“Best Steakhouse Experience”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 331 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I love steak and tend to try out a lot of different steak houses when I can. This was an experience like no other. The staff was friendly and attentive. Our Server Molly was knowledgeable about the menu and offered suggestions of items to try out. She also did a great job at checking back and making sure everything was going well. I ordered a wedge salad which was delicious and the perfect size. Then had a filet on bone cooked medium rare. This was perfectly cooked. The filet melted in my mouth and was very flavorful. We ordered several sides to try. Scalloped potatoes, green beans and mushrooms. All the sides were perfect and plenty to share between the three of us. For dessert we ordered a cherry cobbler and creme brulee. Both were excellent and the cherries tasted very fresh and perfectly tart and sweet. Yum and well done!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Mastro's Christmas Eve and had a wonderful time and a fantastic dinner. We sat upstairs at the bar tables and the service was excellent, even though we were told this is one of the busiest night of the year. Our server never missed a beat. The servings are huge, we share a rib-eye and all the sides. The martin's are the same...huge. The price my seem high, but, you will pour three drinks out of the shaker.

1  Thank MickeyP_13
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Mastro's is a high energy steakhouse with great steaks and a fabulous wine list. The service is first rate. Upstairs in the bar area there's a pianist and jazz ensemble. It's a frenetic atmosphere but a great experience. Our party of 5 enjoyed steaks, fish and lamb. All agreed: superb. The "family style" sides were incredible and certainly designed for large families. We ordered 4 sides for 5 people, 3 would have sufficed. The first floor restaurant is quieter but upstairs is an experience not to be missed. Save up, it's worth it.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

It is very loud, though! The meal and service was outstanding and my steak was cooked perfectly. We had seafood, drinks and steaks... all superb!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I visited their Thousand Oaks location a year ago and were disappointed, but we thought we would give them another shot at this location. Its basically the same experience. Highlights: Nice romantic room decor, excellent onion rings, fantastic pretzel bread, very good twice baked potato, good martini. #1 negative: HORRIBLE choice in music! Who wants to go out for a nice dinner with candlelight and warm rich colors and listen to classic rock?! Rock is fine but it doesn't have a place at a fine restaurant. The funny thing is that they have pictures of Frank Sinatra all over and the hostess told me that is because this is an "old school" steakhouse. I think Frank would turn over in his grave. Other negative is pricing. I paid $42 for a petite filet. I've had $8 hamburgers elsewhere that were better. Very overpriced and uninspired. Its a cooked piece of meat with no interesting accompaniment or presentation. Finally, we were here for our anniversary and they brought the same chocolate layer cake as they did my birthday a year ago at the Thousand Oaks location. It could have literally been the same cake because it was very dry. Nice gesture, but it falls flat. If we return it won't be for a special occasion and we will only order sides.