really a nice surprise! Unlike its chain spawn, Grill on the Alley served fresh food with excellent service touched by a "local" lunch crowd likely unparalleled in this day and age. Step through the doors and throw your tired bottom back about 40 years into an old fashioned retro steak house. We did, had a couple of salads, bread, iced teas, great service and one of the tastiest surprises in Beverly Hills. Great respite, good food and service, we will definitely go here again soon if not to a Daily Grill.

Visited July 2013
Davidson, North Carolina
“Never disappoints!!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We are in this area of LA a few times a year and my husband never misses a chance to have dinner in this restaurant. It is a great place to entertain business associates or just have a private dinner with me. I forget how many years this restaurant has been a staple for locals and visitors. I know my husband has been eating here for over 20 years. This is their original location. The service is always top notch, all the entrees whether steak or seafood perfectly prepared. I always have their Dover Sole which is a favorite of mine and this presentation is one of the best I have ever had. The steaks and chops I have seen served to my husband and associates look grand....and large....love their sides. Could make a meal on these and their Caesar Salad. Excellent wine list. Be sure to leave room for desert. All homemade and perfect to share. Love the atmosphere. Not fluffy or stuffy. A man's man's restaurant but the ladies are made to feel welcome and well taken care of! Have seen more and more younger professionals in the restaurant ....or maybe we are just getting old....I wish people would enjoy their dining experience and leave their cell phones at the door! This restaurant is certainly a place to dine and enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant, great service...”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on others reviews on TripAdvisor and weren't disappointed.
This place doesn't look much from the outside down an alley just off Rodeo Drive but the food was excellent. Our waiter advised us on the best choices, we went with his advice and loved it. The steak was gorgeous but is massive at 24oz so we struggled to finish it...no worries though as they package it up for you so you don't waste it!
Definitely worth a visit if you are nearby!

• Visited June 2013