“Hidden gem on Santa Monica Boulevard”
Review of Joss Cuisine

Joss Cuisine
Ranked #63 of 335 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Totally understated and almost hidden exterior. I ate here because Silk Thai was closed; had to Google the name to find out what they served! I wasn't disappointed. The food was amazing. I had crispy prawns with noodles in Chinese mustard sauce. Pungent and delicious!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

You can get no finer Asian food this side of the Pacific, but the price is high. With less than a welcoming entrance (I had to triple-check the neighborhood to try and re-find it, as the front looks more like a mortuary that has gone out of business than a restaurant, and when I said as much to the architect who had designed it, who was eating there, he said that was deliberate--that they were there mostly for the people who already knew it was there) and not too many tables, the extra ones up a plain staircase, it is obviously not trying to win hearts.
But your tongue and stomach will be satisfied. Gorgeously tasty and original dishes-- an eggplant chip that is fit for angels, and that light, chicken and veggies on lettuce a lettuce leaf, a lot of main course surprises. Not the least of these will be the bill, but oh, well. We only live once.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I went to Joss Cuisine because it was referred to me by some friends. I found it to serve authentic Chinese food, provide great service and unassuming space.

I'm an avid traveler and the food is way up there with the real Chinese food in Hong Kong.

I will be coming back!

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our concierge after asking for a friendly, casual chinese place. How wrong could he have got? He told us this place was exactly what we asked for but after entering the restaurant (which looked closed and very hard to find) we were shown to one of 5/6 tables, no atmosphere and no lighting!! My husband had to ask for a torch to read the menu.... The menu was very strange, no traditional chinese (i.e sweet and sour, chow mein, crispy beef etc) was just very expensive, strange choices. We did not enjoy the food at all, nor the non existent atmosphere. The only good thing was the helpful waiter. Shocking other than that. Never never again!!!!!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

At friend too me to this restaurant saying it was a neighborhood gem that was very intimate with great food. It was no. It is a small restaurant with awful acoustics. There were two tables with people talk and it sounded like they were screaming in our ears.
The food was at best mediocre. The service was almost non existent. I had a mongolian lamb dish that was was a 5 on a scale of ten. My friend has a shrimp dish that was at best a 3. But we had some green beans that were an 8.