“Nice Stay at the Mosaic”

Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We had a nice stay at the Mosaic. Most of the staff were nice and friendly...I like the car being available to drop off at restaurants or shops in the Bev Hills area. Beds were very comfortable, rooms are small with two queen beds. I don't understand the $30 charge for parking in an open, uncovered lot...c'mon, that's not necessary. However, overall a good place, would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank KClarkWalnutCreek_CA

Reviewed November 11, 2011

We arrived after a long haul flight with two jet lagged elementary grade school children at 0830 and were instantly checked into a room despite being so early. The room was beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable even though we squeezed four into a room for two. All The staff were lovely and very helpful. If you travel a lot for business and frequently stay in your company's preferred chain, you'll probably appreciate the boutique and individual nature of this gorgeous hotel. The restaurant/bar is worth checking out too. Plus it's in a great location for shopping on Rodeo. We loved it.

Room Tip: The patio rooms are a bit more open air and fresh.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very nice boutique hotel. The Mosaic does not just claim to be a boutique hotel by being small, it is truly the attitude they treat their guests with. We stayed in the lofts. The room was nice, but can be a bit noisy with road traffic at night. Probably best to stay in the main building if you are a really light sleeper. The staff was amazing and treated us 1st class from the get go. Love sitting by the pool under the heaters at night. Bar drinks are a bit pricey though. The complimentary house car that dropped us off at dinner was awesome. Will definately stay here again. My wife loved the Bvlgari products.

Room Tip: Lofts outside are awesome for the boutique feel, but can be noisy at night. Get a ride from the hous...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Recently, I spent three weeks staying at the Mosaic both pre and post surgery. It's location is perfect for access to so many of the medical facilities that populate this part of Beverly Hills. Given the purpose of my visit, a large proportion of my time was spent in or around the hotel. Knowing this, the staff could not possibly have been more helpful. They consistently went that 'extra mile' to provide a level of service that was highly professional, yet personal. They really appeared to care that my stay was as comfortable and as easy as possible. A smile or kind word can make a world of difference when one is not feeling well.....the staff were always ready with both.
The room was very well appointed and overlooked the pleasant pool area. Yes, the light from the exterior lights did slightly illuminate the room, but not to a level that I found it difficult to sleep. The hotel was essentially quiet and on the one occasion that I phoned down to the front desk complaining of excessive guest noise in the early hours, the problem was speedily sorted. The food was flavoursome and always well presented ...although somewhat heavily spiced/salted for my palette. Service in the Hush Bar could be somewhat slow, but room service was usually fairly speedy and the food was hot!
The free WIFI was speedy and the in room TV/ Media was of excellent quality.
Earlier this year I had six days staying at the iconic and wonderful Beverly Wilshire. Whilst The Mosaic represents a different type of experience, being a boutique hotel, I would not hesitate to return to The Mosaic...that way I would probably buy more pairs of Manolos!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This hotel is pretty and customer service is great but it's not very comfortable. The room we had (222) was very small, had some beautiful shutters on the patio windows. Problem with that was the entire second floor "patio" area is lite up like a Xmas tree and the lights shine in through the shutters and kept us awake all night. We called the desk and they sent someone up to remove the light bulb from above our door but that did no good since the entire floor is lite. Then there was the problem with the matress. I've slept on more comfortable beds at Best Western. The next morning I hung my robe on the hook in the bathroom and the hook fell off the wall. Then we couldn't get the faucet to turn on in the shower, they sent maintenance and he had a hard time getting it on and then the shower head would just spit water and he just left it like that. The front desk was very helpful in making dinner reservations for us and calling our cabs but other than that I have to say I've been more comfortable at Comfort Inn and Best Westerns.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We are getting away for our second wedding anniversary. I like this area because of it's location to nice restaurants and things to do. I love using Trip Advisor and Mr&Mrs. Smith but since the latter didn't come good entirely this time I did a mini search and found this place. It looked great and after reading some reviews I was happy to go with it. Some had mentioned that the staff would be quite snooty but we didn't experience this at all, in fact quite the opposite. We got checked in really easily and everything was set up nicely. The rooms and items within were top drawer. They had a nice Bose sound system which was able to charge and play our iPhones. The in-room amenities were good quality too with a nice choice of wines available. I very rarely get the chance to have a nice breakfast so whilst here I chose to have the steak and eggs which was delish although we had to wait for breakfast a little longer than normal. This might have been because we were sitting behind a large square column so we were slightly out of view from the waiter/barman. Actually, when the breakfast did come mine was wrong but he because we waited and mine was initially wrong he didn't charge us! That was helpful. All in all this place was really nice and i'd be very happy to come back here again. Only problem is that next time it's my wife's choice so who knows where we'll go.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I spent 5 nights at this hotel. Very charming and super centrally located if you like to shop on Rodeo drive. 5 minutes walking distance. Very quiet at night. Nice room. Bulgari amenities. there is a small pool if you like to do some laps in the morning. Breakfast was good as well. The only downsides are: I could hear a little bit people walking (only walking) above my room. But no other noise (no tv, voices etc..) So it is quiet. Second I have asked several times for tips for restaurants but people working at the front desk have no clue. Nice people but not trained as concierge. Do your research ahead of time.
I would def go back.