“Late lunch on Saturday”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Salmon Tartar as appetizer, chicken with waffles and great vanilla butter as main course with a bottle of fair priced Au Bon Climat Viognier 2010 in the heart of Bervly Hills in this French Bistro. Had a good time, to be repeated.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to Bouchon specifically for the fried chicken, which is served the first Monday of every month. It was delicious. The skin was perfectly crisp and tasty, and the inside was as moist as I've ever had. Knocking it down a star because our waiter ignored us for 20 minutes while we patiently waited for our chicken. But otherwise, a fantastic dining experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is my second visit. This time the restaurant was full and the noise level unbearable - couldn't hear the waiter or anyone else at the table. Oignon soup was good with lots of cheese but then they brought the main fish dish when I hadn't even finished the soup. So do you finish soup or forget soup and start on fish? Wine by the glass excellent; overall service not attentive.

1  Thank CatherineJade
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I ordered leg of lamb, and could barely eat it. There were four slices, about three inches in diameter and one-eighth inch thick, about one-quarter of which was fat. The meat was tough and salty, like eating Canadian bacon. I usually eat red meat once or twice a year, but felt compelled to have steak the next two nights just to get over how bad this meal was. Dessert was delicious (cake with lots of thin layers filled with chocolate.) We ate with my sister, who lives nearby and dines here often; it is one of her favorite restaurants. She said her onion soup was not flavorful, and not up to the usual standard, so this was probably an off-night. To top it off, we ate on the patio, and when it got dark, the hotel across the way aimed a very bright light directly into my husband's eyes.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The venue itself is quite tricky in terms of getting to the first floor but the search was worth it. The staff was extremely friendly and the service is QUICK (I was super hungry that day!)

The bread is placed unconventionally (directly onto the table with no plate) but the taste is heavenly. The butter was just as good.

When my quiche arrived and I took my first bite, it was a taste of paradise. I asked for extra balsamic vinegar and it was the right touch for a delectable meal.

Highly recommended and worth another visit (if I'm ever back in LA)