“Busy busy”
Review of Il Pastaio

Il Pastaio
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Pastaio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 339 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Brighton Way
Reviewed May 18, 2018

This is a typical Italian style without substance restaurant. I loved the ambience and the friendly staff but the food was average. The rib of beef was tough and dry. My plate was cleared whilst I was still digesting the lost mouthful.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Check our earlier review. We went back a few nights later. Had the same thing Ossa Boca. Wife had spaghetti with seafood in spicy tomato sauce. Both with chilli oil added.
Just delicious and fair priced. No wonder they queue to get in. Will go again on future visits to LA. Canon street is a good road to stroll along before or after dinner.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

This is arguably my favorite authentic Italian restaurant in LA. The food is so delicious no matter what you order. The 5 of us went there for Sunday lunch. I had the lobster linguine which was fantastic. We also had dessert and port. We spent 3.5 hours there for lunch because we enjoyed the food, wine and service.
The waiters are so friendly. I highly recommend if you are visiting Beverly Hills. It’s very popular among locals and tourists so I recommend making a reservation.

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

My friend recommended this restaurant which was down the road from our hotel . I was not dissapointed, we sat outside and had a great time people watching . The menu is extensive and the food delicious. The service was quick and our waiter very friendly. I will definitely eat here again & will be recommending Il Pastaio to everyone who asks me for restaurant recommendations. Thanks for a great lunch !

Reviewed May 7, 2018

Crowded, Noisy, tables close together, high energy buzz with waiters and food coming and going - Why do you go here - to be seen, to be part of the crowd or the great food. Each time I go, I remember to sit outside on the patio... just like Rome. Its charming and less cluttered and people watching is great. The creamy risotto and meatballs was really great to share and then we shared the asperiga vegetable chopped salad, really healthy and great. Main course we shared a Whole Branzino filleted and just perfect. We brought a great bottle and corkage was $30. Desserts were tiramisu and apple tartan really great. About $150 a couple, with tax and tip. for a full meal and corkage. The Wallis theater is only 1 block away and free 2 hour parking across the street after 6 pm. Reservations are honored very promptly but request inside or outside when you make the reservation. Service is very good and if you love freshly prepared Alfredo pasta prepared at the table, with spring truffles, now is the season - $70 for 4 or 6 people tossed in a solid wheel of Parmesan cheese bowl. Only 1 million calories and carbs but oh so worth it !