“The Perfect Tour of Beverly Hills”

Tour Du Jour - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Beverly Hills
More attraction details
Owner description: We do private, luxury tours of Los Angeles. Showing the city we love for over 10 years. Our tours range from 2 hours to multi-days and include the best of Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Santa Monica, Venice, celebrity homes and more. Voted "Best private tour" by Los Angeles Magazine. The number one choice of LA's finest hotels for private tours- but do not just hear this from us- call the Concierge Department at any luxury hotel including, The Beverly Hills Hotel,The Beverly Wilshire Hotel,Casa Del Mar-Santa Monica ,The Four Seasons Los Angeles, The Montage Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Beverly Hills and more to see who they recommend first for their guests. We love what we do!
Reviewed August 6, 2012

On each of our last two times as a family in LA (2008 and 2011) we took a private tour of Hollywood and Beverly Hills with Richard of Tour Du Jour . On each occasion the tour was FANTASTIC. Richard is extremely knowledgable and very entertaining. He was able to show us so much to interest our teenagers , my wife and me. Indeed, knowing I am a silent movie fan, he was able to show me the homes of ( and discuss interesting facts concerning) many of the silent stars, whilst also entertaining the children with information concerning the latest Hollywood celebrities. A fabulous, fabulous tour - and on the second occasion ( when we took the longer tour) he didn't retrace what he had shown un in 2008, but came up with so much new information and sites.

RManning, Owner at Tour Du Jour - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Tim, thank you for reviewing Tour Du Jour and taking our tour twice now! You have a beautiful family and I enjoyed meeting the rest of the gang on your second tour. Your knowledge of historical LA is impressive and that is coming from an Aussie! You taught me a lot about old Hollywood, particularly the silent-screen stars. It was fun sharing the interesting stories about Pickfair on your second tour. I am glad I had plenty of contemporary LA to show your children. Thank you also for recommending us to your work colleague recently. I personally showed them around and they were a delight. I know you plan your trips well in advance and I look forward to seeing you and the 1,000's of lawyers that will be coming here for a conference.
All the best-Richard Gitterman- Tour Du Jour

"highlights"
in 5 reviews
"celebrities"

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Because TOUR DU JOUR is the place to be! We had a great time touring Los Angeles and seeing the greatest sights in comfort and style. Our tour guide, Richard was THE BEST- funny, smart, and generally a huge mensch. The car was comfortable and luxurious. Trust me-- you're going to FEEL like a celebrity, even though you're just staring at their houses from the street. Richard had great stories that kept us entertained throughout the whole day-- I couldn't have asked for a better way to see the sights of the city! THANK YOU TOUR DU JOUR!

Karoline,, it was such a pleasure to take you and your friends on a tour.! I had as much fun as you did. Thanks for making my job so enjoyable. I am glad that you were able to join your out of town guests on the tour. I am happy that you felt "like a celebrity". In our eyes all of our guests are celebrities!
Richard Gitterman- Tour Du Jour

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Tour Du Jour gives private tours of Los Angeles, Hollywood and Beverly Hills. The tour guide that we had was intelligent and very knowledgable about LA history and architecture. It seemed that he knew everything about the development of LA, the history of the movie industry, the architectural styles that are unique to Southern California and the best restaurants. His recommendations were impeccable. There was just enough history, stars and pop culture. My teenagers loved the tour as much as I did!

Thank you for reviewing Tour DU Jour! I am glad that you felt your guide seemed to know everything. When we are not our tours we spend our time with "continual education" of LA. We do a lot of reasearch and pride ourselves on being one of the first to know a celebrity's new address or the latest happenings in the city. We love showing teenagers around and I am happy to hear that they enjoyed the tour as much as you!
We just celebrated our 11th year of "showing the city we love!"
Thanks again- Richard Gitterman- Tour Du Jour

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This excursion was extremely fun, insightful, and one I will remember for years to come! Our tour guide was particularly fantastic thanks to Richard, who knew so much about the city! I found the history behind Los Angeles and its famous hotspots, hidden secrets, celebrity sightings, to be extremely intriguing! I would suggest this company to any of my friends and will continue to do so! It was a great way to view Los Angeles and definitely worthwhile!

Rachel, thank you for taking the time to write a review of Tour du Jour. I am glad that you found our city intriguing! Our job as guides is easy as we have one of the world's most vibrant cities as our backdrop. Seeing the city through the eyes of our guests always helps us appreciate it ourselves. I am dleighted that you enjoyed your private tour with us!
Richard Gitterman- Tour Du Jour

See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I rarely write reviews but this experience was so worth sharing. This was so worth the money (I think the prices are actually comparable to the other LA area group tours). Tour du Jour gives you the option to see what YOU want to see in a private, air conditioned vehicle and the overhead/aerial pics of the celebrity homes are a nice added touch. This is a far better way to spend your time versus being stuffed into an open air van (we passed some during our tour and it looks like they are stored outdoors at night) with a large group of tourists sitting in direct sun, sweating in 85+ degree heat seeing a pre-set tour of landmarks and token sites. From the moment I made the reservation, Richard the owner was so warm and sincere in his dedicated intention to making sure we had a fabulous tour and he asked detailed questions to ensure our driver planned a wonderful experience. Our driver Jim called to advise on approach, he was prompt/on time, warm, friendly and very well informed. Jim was so warm, engaging, knowledgable and he really went above and beyond to show us what we had interest in seeing. As a private tour, Jim was able to modify on the fly and we had an opportunity to see the amazing Pacific Design Center, the La Brea Tar Pits and the less than eye popping "levitating rock" :) Beyond the tour experience, Richard and Jim exhibited a true knowledge born of love and passion for the LA area (far better than what would likely have been a canned/rehearsed tour speech delivered hourly/daily with other tour agencies). About a day or so after we took our tour, Richard and Jim were kind enough to research and answer my additional LA area based questions that came up during our tour. I was drawn to Tour du Jour because several people commented as LA natives. I was originally born in LA and I can say it is truly a treat to see and learn about deeper LA from people who obviously have a passion for the "pulse" of the city. Absolutely no offense to other tour companies, this is just a more personalized and luxurious way to tour. Thank you Richard and Jim for a fun, wonderful, memorable experience!

Thank you for your glowing review and your compliments. - I am touched. I enjoyed the process of planning this tour with you via our emails. It is always fun for us to plan a custom tour for our guests, especially those who have lived in LA before. Your guide Jim is a real gem! Like all our guides he has been with us for years and shares the Tour Du Jour passion for showing our awesome city.
I am glad we have stayed in touch after your tour. There is nothing more satisfying to me as an owner to build relationships with our guests.
We having being giving private tours of LA for 11 years now and we continue to fall in love with the city everyday!
Thank you!- Richard Gitterman- Tour Du Jour