“I know they are know for steak, but the seafood platter is amazing!!!”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 324 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Rolling Hills Estates, California
“I know they are know for steak, but the seafood platter is amazing!!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went here for dinner, I had heard tons of hype living in LA, it was really amazing. We started with the seafood platter, that was truly a highlight for me. Oysters in the 1/2 shell, lobster, king crab legs and shrimp, it was amazing. I had a filet also lovely. I had just returned from New England and thought the seafood may be a disappointment, it was amazing!!! We also tried each of the sides, the gnocchi with lobster and truffle oil was also fantastic! For dessert the butter cake was my favorite, oh and the huge bowl of whipped cream they brought out. It was a great night, the food was lovely. My only complaint was it is really dark, I mean, you can't see the menu dark, but the food makes up for it!

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lisle, IL
“Ready for a great meal?”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I haven't found anything on this menu that wasn't awesome! Of course they have really great steaks but I crave the tuna tartare app and the butter cake (try it with Tawny Port)

We started off with The Viking cocktail (listed a glutinous free but that didn't really matter to me!). It was so delicious and I was surprised it was only 3 ingredients. Vikingfjord Vodka, fresh lime juice and basil. Served perfectly chilled. Everything is big at Mastro's especially the Martinis.

The beef carpaccio app is served with a heaping pile of baby arugula and toasted cheese bread. That would be a good choice for a light entree.

Service staff is hustling. Very busy and very knowledgable.

Glasses of wine are expensive but then they should be because you get 9 oz.

Los Angeles, California
“If you want excellent steak, go here”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I've only been here twice, but I have tried almost every food they have in the menu because my co-workers would let everyone taste what they ordered ;)

Pros:
- Ambience is classy
- they have semi-private areas for large group
- Chihuly glass art at the stairway - breathtaking
- the facade is gorgeous
- great for groups
- steaks were divine, any of them, even the $99 steaks (1 on regular menu and 2 on specials)
- they have an extensive wine list, i think 400 wines,
- gorgonzola mac and cheese is worth a try
- i hate brussels sprouts but i could eat their brussels sprouts everyday, it's that good, i think they char grill them
- man, the crab cakes was to die for
- butter cake that could feed 3 people was amazing
- creme brulee was pefect
- cheesecake was yummy
- key lime pie makes you really pucker up, bold flavor
- they do a post-dine in call to hear what you have to say (they just need to assign someone who sounds genuinely interested in what you have to say, the lady on the phone sounds like she is bored to death, like a call-center agent)
- oysters rockefeller were good
Cons:
- too busy
- lighting is too dark, even in the private areas, they need to lit up that step
- a little bit on the loud/noisy side - not too suitable for a romantic night)
- ahi tuna whether on the appetizer or entree were just ok
- the maitre d was a BSer (this one was on our first time) he kept on saying how well he would take care of us, but he was nowhere to be found when we were ready to order, we had to ask one of the waiters to look for him
- twice baked potatoes were so-so
- mashed potatoes were blah
- creamed spinach was meh

Our second visit was much more pleasant maybe because we were away from the madness and our wait staff was better this time around.

Just be ready to spend at least $100 pp + tax and tip. Lucky for me, my boss always pay :)

BigginsBoy
“Top 3 Steaks ever”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Awesome food. I'm European, and I could not believe the amount of food served. Often I find that American restaurants confuse plate size with quality. In this case not only was the plate huge - the quality was off the scale. I left several pounds heavier but very happy. I will be back

• Visited May 2013
Severn
“Not disappointed but not thrilled either”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I was in Los Angeles on business and splurged on dinner at Mastro's Steakhouse. We requested seating in advance to be away from the piano and singers. As entertaining as they were, it distracted from any conversation we had at our table because it was so loud. Lighting was also an issue as we needed flashlights to read the menu. Food on the other hand was as expected. Plentiful, prepared as requested and very tasty. The Caesar salad was fresh and seasoned just right. I ordered the small ribeye and was pleased with its preparation and taste. Was the meal and atmosphere worth the premium price? I guess that's an answer each person has to decide for themselves.

Visited May 2013