“Art on a plate!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Gale
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This was one of the most unusual dining experiences I have had. The presentation of the food was amazing but the portions were small & I would not go there if I was starved. In saying that I had food I've never tasted before which pleased the palate. Not a place for children or those that do not appreciate the unusual ingredients used by the chef. One has the option of small plates which the server suggested in order to try a combination of flavors. A foodie's heaven.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Hipsters heaven. Pretty decent food, a little pricey, but good drinks. We liked the place, we ate here after a segway ride. Cool nieghborhood, too. Try it tou.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

This place was a pretty cool spot. I heard a lot of my foodie friends talking about the cool menu, so I decided to go check it out. Overall, it was worth the visit, although I don't think this will become a regular hangout for me.

We went late on Friday and were seated immediately - I was a little surprised by this since it was a busy weekend, but were there pretty late. The place has a real 'bar' vibe: dark, loud, big bar in the corner, really fancy cocktails. In fact, the liquor selections were pretty awesome. they had things like Rye Whiskey and Fernet that you don't typically see on menus.

The menu was some what limited, and everything is served tapas-style. there were five of us, so we just ordered a bunch of different things and went for it. I could see this menu being a little intimidating if you were there on a date or dining solo at the bar (however, the bar menu was different than the dining menu, and you can't order from both, which is kind of annoying since the bar is literally RIGHT THERE).

You might think this is a negative review, but it is not: everything we ordered was amazing. I am not even sure what some of things were, but the ingredients, flavors and presentation were top-notch. My favorite dish was the Carrot Salad. It looked pretty bizarre when it came out - everything on the plate was dark purple, almost black - but it tasted incredible.

Servers and host were all very friendly. We didn't wait for anything - food and drinks were out to us in no time. The servers were all very knowledgeable of both the menu and bar.

I would say, that if you are not a foodie, or are more interested in a place that serves a big juicy steak, then maybe this is not the spot for you. The menu is available on their website, so definitely check that out before you go. However, if you are looking for a tasty culinary adventure, and don't mind spending the money, I'd put Red Medicine on your short list.

1  Thank shakeitsgreat
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My friend and I went to Red Medicine last night. We are both foodies, and we were both very pleased. We decided to try all the small plates and one larger plate. Everything is intended to share. We are two men, and I would say the small plates could probably be shared successfully by up to 4 people! Our first plate was Brussells Sprouts - caramelized shallots, fish sauce, vermouth (Excellent). Our second plate was Crispy Spring Rolls - dungeness crab, lime, pea pods, fines herbes (Excellent). Our third plate was Chicken Dumplings - caramelized sugar, pork fat, lemongrass, confitures (Awesome - my favorite). Our fourth plate was Pork Rillette - crispy chicken skin, lychee, clove, pistachio, spicy herbs (OK - my least favorite). Our Fifth plate was Chinese Lion Peppers - almond skins, honey, soy violet basil, dates (Interesting). Our main plate was Pork - caramelized black vinegar, goji berry, spring onion, dried almond (Very good). There were 4 desserts to choose from, and I opted for all but the rhubarb. The first was Pear - wild anise, cream, raw chestnut, mead syrup infused with pear skins (Sublime). The second was Coconut Bavarios - coffee, condensed milk, thai basil, peanut croquant (Really Good). The last was Bitter Chocolate - kecap manis, oats, parsnip, brown butter, soy milk sorbet (Interesting). We also each had one cocktail. I had the #61 Sombra Mezcal, Zapopan Blanco Tequila, Orgeat, Grapefruit, Lime, Cream Soda, Angostura Orange Bitters - Shaken and served in a soda glass over crushed ice with an orange slice (excellent). My friend had the #7.1 Campo de Encanto Pisco, Galliano, Pineapple Syrup, Lime, Soda, Fee O.F. Bitters
Shaken with purple basil, grapefruit peel, candied pineapple and rolled into a tall glass which he liked very much. Overall, and excellent dining experience. All of the above was about $160 including tax and tip.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Imagine a Vietnamese inspired cuisine beautifully and creatively executed by a protege of Thomas Keller. Some of the memorable dishes were Brussel sprouts and shrimp chips, the best iteration of Beef Tartare I have ever experienced. Wagyu beef lettuce and vegetable wraps that are fantastic and alone are worth coming to Red Medicine. An tart and creamy Rhubarb and cream desert that was one of my favourite desserts in recent memory. This was a 2nd return visit, and it didn't disappoint.