“A great way to see Los Angeles” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tour Du Jour - Day Tours

Tour Du Jour - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Beverly Hills
More attraction details
Owner description: We do private, luxury tours of Los Angeles. Showing the city we love for over 10 years. Our tours range from 2 hours to multi-days and include the best of Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Santa Monica, Venice, celebrity homes and more. Voted "Best private tour" by Los Angeles Magazine. The number one choice of LA's finest hotels for private tours- but do not just hear this from us- call the Concierge Department at any luxury hotel including, The Beverly Hills Hotel,The Beverly Wilshire Hotel,Casa Del Mar-Santa Monica ,The Four Seasons Los Angeles, The Montage Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Beverly Hills and more to see who they recommend first for their guests. We love what we do!
ottawa, ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A great way to see Los Angeles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family recently used Tour du Jour for a private tour of Los Angeles and we could not have been happier. Our guide Scott was incredibly knowledgeable and accommodating. My younger daughters were also thrilled to discover he had played characters in 2 of their favourite shows! It was a great way to see the sights without feeling like cattle on a tour bus.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank travelwiththegirls
RManning, Owner at Tour Du Jour - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for reviewing us on tripadvisor. That's great that your daughters recognized their guide, Scott from two of their favorite shows. Scott,, is often recognized by children who have seen the shows that he has been on. I agree he is very accommodating and knowledgeable. Yes, seeing LA with one of our guides in a luxury vehicle does beat "feeling like cattle on a tour bus". On a private tour you are also able to see so much more on a tour and explore some of the hidden jewels in LA!
Wishing you happy travels and we hope you will come back to our awesome city.
Thanks for booking with Tour Du Jour!
We appreciate your business!- Richard Gitterman, Owner. "Showing the city love since 2001!

Troy, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fantastic Way to Tour LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've visited Southern California for the last 30+ years as my brother lives there. He and my sister-in-law have been gracious enough to take me and my family at different times to the typical "Hollywood" sites so I was skeptical as to what I could learn on a private tour.

I was there on business last fall and decided to try a tour. The concierge at the hotel recommended Tour du Jour. My private guide was Jim who arrived promptly and spent a few minutes talking to me about what I'd like to see and personalizing the tour for me. When I tell you I was astonished at the amount of information Jim provided during the tour and how much I didn't know about the area, it's an understatement! I asked him how he could possibly retain that much information and he said he was fascinated with the area and enjoyed learning about it. He shared so much "behind the scenes" information that you don't find in typical tour guides that I felt that the money spent couldn't begin to equate to the value of the tour. Jim's personality reflects the pleasure he has in his job; I felt like I was visiting with a friend rather than a tour guide.

I would highly recommend Tour du Jour and plan on booking a 2 day tour the next time my family and I visit LA. In fact, I'm going to treat my brother and sister-in-law so that they can learn more about their hometown!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 519emp
Thank you for your very kind review of Tour Du Jour! I am glad that you were able to explore the city with us during your business/family trip. We are honored that the concierges at LA's finest hotels have been recommending us for 13 years. I agree that your guide, Jim is a walking encyclopedia of LA. He does have an awesome personality and quick wit! I am glad that you felt like you were seeing LA with a friend, rather than a guide. That is what we strive to achieve, my friend! Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit. - Richard Gitterman- Owner
Anaheim, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a great tour group to use. Very customer service orientated and the driver was great! Would use again!

Visited January 2014
Thank you Charly for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor! I am delighted that you enjoyed your tour with Tour Du Jour. It is always nice to have a fellow Southern California take our tours. If I may ever assit you with any recommendations in LA please do not hesitate to contdct me- Richard Gitterman- Owner.
Gadsden, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
“LA Story”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

WOW! Tour Du Jour is exactly as advertised! This is an exceptional company and everyone who visits LA should book a private tour with Tour Du Jour. Our private tour was an awesome and exciting adventure! The emails I received from Tour Du Jour were detailed and planned by Richard and the meeting place, times and tour went exactly as planned. Not one glitch the entire time.

There were six of us in a spacious, clean and comfortable Lincoln Navigator. Our guide for the "LA Story" was Mark. As we live 2,000 miles from LA, I depended on the internet to search for tours. I was leery of trying to see LA with 20-30 people all talking and asking questions at the same time. I mentioned to a friend we were going to LA and he highly recommended Tour Du Jour.

Mark, our guide, was extremely knowledgable of all the history of LA. He was so friendly and patient with all of us. He answered any and all questions we asked. He seemed to be having as much fun as we were! He took us to a "private spot" (unknown to others) to see the Hollywood sign. We were the only ones there. Our pictures are amazing! Mark actually took most of them for us. Mark is a walking encyclopedia of the history of Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Paramount Pictures, Hollywood Hills, Movie Stars' Homes, Walk of Fame, Grauman's Chinese Theater, Bel-Air, Kodak Theater, Sunset Strip, Greystone Mansion, Playboy Mansion, Famous Hotels, Famous Restaurants, Capitol Records and even more!

TOUR DU JOUR is the only way to tour! It exceeded our expectations with amenities and surprises. We can't wait to go back. The next time we go to LA we will plan 2 tours with Tour Du Jour - "Ultimate LA" and "Best of the City!

Visited January 2014
RManning, Owner at Tour Du Jour - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Diane, thank you for wirtng the review of Tour Du Jour! It was a pleasure to plan your tour with you! I am sorry that weather delayed some of your group, but am delighted that you made it our here after all. Please thank our friends for recommending us. With all the choices in LA I am humbled that you said , "Tour Du Jour is the only way to tour"! I agree that your guie, Mark is a "walking encyclopedia" of LA! We are continually unveiling new hidden spots of our amazing city. We look forward to welcoming you back to LA one day!
Happy Travels!
Richard Gitterman
President
Tour Du Jour
San Jose, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent custom tour of LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I wanted a customized/private tour of LA, and emailed Tour Du Jour to set something up. Jim replied and helped me through planning and customizing the tour; he was patient and made some nice suggestions. On the day of the tour, I was surprised to find out that Jim was also our guide -- cool because I was afraid I might have to re-describe all we discussed in the emails to the actual guide.
Throughout the tour, Jim provided interesting commentary about our location and was generally very affable. We ended the tour with a late lunch at Pink's -- which was fun (not necessary delicious) and iconic. Definitely recommend Jim and Tour Du Jour. We had a great time.

Visited November 2013
Thank you so much for writing your kind review of Tour Du Jour. I am delighted that Jim helped plan your tour and was also your guide. Jim is truly an expert on LA and I am glad your enjoyed your time with him. We hope your travels will take you back to LA!
Richard Gitterman- President Tour Du Jour