“Re-invented Menu”

Spago Beverly Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Spago Beverly Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 324 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Description: Spago's new re-imagined, market-driven menus feature the freshest, highest-quality ingredients with inspiration from our garden and local farmer's markets, infused with legendary chef Wolfgang Puck's signature styles. The place to see and be seen, Spago continues to set the standard for cuisine, service and style and is consistently recognized as the ultimate in fine dining.
Los Angeles, California
“Re-invented Menu”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I really liked the remodel they did on the restaurant, especially the gorgeous outdoor fireplace. It looks brighter, airier and more open than I remembered it to be. Great option for outdoor/indoor dining taking advantage of California's temperate weather.

The menu has changed significantly - incorporating more of an asian flair to the dishes. Some items were completely foreign to other members of my party - I only knew what they were because I'm familiar with Japanese ingredients. The food is good and consistent overall. Having said that, I feel like the menu might've been trying a little too hard.

Be warned: the cocktail glass is extremely thin - the large chunk of ice is solid enough to break the glass, causing the contents of the drink to spill everywhere. It seems like it's happened before so I'm a little baffled as to why they keep such an impractical cup.

Star sightings included Ricky Gervais & Larry David the evening I was there.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
New York
“Great food, Great service, Great celebrity watching”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is the renovated space and it is great. The service is impeccable. The drinks superb. You have to experience it to fully understand. The tables are all good. (Nobody faces a wall)

Los Angeles, California
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

very expensive and worth every cent. they re did restaurant. very very chic. Wolfgang himself came by to say hello, Rod Stewart was having dinner a few tables away. had the short rib (melts in your mouth) super classy place and not snotty at all. This truly is and has always been a remarkable meal. valet $8 they have an outdoor seating area that is beautiful, the bread basket they bring at the beginning is divine!

NYC
“Well done”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I arrived with 4 in my party in the outfit I had worn for three days and just decided to ignore that fact and enjoy myself. Everyone was polite , professional and just kind, to say the least. We were seated at a booth towards the front which was private and fun because we could see everyone. My first time here so I have no idea if it was a good table but everyone was happy. My favorite part of this meal is that I could have a conversation with the young people who were with me and actually hear their response, what a relief! We were given chef's tastings of tuna and soup, both were delicious. Ordering wine was difficult for me as I prefer the most expensive bottle and here they range up to 2500 and perhaps higher. The wine list was excellent and the sommelier helped me pick a wine that was acceptable and did not break the bank. This is one restaurant that I would order a great bottle because the food was excellent and the combination would have been a delight.We ordered assorted appetizers and tasted everything. Each dish was well prepared and just enough to wet your appetite. The farm salad is good, the sushi excellent.I ordered a veal chop which I seldom order and can never make well at home. always too dry. This was cooked to perfection as were all four dinners: salmon, lambchops and I don't remember the fourth. All were perfectly , perfectly cooked and all were moist.We also ordered most of the vegetables and had plenty left at the end. Wolfgang Puck came over to greet us and while pleased to meet him: I admire his work, I really did not want to bother him but I did appreciate the gesture. I would have loved to have discussed cooking with him or visited the kitchen but didn't want to ask on my first visit. This is an expensive restaurant but I totally enjoyed my dinner: quiet, elegant and as I said well done. I will return on my next visit to LA.. I have to say , I have been to most of the top restaurants in LA. Some of the menus are so involved in their descriptions of the combinations of food that it is wrk just to decipher what you are getting and the trendiness outweighs the entire experience. This is classic dining at its finest and you may want to linger and enjoy the meal.

Voorschoten, The Netherlands
“a real european restaurant in la”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

we have revisited after many years and the place has just been renovated ,so very busy because everybody likes to see what happened.the wait was a little too long since we reserved at 8.15 bur we got the best table in the middle of the restaurant for 6 at 9.15 with excuses and a nice gesture from the sommelier as we
looked over the menu it was an exiting menu and the portions are perfect not too big or too small so you can have different courses and try all the senses of the new menu .we were all very happy and the winelist is a dream but i like as the romans do stay with wines from hte country they are reasonably priced service for the us standerd good and not too fast. i can recommend this restaurant to any one who knows how to dine and wine

Visited January 2013