“Great Dining Experience at Porterhouse Bistro”
Review of Porterhouse Bistro - CLOSED

Porterhouse Bistro
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was a really great choice, I went there years ago for my birthday. I was a beautiful elegant setting, great service. The food was delicious. I had a large part so i was actually in one of their private rooms which was absolutely beautifully decorated. The prices were quite surprising, with the beauty of the restaurant, the location and the quality of the food, we were expecting to pay much more. It was truly a wonderful experience.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

what went wrong is this is closed and adios to bad food bad service and yuck. get the picture. and you wonderf why it is no longer on wilshire blvd in beerly hills......

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We decided to go to this restaurant because it was on Groupon and it was close by. Overall, I would say that we would have gotten great value for our money even without the Groupon because the prix fixe menu was 43.20 per person and included four courses + two cocktails. With the Groupon, we were able to add in a few upgrades. For a Friday night summer at 7 PM, the place was definitely not packed, but we couldn't complain because we were able to park at the meters for free (Valet is available for ~$5).

The meal started with sliced baguettes and a variety of toppings to put on them. I must say this part probably stood out more than any of the other courses because other restaurants usually do not provide so many toppings. There was, of course, butter, tomato bruschetta, roasted garlic and their house tapenade (olives). I found them all to be very enjoyable. For appetizers, we upgraded to the filet mignon tartare and also got the smoked salmon quesadillas. The tartare was pretty good, but not as good as the wagyu tartare from Sage in Las Vegas (that one is to die for!). The quesadillas were a bit too greasy, and I would not get them again. For the entrees, we ordered the rack of lamb and flat iron steak, both of which were pretty good. The lamb wasn't the best I've ever had, but I can't complain. As a side to the steak, we had the Porterhouse fries. I can't remember the fries being that great either, but the presentation was unique (fries in a basket made of woven fries). We were quite stuffed by this time, but we made room for dessert as it was the 4th course in the meal. We ordered cream brulee and strawberry shortcake. The shortcake was quite dry, but the cream brulee was good. At the very end, the server brought out a plate that had cotton candy with a candle in the middle. It glowed an ominous green color and simply made my day. She said it was an apology for forgetting our drink order, but every table seemed to get one at the end. I'm not sure if the cotton candy plate was something the restaurant did or if the other tables ordered it, but it was definitely not on the menu.

It was a nice experience overall. I would come back, but there are so many other restaurants to try!

1  Thank NomNomBruin
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Prie Fix menu was enticing. Wife and I both ordered it. It was down hill from there. Food preparation was OK, nothing memorable at all about the meal. Service was no better than at Denny's. Server was not attentive to our needs, did not tell us about specials nor "up sell" desserts at our table. Overall, disappointing experience - was expecting a little more up scale for the price.

Reviewed September 18, 2009

This restaurant has really gone downhill. I know the economy is bad, but that is no excuse for using substandard ingredients. The steak used in the Carl's Junior breakfast burrito may be better than the steak they serve in this restaurant. They offer deals for a reason- the food is terrible. No wonder they have to resort to the hokey 30% off letters -- no one is going to this restaurant. There are so many great restaurants in Los Angeles-don't bother with this one.