“Great food and service”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 337 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Six of us went for a dinner and everyone loved their food. My steak was little too salty for me so I sent it back, by the time I got my reorder, everybody was done eating. The waitress comp the steak and gave us free
dessert.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Mastro's is all about service, so expect to be catered to. The steaks are great and the atmosphere is lively. I was surprised and happy to see that there is a great mix of customers, from young kids and family to well established folks, and hipsters to just regular people. Food is a tad expensive so be prepared, but again, this is a service place take advantage and be pampered.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I love steak and went with my sis and 2 friends to Mastro at Beverly Hills on Wed night. The place was very crowded with a very tight table arrangement. But, don't worry, we will not here other people conversations from the very-nearby tables since we had to shout to talk to each other. People shouted and music was lound but everyone seemed enjoying on the night .

Menu had plenty of choices but we would not see any listed since it was very dark compared to normal restuarant I had been. However, we intended to taste their steak and were not disappointed at all. It was definitely a great pepper steak (My friend siad it was a little bit too salty, but that is normal to every American dish, isn't it?). The side mash potato and grilled mushroom was perfect. Other dishes were nice as well, e.g. prawn cocktail, smoked salmon, sea bass steak, scallop. I would say food were on a very good side (except for people who does not like salty taste). Their red wine, a glass Carbernet Suavignon (I do not know the origin) was very good with steak.

It was a mixed reaction I would say. Good food, great steak but for people who like to dine quietly in order to appreciate the food, please do not come here. This is a club-styled steakhouse where everybody have to shout, drink and appreciate an American style good food. I would also like to add that it is quite an expensive one.

1  Thank WanchaiS
Reviewed May 24, 2014

we were recommended this restaurant by a local man living in california. it was wonderful! dont eat anything all day though because the portions are enormous and the steak takes up most of the plate!! book a table on the 2nd floor as it has a piano playing in the background. then afterwards venture upstairs as its a really lively bar area. we went there twice and tried differnet steaks and also tried their oyster rockafellas which were superb! Make sure you book a table as it is full every evening. definitely a worthy restaurant winner for us this holiday

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Interesting restaurant...could be a more modern Ruths Chris. Service was fantastic for our party of 8. Salad great, steak great, sea bass not great and not cooked enough. The sides were rather tasty. Even the Brussel sprouts tasted good, but anything does when it is drenched in butter. Enjoyed the lobster mac n cheese. Would recommend but still prefer Ruths Chris.