“Very good location for a friendly rate!”

Maison 140 Beverly Hills
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good location for a friendly rate!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at maison 140 and had a very pleasant stay. The location is perfect, in Beverly hills, 15 min walking from century city. I could enjoy a nice morning run on rodeo drive and in beverly hills. It is possible to go to the swimming pool at the sister hotel. Easy parking, starbucks at the end of the street;-), budget car rental also at the end of the street. I would definitely advise it for a short stay in LA.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Ingrid D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Maison 140 Hotel. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient to your needs. We hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the Beverly Hills area.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Gave this hotel a 4 star due to location and cost. It's small, quaint and conveniently located for our needs. Negatives include: small room, somewhat noisy A/C, bad smell in room when first entering, $14 breakfast, black /red decor (literally), ya da ya da ya da. Nevertheless, the location and price over ride the small matters.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Ken G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at Maison 140 Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will share with our housekeeping and engineering teams. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1night early July. Bed was uncomfortable and my husband had a hard time turning around in the bath room. I waited over an hour following morning for continental breakfast before being told it was at their "sister" hotel 2 doors down. When I went over to get breakfast, I was given coffee, but everything else would cost me. We won't be staying here again!

Stayed July 2014
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Sandra B,

We're disappointed to hear your recent stay at Maison 140 was not to your liking. I would be happy to discuss any inconveniences you experienced during your visit and can be reached at alopez@mosaichotel.com.

berkeley
Reviewed July 4, 2014

II stayed here last year around the same time, and I felt the staff was even better with regards to check-in and general questions. The hotel is small and boutique-y, and I really like the variety of folks you see in the hotel - business people, entertainment, shoppers, and eccentric travelers. I didn't use the sister hotel's recreational facilities, but I also enjoyed the close proximity to the conference I attended at the Beverly Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear konadog1,

Thank you for returning to Maison 140. We're pleased to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your review is much appreciated and I look forward to sharing it with the staff. We hope to welcome you back in 2015, if not sooner.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed at Maison 140 recently on a business / pleasure trip.

After doing extensive research on hotels in the Beverly Hills area I settled on this hotel. The reviews all seemed to be good and so I took the chance - and wasn't disappointed. OK, its not the busiest of hotels (it's not an 'in' crowd haunt) - but I found the hotel to be friendly and perfect for what I needed. I wasn't looking for a pool location, nor was I looking for a buzzy hotel - I was after somewhere I could relax after a day of running about LA doing back to back meetings.

The Maison is a calm hotel with friendly and discreet staff. The decor is dark - which adds to the calm atmosphere and reception staff were helpful without being too intrusive. On arrival after a gruelling 14 hour journey I was offered a glass of sparkling rose wine, which went down a treat while we went through the check in process. Not long after I was unpacking my suitcase in my room which was on the 3rd floor (315). The room itself was clean and of a decent size and decorated in a red theme (yes, I did think bordello but, well - you're in tinsel town so go with the flow)...... and there was a fresh plate of fruit waiting for me - another nice touch. The bathroom is small though I'm not one spend enormous amounts of time in bathrooms so this was fine for me. The room also had a small stocked mini bar as well as iron + board and safe.

There have been comments regarding the beds being uncomfortable. I think we all like different types of beds (some prefer soft and some prefer a more firm mattress) so its difficult to please all. I happen to like a bit of a more firm mattress so did find the bed a little getting used to - however, this wouldn't put me off re-booking again. My advice to the hotel would be to upgrade the mattresses so they are a little firmer and this would stop any further comments. My only other slight negative would be that the aircon unit probably needs replacing as it rattled somewhat and I ended up using the fan feature rather than the cool feature as it was too noisy when it kicked in. I have to admit to not complaining about the aircon as it didn't bother me that much tough I think others might have.

I didn't take advantage of the breakfast nor the bar facilities so cannot comment here I'm afraid.

The property itself is situated in a quiet street and within easy walking distance of all the shops Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills can throw at you - as well as some fabulous restaurants. It is also 5 min drive from the massive Westfield shopping centre. Maison 140 has ample parking so plenty of space for guests.

So - all in all I would recommend Maison 140. It's not high end boutique but a very good hotel which deserves your consideration.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank EaleyF
Dear UKGUYSW9,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review of Maison 140 Hotel. We're glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay and found the staff friendly. We hope youll consider us for any future visits to the Beverly Hills area.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Maison 140, and overall I was very pleased--much more so than some of the recent reviews would lead you to believe! The location is great--right off Rodeo Drive--and the parking is reasonable--$28 per day with in and out privileges--but the best point is the bed. The mattress has a pillow top, and the linens are a very high thread count, so it really does feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud. Lovely!

Yes, the room is small, but there is a nice-sized desk and enough closet space for the average traveler. I stayed in the room with my sister, and we both felt that there was enough space for two. This would NOT be a good hotel for children--there isn't enough space for all of the paraphernalia--but it's fine for one or two adults.

The bathroom is small but chic--all black and white and silver. There's a fridge in the closet, and there are large bottles of shampoo, soap, and cream rinse. The bathroom linens are a good quality.

The in-window air conditioner will be a problem for those who are used to central air. It's a bit noisy, but it's effective. If this is a deal-breaker, then look for another hotel. Also, the hallways are painted black. This wasn't a big issue for me--how much time do you spend in the hallways?--
but if you want light and bright, look elsewhere.

The hotel breakfast is perfectly fine for those who want yoghurt, lots of fresh fruit, good bread, and simple pastries. The coffee is delicious, and the wait staff willingly keeps your cup full. I'm not crazy about the little drum tables in the dining area; something a bit larger would make eating in the space more comfortable. We also had breakfast one morning at the sister hotel, the Mosaic. We spent $60 for two, including tax and tip. The food was good, but at this price, it wasn't an experience that we repeated.

Maison 140 guests have access to the Mosaic's pool, and we took full advantage of this perk. Again, this is a pool for adults; it's more about sitting around and reading or having some coffee or wine, rather than doing a vigorous workout. The vegetation is lovely, and I found this spot to be a wonderful oasis, especially early in the morning.

In sum, Maison 140 is an excellent value if this is the type of boutique hotel that you are looking for; if you want lots of space and a wide selection of breakfast items, then try the big, glitzy Bevery Hills hotels.

Room Tip: The larger rooms are more expensive. If you are on a budget, the 200 sq.ft. room is fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank NYView
Dear NYView,

We're happy to see you not only enjoyed your stay at Maison 140 but also enjoyed some time poolside at Mosaic Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and provide tips to other travelers. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chicago
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I got an extremely good weekend rate; if I had paid the regular rate, I'd probably be less positive about my stay.

Maison 140 is more of a B&B than a hotel, albeit one with an elevator and a bar and minus the free breakfast. The "front desk" is a table in a small lobby. I didn't care for the narrow dark hallways, otherwise, I thought the hotel was lovely. Loved that the bathroom toiletries were full size, rather than little bottles. My only issue was that the mini bar took up most of my closet. I never even considered the breakfast and just walked a block to Starbucks.

Before you book, be honest with yourself. If window unit A/C drives you crazy, this is not good choice. Do you typically eat a big, cooked breakfast at your hotel when on vacation? Then this is not the place for you. When you go to Paris do you complain about how small your room is the entire trip? I think you get the picture.

Room Tip: Even though I typically stay at boutique hotels, I was surprised at how small the room was when I op...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Callebaut,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and providing tips for future guests. We hope you'll return again soon and experience a full breakfast at our sister property, Mosaic Hotel. Maison 140 guests have the luxury of charging food and beverage back to their rooms while dining at Mosaic. We appreciate your feedback.