“Amazing food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went here for Brunch on a Sunday and had the Croque Madame and my fiancée had the Chicken and Waffles. I must say and she agrees, that's the best waffle ever! Amazing flavor and not dry at all.

The brioche on my dish was perfect and a good ratio of everything else. Those fries though, Bouchon fries will be the death of me some day. They are the best anywhere.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was thrilled that my husband chose to take me to Bouchon for Valentine's Day! I love the bistro ambiance, and Bouchon delivers it well. As a fan/student of Thomas Keller, it is a treat to eat here, and it has inspired us to cook many of the dishes that are in his cookbooks. The evening included unsurpassed service, exceptional drinks, and an amazing meal. I even ordered a cocktail that was no longer on the menu, and the bartender brought it out because he couldn't believe that someone remembered it and ordered one. (It is called The Hague, by the way, and if you love gin, this is for you!) The frisee with lardons and poached egg salad was truly magical...a riff on bacon, eggs and toast...with a perfectly poached egg. My husband got the trout and loved it. If we had any complaint, and there are virtually none, we felt the lemon tart was under par. The crust was not buttery/flaky, and the top was very brown. It just didn't have that homemade quality we've come to expect. But we will return again and again!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This reviewer is not noted for the use of superlatives or of finding little to criticize in any restaurant review. However, this time, We think we will have to make an exception.

Bouchon is simply magnificent. True, there is a bit of celebrity gawking, but this is Beverly Hills and that is to be expected. This was the present reviewer's second visit to Bouchon, with an elapsed time of several months between visits. The experience was equally great on both occasions, with great service and even better food. This writer had the leg of lamb and found absolutely nothing to criticize. Others at the table had other entrees with equally positive comments.

As one might expect in one of Thomas Keller's restaurants, the wine list is outstanding and as one might not expect, is not overwhelmingly California. Prices are quite high (3X retail in many cases, not really fair) but they have devised an excellent system of providing very pleasant table wines at very reasonable prices. This involves a keg of white and a keg of red, drawn up in carafes and served with panache. Does the reader get the impression that the writer loves this place? The reader is correct.

Bouchon is upstairs in a really cool BH building, with the Bakery on the ground floor. The parking lot is full of Rolls, Bentleys and Very large Mercedes and BMWs. A reservation for eight o'clock meant we were seated at eight o'clock and the attentive serving crew was on us like "white on rice" as we are prone to say in the South.

The restaurant is not terribly large but the tables are not jammed together with little space to move about and the decor is lovely without being overstated. We were escorted by two of our children, who live in LA, but even they were impressed.

Overall, this was a great experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall a fantastic experience. Love the atmosphere in the place. Dined out side on the balcony with stars overhead. Seemed a little noisy inside and so recommend outside if weather permits. Food was fantastic, enjoyed the white sausage and french onion soup. Do not miss out on this soup. Its worth the drive simply for another bowl. Would definately be back when in the area

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to Bouchon for the fourth time last night. I have been to two special events there that were both great so I thought is has the potential to be good. Then I had a mediocre dinner about a year ago. Decided to try it once more. Not going back. The room is really beautiful if a tad loud and service tried to be nice. They failed at competence though. Our entrees were served 15 minutes apart. I was finished by the time my husband's came. The food was bland and typical French fare was poor. The mussels had a decent sauce but they were miniscule. Starter salad was boring. A white sausage dish was awful and bland. Didn't even want to stay for desert. There are several other good French bistros that are much lower key with much better food in the area. So disappointing b/c the location and room are very nice.