“Small but comfy”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Riverside, California
“Small but comfy”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in beverly hills-corner of wilshire and santa monica blvd. it is adjacent to the peninsula. The facilities are modest but adequate-king sized bed, air conditioning, 36in led tv with hbo and assorted other cable channels, free wifi and complimentary champagne not only at check in but every evening from 5-6 pm. The rooms are small but in good repair. The decor of this boutique hotel has a very "european" flair to it. The price was the "piece-de-resistance" Holiday weekend, parking included, for less than 200 per night-booked on their own web site! I would definitely recommend this place!
on a side note- skip the continental breakfast. use the $14 for a pastry and coffee at chaumont or champagne french bakery instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I just loved this hotel. Yes, it is a small hotel but with a big heart. My room was quite large. On the 3rd floor. Eclectic decor with a huge comfy bed. The bathroom was very large too, contrary to what I have read in other reviews. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and it is always the people who make a stay particularly memorable. This was definitely the case. I was transferred from The Mosaic hotel and was so well looked after by Luke. He was professional, courteous, kind and always helpful. Ben in the bar was great. Also other staff but do not know their names. There was no 'Musty smell'. I will definitely go back and stay again.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor. I was not disturbed by any noise etc and it was a good size room of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Una C
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I do not recommend this "hotel", and this is why:
1 - it is a Bed & Breakfast facility !!. The only facility this B&B has, is a small room next to the front desk where breakfast is serve. It's the same room that functions as a bar during evenings,
2 - rooms are small, the size that you find in hotels of overpopulated cities. With a King bed in the room there is no reasonable room for a normal baggage (22" x 14" x 9"). Forget your partner's one!!
3 - bathrooms are tiny!!.
4 - Bathroom has a translucent window that overlooks the room; if you go for a pee during the night you cannot turn on bathroom lights ...your partner will not appreciate that.
5 - noises in the bathroom (I mean all off them!) are heard in the room.
6 - my room was smelly (urine?)
7 - 7:45 am the hotel activates a powerful air extractor that sucks air from your bathroom; if you happen to be using your toilet during the morning, you will sense a strong air current entering the bathroom from underneath the door ...
8 - the room is equipped with a noisy wall mounted AC.
9 - you need to add $28 a day for parking.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Cefeuser,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Maison 140. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience during your recent visit. I'd be happy to speak with you directly regarding your stay and can be reached at alopez@mosaichotel.com or 310-278-0303.

Tucson
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Charming boutique hotel in a great location! Friendly staff, great breakfast, safe off street parking. The rooms are small but comfy and nicely decorated. Bathroom is very small but works. Loved the fact that they have large excellent quality bottles of shampoo etc, that stay with the room, instead of the small bottles that are so wasteful. It was so quiet here! No traffic noise, no slamming doors, no noise thru the walls. Just great sleeping! We walked all over. We Will definitely be back, its so affordable!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Stan F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Maison 140. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Pros: Gem with a unique feel in quiet, but convenient, location in Beverly Hills. Decor is hip and contemporary and all guests receive a free drink at check-in. Staff is very friendly and hotel has amenities to keep you happy despite being a small hotel (free wireless, complimentary laptop/printing, small but efficient gym, large TV, fridge and safe in room); share space with sister hotel for room service, pool, etc.

Areas for improvement:
Music in the lobby would make the bar and lobby more appealing. It's awkward to sit in silence. Room we stayed in was very stuffy and we had to use a Fiji bottle to keep the window open a crack. $28 per day to park adds up quickly.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear BostonKate83,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Maison 140. I apologize for the window not staying open, please feel free to contact me directly at alopez@mosaichotel.com to provide your room number and I will ensure we have this fixed. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night at Maison 140 before catching our flight back home. After 3 weeks on the road in the southwest we got the softest king size bed ever. In the evening we had some gin & tonics and the waitress suggested calamari as a snack, which were absolutely great!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Filip D
Dear Filip D,

I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your recent stay at Maison 140. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We hope you'll consider us when you return to the Beverly Hills area.

Regards,

Pisa, Italy
Reviewed September 10, 2013

When planning our LA trip I decide to choose this hotel following the suggestions of many guests and reviewers, whose favorable advice I totally agree with. Furthermore, I was attracted by the photos, that showed an Oriental inspiration in the lobby and the rooms, since I like this kind of decor. Like many boutique hotels, Maison 140 is very cute and stilish and has a touch of personality which renders the hotel peculiar and unique. Price is also very affordable (at first I thought that Beverly Hills would have been much more expensive); indeed, it was one of the cheapest hotels during our US trip (besides, we were lucky, for they offered us a free upgrade at arrival). Location is great, as I said, in the middle of Beverly Hills, though in a quiet street.
Air conditioning (as noted in other reviews) was somewhat noisy, but I slept with the windows closed, so this was not a major issue -and the same can be said for many US hotels. We had a room near the elevator, but we did not notice any noise from that side. Nothing to complain about cleanliness.
The hotel is also very close to some bus lines in Wilshire blv., which is very convenient. I was told that it is almost impossible to visit LA by public transportation, but I must say that this is not true, for I found metro/bus services very efficient and rational. Of course, one must take into account that LA is such big a city and that distancies are really great.
Before concluding, I must mention some members of the staff, who were kind, helpful and very friendly, Elijah and Ben. They helped us with restaurants and directions, but they deserve a special reward for their sympathy.
I would warmly reccommend this hotel for a perfect stay in Los Angeles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple