“LA Story”

Tour Du Jour - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Beverly Hills
More attraction details
Owner description: We do private, luxury tours of Los Angeles. Showing the city we love for over 10 years. Our tours range from 2 hours to multi-days and include the best of Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Santa Monica, Venice, celebrity homes and more. Voted "Best private tour" by Los Angeles Magazine. The number one choice of LA's finest hotels for private tours- but do not just hear this from us- call the Concierge Department at any luxury hotel including, The Beverly Hills Hotel,The Beverly Wilshire Hotel,Casa Del Mar-Santa Monica ,The Four Seasons Los Angeles, The Montage Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Beverly Hills and more to see who they recommend first for their guests. We love what we do!
Reviewed January 14, 2014

WOW! Tour Du Jour is exactly as advertised! This is an exceptional company and everyone who visits LA should book a private tour with Tour Du Jour. Our private tour was an awesome and exciting adventure! The emails I received from Tour Du Jour were detailed and planned by Richard and the meeting place, times and tour went exactly as planned. Not one glitch the entire time.

There were six of us in a spacious, clean and comfortable Lincoln Navigator. Our guide for the "LA Story" was Mark. As we live 2,000 miles from LA, I depended on the internet to search for tours. I was leery of trying to see LA with 20-30 people all talking and asking questions at the same time. I mentioned to a friend we were going to LA and he highly recommended Tour Du Jour.

Mark, our guide, was extremely knowledgable of all the history of LA. He was so friendly and patient with all of us. He answered any and all questions we asked. He seemed to be having as much fun as we were! He took us to a "private spot" (unknown to others) to see the Hollywood sign. We were the only ones there. Our pictures are amazing! Mark actually took most of them for us. Mark is a walking encyclopedia of the history of Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Paramount Pictures, Hollywood Hills, Movie Stars' Homes, Walk of Fame, Grauman's Chinese Theater, Bel-Air, Kodak Theater, Sunset Strip, Greystone Mansion, Playboy Mansion, Famous Hotels, Famous Restaurants, Capitol Records and even more!

TOUR DU JOUR is the only way to tour! It exceeded our expectations with amenities and surprises. We can't wait to go back. The next time we go to LA we will plan 2 tours with Tour Du Jour - "Ultimate LA" and "Best of the City!

RManning, Owner at Tour Du Jour - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Diane, thank you for wirtng the review of Tour Du Jour! It was a pleasure to plan your tour with you! I am sorry that weather delayed some of your group, but am delighted that you made it our here after all. Please thank our friends for recommending us. With all the choices in LA I am humbled that you said , "Tour Du Jour is the only way to tour"! I agree that your guie, Mark is a "walking encyclopedia" of LA! We are continually unveiling new hidden spots of our amazing city. We look forward to welcoming you back to LA one day!
Happy Travels!

"highlights"
in 5 reviews
"celebrities"

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I wanted a customized/private tour of LA, and emailed Tour Du Jour to set something up. Jim replied and helped me through planning and customizing the tour; he was patient and made some nice suggestions. On the day of the tour, I was surprised to find out that Jim was also our guide -- cool because I was afraid I might have to re-describe all we discussed in the emails to the actual guide.
Throughout the tour, Jim provided interesting commentary about our location and was generally very affable. We ended the tour with a late lunch at Pink's -- which was fun (not necessary delicious) and iconic. Definitely recommend Jim and Tour Du Jour. We had a great time.

Thank you so much for writing your kind review of Tour Du Jour. I am delighted that Jim helped plan your tour and was also your guide. Jim is truly an expert on LA and I am glad your enjoyed your time with him. We hope your travels will take you back to LA!
Richard Gitterman- President Tour Du Jour

Reviewed June 28, 2013

It was Dad's first trip to the US and LA so when I said to the Concierge at the hotel, I would like to do a guided tour around Beverly Hills and Hollywood he said No problem I will book with Tour Du Jour and ask for a great tour guide...

Well they did not disappoint Mark met us in the lobby of the hotel and right from the get go he was friendly, professional and great value! Dad has a soft spot for the movie Pretty Woman and for the stars of yesteryear so Mark slanted the tour in that direction.

Anyway it was a great day out and I would recommend it to anyone coming to LA and Beverly Hills for the first time. Thanks Mark and Tour Du Jour.

P.S. great Hollywood sign photos and Mark if you are reading this let me know if the bit of Trivia about dying in Beverly Hills is correct..

Cheers,

Simon and Noel

1  Thank Simmo221
RManning, Owner at Tour Du Jour - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Simon and Noel,
Thank you for writing a review of Tour Du Jour! I am happy to hear the concierge of your hotel recommended us. We have been providing our service to LA's finest hotels for 12 years and it is a such a pleasure to do so!
Mark is an amazing guide who loves meeting new people and showing our wonderful city. It is no surprise to me that he customized the tour to your dad's interests
I hope we made your LA trip memorable!
Thank you!
Owner
Tour Du Jour

Reviewed June 4, 2013

What an amazing day in LA!

We were picked up from our hotel by our guide Mark in a Lincoln Navigator. The car was luxurious, spacy and clean. We had instructed Tour Du Jour that we wanted to focus on the celebrity side of things as we come fro Australia and were in LA due to our love of all things Hollywood.

Mark was extremely informative and on hearing that I loved the show 'Entourage' he was able to point out many sites that were in the show.

Mark's knowledge of Beverly Hills and it's surrounds is second to none. He has rubbed shoulders with a number of high profile celebrities and has many entertaining stories to share.

A couple of highlights from our trip - Mark took us to a spot under the Hollywood sign that was unencumbered by houses and other tourists. We took some amazing photos from this vantage point. Also - we opted for a quick lunch to maximize our tour. We stopped into In-N Out Burgers which was fantastic and appropriate for the type of day we had.The drive into the hills for some celebrity home spotting was highly entertaining and scenic.

This was one of the highlights of a month long trip in the US and one my family still talks about. We have two girls aged 6 & 12 and both were fascinated by this day long car trip.

I highly recommend this tour company to anybody who want to see LA privately and in comfort. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to an awesome day out.

Thank you Andrew for your extensive review of Tour Du Jour! How kind of you to take the time to write this! We are humbled that this was one of your highlights during your month-long holiday in the US!
Mark, is an amazing guide who has been with us for years. Truly one of the best guides in the city. We are honored to have him. All of our guides customize our tours to our guest's interest. I am glad we were able to do a Hollywood tour with highlights from the tv show, "Entourage".
We do have a very special spot to view the Hollywood sign and great to hear you got some good shots.
I hope you will make it back to LA. We think we have an awesome city and are discovering new things ourselves every day.
Happy Travels!
Owner Tour Du Jour
Showing the city we love since 2001!