“Very pleasant stay!”

Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel was referred to us as we had never stayed in Beverly Hills before. The room as well as the entire hotel was very tastefully decorated and had a great aesthetic. The service was great as well as the room service. I have never said this before but the room service food was delicious! Very helpful staff and in a great location. I highly recommend Mosaic.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Adolfo L, Manager at Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear JimC1964,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Mosaic Hotel. We're very pleased you had great service and enjoyed your room service meal. We appreciate your recommendation and your kind comments. We hope you consider Mosaic Hotel for any future visits to the area.

Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Cleanliness is number one for me. Towel was stained. When I noticed stained linen after ten p.m. my husband and I had to change it ourselves, and we would have preferred not to see or handle the stained bedding underneath. New linen had bloodstain on it and because of the way we made the bed, the best way to deal with that was just to fold it over so I didn't have to stare at it when I woke up. The website boasted brand name four hundred thread count linen, but for me personally I would rather less thread count and newer linens and bedding. Put damper on my first getaway without kids in 7 years.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AyalaT203

Dear AyalaT203,

I'm disappointed to read that your recent stay at Mosaic Hotel was not up to standards. Please accept my apology for any inconveniences you experienced. We certainly don't want to put a damper on anyone's getaway. I would be happy to discuss any shortfalls you experienced and can be reached directly at 310-432-5431.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights of a two week trip to Southern California. Family of 2 adults (40 & 35) and 2 children (2 & 6). My reseach was primarily on-line for this trip and I decided to take a hotel out of the busier Hollywood area. Our main goals were to visit Universal studios, the Natural History museum and the California Science center.

Planning/pre-arrival: I booked online and followed up with a few calls. Everything was handled in a Professional manner. There was a price drop after I made my reservation but there was a low price guarantee in place and when I emailed them about the price difference they adjusted it without any arguement (I would have found it much nicer had they done so automatically and informed me of such). This is the only property out of 4 that we stayed in that wouldn't allow me to pre-pay the bill by credit card without some type of signed faxed confirmation. While not really a problem, it didn't "add" to my experience either.

Arrival/Check-in: We came into LAX and grabbed a cab to the hotel. I think it was about a 15 minute drive. While unloading the taxi a hotel staff member came out and helped unload and bring in the luggage. Check in went easy enough and our room was ready when we got there.

Lobby Area: As others have mentioned, this area is quite small. That's ok as the hotel itself is quite small and doesn't have the capacity to merit a large lobby and dining area. As you enetr, the "front desk" is located to the left in an area that might be 10ft x 10 ft. Again, the size doesn't merit a big reception desk and I never had to wait more than a few minutes to talk to someone. The bar, business center and "restaurant" are all located in the lobby area. Again, none of it is big versus functional.

Restaurant: The restaurant was used for breakfast only. The offer was a la carte versus buffet and admittedly a bit on the pricier side for breakfast. Otherwise the breakfast was presented well, tasted just fine & did a good job of sending us out for a day of adventure. I'm not sure what else is offered in the immediate area for breakfast but the convenience of eatting on site made the cost worthwhile . Other than one waitress that seemed a bit stressed one morning, service was acceptable-friendly.

Bar: This is also part of the lobby area and consists of a 4-5 tables and a few chairs at the bar. I had a salad and a few glasses of wine my first night there. The bartender/server was outgoing and friendly. I can't remember his name but he came from Chicago and we had a nice chat for an hour or so on the area and Californian versus European wines.

Room: We had a 2 double bed room which suited our needs. It was a bit cramped for our party of 4 but not ovely so that it became an issue. Our room overlooked the pool area (which is probably the best view this hotel has). I believe the amenities were Etro, nice but expected in a property billling itself as a 4 star. TV, Radio, single serve coffee maker. Again all nice but nothing extraordinary for a 4 * hotel. Basic appearance and cleanliness were acceptable & to my standards.

Misc:

My wife had forgotten to pack toothbrushes for her and the kids (happily she insisted on doing the kid's packing so I was free of guilt on this issue lol) and the front desk was capable of providing them at no extra charge.

I needed cigarettes one night but they didn't stock any behind the desk & there were no places they could think of within easy reach that did. They offered to take me in the house car but I declined and decided to go see what could be found.The solution.... The Peninsula hotel is right behind the Mosaic and for $12 I was happy enough to get what I wanted.

Oh. The house car.. This is a nice offer at no additional cost but they are rather limited in the range that it can be used. I took advantage of the service once in order to go get a pack of diapers and found the service and driver nice enough to merit a $10 tip.

Pool: We used the pool daily. The kids just loved it (I'm not sure the other guests enjoyed the pool opening at 7am but I did keep the kids pretty quiet) as the pool is heated & on the smaller side. Unlike another review I just read, I noticed that there was a gentleman that came everymorning to clean and service the pool area. In fact, this gentleman was quite friendly with us and alwys went out of his way to bring extra towles for the kids(it was October and somewhat chilly in the mornings) and act in a friendly manner before going about his duties.

Location: They are nicely located close to Rodeo drive. While the family didn't actually spend anytime exploring Beverly Hills, I did take advantage of the location to go on late night walks on my own and enjoyed the area. The taxis to Universal and the museum areas weren't overly cheap. I do wonder if perhaps the front desk couldn't have found us a livery service to use for our stay but as I didn't think of it either, I can't really complain. There is a Starbucks within 5 minutes walking distance that opens at 5am. Given the time différences between Switzerland and L.A. I was there with my daughters every morning right at opening.

Conclusion: A nice little property with Professional & friendly staff. A bit on the small side but reasonably priced for the location. Another reviewer stated that this was a converted motel but even if so, they have done a decent job in converting the rooms and furnishing to match a 4* boutique hotel. Although I might like to try other hôtels in the area or in Hollywood, I wouldn't have a problem coming back to the Mosaic nor would I have a problem recommending it to others. It's not a Palace or Grand hotel but they are what they advertise to be. I give them a solid 4 because they were above average for the most part but didn't particularly go out of their way to give me that "wow" effect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank theswissmister

Dear theswissmister,

WOW! Thank you for a very detailed and kind review of your stay at Mosaic Hotel. It is very much appreciated. I'm pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I hope you'll give us the opportunity to WOW you during your next visit to the Beverly Hills area.

Regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at the Mosaic Hotel recently for a couple of nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were warm, welcoming and helpful. Special thanks to Steven, our porter who was attentive and thorough. Our room was spotless and beds were comfortable. We enjoyed having a quiet drink around the pool in the evening. The hotel was within easy walking distance from Rodeo Drive and a 15 min cab ride from the Airport. We will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend the Mosaic to our friends.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a small hotel which is surprisingly little-known. It is right in Beverly Hills within short walking distance to all the big stores, Rodeo Drive etc. It is on a slightly quieter street and has a small front entrance which makes it feel almost more like an old-fashioned small European-style hotel. It is comfortable and discreet rather than flashy.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The small dining area and bar are right in the foyer but positioned in such a way that they feel cosy rather than public.
The hotel has a pool but not all the amenities of the larger hotels (not that many of those amenities are used anyway - and since you are in Beverly Hills you can easily use nearby spas if you want one). There is also a complimentary car for neighborhood use.
We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Mosaic was a very nice boutique hotel in a great, within walking distance location to Rodeo Drive. The hotel is reasonably priced, and although the amenities at this hotel are limited, it's a great trade-off when you compare the price of this hotel to others just down the street. We had a very nice suite that housed my family of 4 quite nicely. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Let me begin by calibrating anyone staying in this part of LA. No decent hotel is cheap. Plain and simple. $300 a night is entry level into the luxury hotel market. That said, for the price, Mosaic delivers on its promise.

The hotel sits on a quiet street just off the intersection of Santa Monica and Wilshire Blvd. This places you about a 20 minute walk / 4 minute drive from the center of Beverly Hills and about a 20 minute drive from Santa Monica. Great location.

Another advantageous aspect of the hotel is the parking. There is ample parking within the premises and it is all on the ground floor which means that access to your car is quick and convenient.

The hotel lobby is small, tasteful and easy to navigate. There is a desk to check in, a small bar and a small restaurant. The overall decor is earthy tones and comfortable. Check-in is fast and pleasant.

The rooms are not huge, but provide sufficient area for two people to comfortable co-exist. The decor is pleasant and comfortable with a modern feel. The bathrooms are large enough, but more importantly the shower has great pressure which is important. Lastly, the shower products are Bulgari and very good.

The rooms are equipped with all the amenities you would expect from a hotel of this caliber including a Bose stereo, flat screen TV, robes, etc. It also has a very comfortable bed and perfect pillows. I stay in a lot of hotels and this is not always a given, but these beds were some of the best.

On the negative side, the hotel is a bit noisy in the evenings & mornings when people are up and about. We stayed on the third floor and could hear the footsteps above us. Nothing that kept me up, but it was unexpected.

We had one lunch and two breakfasts in the restaurant. The food is above average, but the service was excellent. The breakfast menu offers a lot of diversity from simple grains to eggs benedict. No reason to go out for breakfast. The lunch and dinner menu is a bit more limiting. Given the plethora of restaurants within walking distance, this is not a factor. If you choose to stay in, the restaurant is fine.

From check-in to check-out and everything in between, the service was consistently excellent. Every member of the staff was pleasant and accommodating. You actually get the feeling they like working there and are proud of their hotel. This can make all the difference.

Overall, the experience was very good, the accommodations were exactly as advertised, the location was perfect and the bed was comfortable. What more could you ask!

Room Tip: They have a on each floor room in which the elevator cuts into the floorplan. Ask for any other roo...