“Big disappointment ”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

we did not have a booking but had no problem getting a table on the patio, it seemed quite empty for a Friday night. I really expected more, I had the brisket special which was ok but nothing to rave about and the portion was very small. My husband and daughter both had the gnocchi and it was tasteless , worst gnocchi they ever had . So $110 later for 3 meals and a bottle of mineral water, what a let down. Service was very scanty too.

1  Thank angieMelbourne

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Went for a late evening business dinner with a group of 8 and sat on the terrace. Ambience, food and service were all great. Amongst the dishes ordered were the Steak Frites, Steak Bouchon and Croque Madame but the front runner and favourite dish was the Esturgeon Confit (superb dish). This was the first time any of us had tried sturgeon and we all loved it. We all shared some Profiteroles for dessert - delicious. Would definitely go back unfortunately may not be back in LA for some time.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Bouchon, Napa Valley a couple years ago and it was wonderful. So when we visited Los Angeles we made sure to dine at Bouchon, Beverly Hills, and we were not disappointed! The food was delicious, the service was great. Enjoyed the entire dining experience!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Loved this restaurant. Went for dinner and thought the food and the service were fantastic and genuinely French. For anyone from London, it rather reminded me of a smaller version of The Wolseley. Will definitely return.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Excellent start to the evening with drinks at the bar and quick seating on a sell-out night. We were outside on the balcony with heater between 2 tables. It was very hot in the seat underneath it but the table already mid-dinner wanted it kept on so the guy who took us to the table said it had to stay. We weren't offered any more drinks. Asked for crab but told it wasn't very good that night so my partner should have the lobster. This was a shame as crabs were on display inside. He ordered a salad to accompany. It arrived first and he was asked if he still wanted the lobster. Errr Yes please! I had mussels which were lovely, but half were closed. We weren't charged for them. No finger bowls offered. Couldnt stand the heater any longer so our waitress just turned it off for us. For such a renowned restaurant these were basic errors. I had read vogue's article on Thomas Keller earlier that day. Travelling from the UK for a special birthday week we had chosen our restaurants carefully. I think there were too few staff serving a full restaurant and thru weren't co-ordinated. Our other choices last week were fantastic!

2  Thank NettyPoole