“I've been disappointed twice and I'll never go back”
Review of Loehmann's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Loehmann's
More attraction details
Owner description: You don't need to spend big bucks to purchase designer clothing at this popular "up-scale" discount shop.
Reviewed August 30, 2008

The day of my purchase was like any other. Granted you do have to sift through to find something decent. And you can just forget about the back room or whatever you call it! It was the worst I've seen in any discount store. Junk and overpriced.

I did find something I expected to wear to a wedding with a matching pair of pants. Bought it on a Thursday but returned it on a Sat. It just didn't look right. I also bought two bottles of perfume and left the receipt in the small bag and the bag was thrown away.

I thought I could at least get a credit when I returned the jacket and shell set. Besides not having anyone available who can make a decision (where's a manager) , I was either stuck with the item or had to swallow half the total amount of purchase. The cashier was trying to be accommodating by saying I can come back Monday and talk to the manager. I'm not making another trip back. Once is enough. Okay, I know if it was scanned at half price only two days later, I'm up a creak. But no, the return scanned at full price but the policy states that you only get half your return, regardless.

So here's how I look at it. Say I bought the item for $100. and now I'm "punished" for not having my receipt (oh by the way I thought I was also getting my rewards discount. Now I have to either take the unwanted thing back home and give it away, or return it for a $50.00 refund. And you know it went back on the rack $100.00. But do the math, Loehmanns actually made $150.00 on the "thing". I'd say that's stealing folks.

So it you want to shop there, never, never, throw away a receipt and make sure you belong to their "elite" club. Not me, I'm heading back to Macy's where they value their customers. I get great clothes, great designers, great sales, rewards and well treated.

4  Thank smartshopper8

Reviewed May 25, 2008

I shop here every couple of months, and if you like Loehmann's, you gotta get to this store. It's huge. The largest I've ever seen, taking up a large portion of a city block. Not only that, it's crammed with great stuff, ranging from tasteful store brands like you might find at Marshall's, through mid-range and up and coming designers, up through high-end designers like Valentino. They usually have a good selection of designer jeans such as Joe's Jeans, etc. Moreover, they have a fairly decent offering of cool shoes, something usually difficult to find at outlet stores. I feel like the location of this Loehmann's definitely influences the quality of the merchandise, because Los Angeles/Beverly Hills/Melrose residents are known for being up on the latest trends, so it seems like this Loehmann's is competing with the trendy boutiques and high-priced dept stores in the area. The salespeople are usually blank, bored and not particularly helpful. So if you value a good salesperson experience, this is not the store for you. But if you know what you like in fashion when you see it, and would like to get it for half the price, this is the store.

3  Thank Adventures0me
Reviewed February 26, 2006

Terrible service and quite expensive items that are not in great condition and many are out of style. This store has the worst store manager, rude and unprofessional. Never deal with her service or this store, it is a waste of your money and time!!!

7  Thank Annarwil
Reviewed August 29, 2005

Great stuff but it's true the service is appalling. I waited in line to pay for at least half an hour. But the 6 pairs of shoes that I bought were all worth the wait.

2  Thank CherylVancouver_BC
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2005

Generally speaking, Loehmann's has been great for me. I got a beautiful prom dress for $60, when I'd seen the same dress at Nordstrom's for $300, so really, if you don't mind sifting through racks of rather tasteless clothing to find gold, this is where you want to shop. However, I am now in the market for a new winter coat before I move back to New York for the school year, and when I called to see if they had them in stock, I had to ask the question five times (including several minutes spent on hold) before I got an answer. Conclusion: shop there, but don't call customer service if you don't have to.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member