“Beautiful update”

Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 333 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Sunset Boulevard & Crescent Ave
Description: The Polo Lounge has been the favorite breakfast spot and watering hole for generations of stars and Hollywood deal-makers. Guests enjoy indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and late-night suppers. Lunch and dinner are served with piano accompaniment alternating with light jazz on the patio during the long summer nights. Jazz music is also featured during Sunday Brunch. In the evening guests can come to relax and enjoy one of our many specialty cocktails or one of our old favorites.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The remodel of the hotel lobby and update of the patio at the Polo Lounge is a success! This wonderful property has been re imagined to retain what is best and taking it up a notch. If you can go, you must! There is no other place you can go that has a more storied history. We had a nice big booth in the rear that overlooked the intire patio while giving us a feeling of privacy. The food is wonderful with many dishes being created table side. I do think the servers could be a little more personal, I know they are working and there every day, but for many this is a once in a lifetime experience. This is not to say service is bad, hardly, but a little more upbeat service would only add to the wonerful ambiance of this magical restaurant. Please take a moment to walk the grounds they are simply put "Fabulous " .

TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased to hear you loved the lobby and polo lounge update. We honored the original patina of the hotel, restoring its iconic design elements and enriching its warm residential feel.

Thank you for providing feedback on the service provided to you. I apologize our service was less than perfect during your recent visit. The Polo Lounge is known for is personalized five star service, so it is very disappointing to hear your feedback. I will make sure to follow up with the team here and can assure you the service will be back to our usual standards when you next visit us.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Favorite place of the real Hollywood stars, past present and future.
Delicious food and elegant service. One of the loveliest outdoor dining patios in California

Dear meralee1122,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at the Polo Lounge, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I really liked the combination breakfast menu options and it's really lovely sitting out in the patio area.

Dear Miss_B_Melbourne,

Thank you for joining us for breakfast, I am pleased you enjoyed everything!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

OK. The food here is good (and at prices that one would expect at this Beverly Hills landmark hotel and restaurant).

The service, however, was shockingly bad.

So, imagine this: a server breaks a wine glass on the table when wine is being served.

Zero apology.

And, the server appeared to want to do the minimum work to even clean up the table (he asked me, for example (a person whose wine glass was not broken but was within the zone of the flying broken glass): do you want a new glass of wine? Gee, I'm thinking, I'll just take it on faith that no shard of clear glass made it into my white wine.

While I acknowledge that some kind of accommodation is not an absolute requirement, my experience is that for a mishap like this a minor accommodation on the bill (like perhaps a free drink) would have been a normal thing to do even at the most basic of restaurants anywhere in the entire universe ever in existence. But, nothing given, done, intimated or said at all (and since I was a guest of someone else I didn't pursue myself it at the time)

The Polo Lounge apparently stands outside any such universal custom and practice. Bully and congrats to them for taking such a principled position.

A different server, while she is traversing the dining room, inadvertently hit the back of my chair and me. No worries. Not a big deal. And, no statement of normal etiquette such as "I'm sorry".

Looks like the server staff needs take that seminar entitled "Customer Service In Very Expensive Beverly Hills Restaurants".

3  Thank Walt M
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear wm90046,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience at the Polo Lounge. We value and appreciate your feedback and apologize that the service provided to you did not meet your expectations. The Polo Lounge is known across the world for its tremendous service, I can assure you your recent experience does not reflect the standards in which we pride ourselves on here at the Polo Lounge.

Please be aware that our Restaurant Manager Pepe DeAnda will be contacting you shortly to discuss a resolution via the Tripadvisor message center. Again, I do apologize and hope you will return so we can provide you with the five star service we are known for.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We ate there while guests in the hotel just off a flight from the UK and were really only snacking. We were seated near the piano where a Bubleish crooner huskily went without break through his repertoire. It does intrude on the mood of the dinner.
My wife ordered a McCarthy salad which turned out to be a composition of the finely diced components mixed up by the waiter in the dressing. Served in a bowl, it was not intended to be consumed as a conventional salad. She did, however quite enjoy it. My medium rare Wyagyu burger was exactly and competently what I was after following the flight. We shared a local Rose - not quite up with the French style but enjoyable
The restaurant itself is stylishly presented with plenty of room between tables and in the booths. It leads to an outside courtyard area where we also had breakfast. A wonderful atmosphere and very switched on staff made it an enjoyable experience. Freshly squeezed carrot and orange juices well accompanied my huge omelet and my wife's corned beef Hash which included black potato and large chunks of corned beef amongst other things.
We went there as a start to a cross USA trip and it reminded us both of the American habit of huge servings.

Dear JohnR63,

Thank you for visiting the Polo Lounge on your recent trip to Los Angeles. I am pleased you and your wife enjoyed your meals and the overall atmosphere of the Polo Lounge.

We hope you will be back to visit us again next time you visit Los Angeles.