“Good value and a great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maison 140 Beverly Hills

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Maison 140 Beverly Hills
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Melbourne
“Good value and a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Maison 140 for four nights in August last year, at the end of our three-week four-state road trip. Initially we were hesitant about where to stay in LA - do we pay more to stay in Santa Monica, try somewhere edgy in WeHo, or be boring and stay in a safe corporate place? The Maison 140 was recommended by a friend and it was a great choice.

The rooms are fairly compact (hence the 'Parisian' reference) but we had a pretty busy time exploring LA so were not sitting in there all that much. The location is great for exploring the Beverley Hills area and we had a couple of evening meals along S Beverley Drive and a couple of breakfasts along S Santa Monica, all an easy and safe walk away.

The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the staff were helpful. We didn't try their breakfasts as we wanted to get out and explore the area. The only downsides I recall were that the in-room a/c was a bit noisy, so we left it off at night, and there was limited space for suitcases.

Car parking was next door and seemed safe (although was not cheap). The hotel itself was relatively well-priced (helped by the 4 for 3 nights deal) compared to others that were available on those days. We'd definitely return if we needed to be in that area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ex-sandgroper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The pillows tipped the scale for me on this sweet hotel. One of the best nights of sleep I've had. Besides that, the staff was great, the hotel quiet, loved the old-time elevator, I'd return there again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator if you need quiet. I noticed that the elevator bell rings when it arri...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have enjoyed my stay both times that I have been in Beverly Hills. Maison 140 is a quaint hotel with a fun cozy bar. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The hotel is within walking distance to Rodeo Drive and excellent restaurants. Their sister property has an excellent restaurant and pool area to enjoy the wonderful weather of California. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at Maison 140 for a weekend training in Beverly Hills and was looking for something reasonable. With a price under $400 for 2 nights in the heart of Beverly Hills, nothing else of the same league came close so I jumped at it.

When I showed up in the lobby, I was beginning to wonder if I had made the right choice. The lobby was certainly a nod to old Hollywood...not classic Hollywood, just old, like 1972. The key was not a card key, it was door key. The room, however, was small, but nice. The bathroom was tiny, but nice. The air conditioner unit was very loud, but effective. I had some work to do so I logged in to their free wifi.

My first impression was quickly changed by their staff. Anything I needed was provided, usually for no additional charge. I forgot my razor and lint brush... no problem! Their dining suggestions were spot on. When arrived back from an afternoon walk, I was greeted by a glass of sparkling wine. I can't wait to stay here again. Next time, I will bring my swimsuit and go swimming at their sister hotel, Mosaic, which is two doors away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Rosytoes99,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Maison 140. I'm happy to see you left with a great impression of the hotel and staff. We strive to make each stay personalized and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Maison 140 and for swimming at Mosaic.

Kind Regards,

Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been going to Beverly Hills from eight to ten days a month, and I've had the chance to try some of the finest places in the area. Let me tell you: this one is the coziest and most lovable place in the city! Its location is superb, its prices very reasonable, and if you're traveling with your couple, you'll find this is a very romantic place to stay. It's very frenchy, and staff attention is marvelous. Way to go!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Francisco A,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Maison 140. I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have to agree that we have a superb location and very attentive staff. We hope you'll consider us during your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Best,

Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have just arrived from a 6 -night trip to L.A. and I chose this hotel to be near my daughter's house . It has been a great experience being pampered and having the most of its workers , Martha , " Eyelash " from Belgium ... etc .
The coffee I was taken to my room everyday was superb ! I am Spanish and I prefer the strong coffee rather than the too soft American one . However if you prefer the American blend you just have a nice Starbucks with a terrace 2 minutes walk from the hotel , The hotel is placed in a silent and cute neighbourhood , but near everything at the same time . Rodeo Drive is very near and I used to walk 10 minutes to get there . I also got the 720 bus near the hotel , to get to Westwood nice shopping area where UCLA stands , and from there The Big Blue Bus number 1 to go to Sta, Monica . I didn`t miss a car to move around . So all in all , this is a hidden treasure .... Shhhhhh ! Don't tell anyone

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Anaspain2013
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Anaspain2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of Maison 140. I'm happy to see you had such a positive experience during your recent stay with us. I couldn't agree more that our location is convenient to move around town easily. I look forward to sharing your comments with Martha, Ilar, and the rest of our staff.

Regards,

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Taking the advice of a friend who lived just a couple of blocks away from this boutique hotel, I booked Maison 140 for a first and last night's stay for a mother-daughter vacation. We booked a king bed, which was a perfect choice. Originally, I had booked through an online travel website, but they botched the reservation (actually deleted it), so I highly recommend calling the hotel direct for best prices and information about your reservation and accommodations. The front desk staff members were so helpful and friendly. The bedroom was lovely (I believe we even got an upgrade), the bathroom large and complete with wonderful bath items, and you do have a safe, as well as internet access. We had complimentary champagne each afternoon, and there is a private elevator to take you to your room. Thank you to the front desk staff member who told this semi sophisticated (Beverly Hillbilly?) traveler that you had to push the elevator door in order for it to open at each floor. Otherwise, I might still be in there with my luggage, waiting for the door to open. Thank you to Ilar who called us from the road to make sure we knew they had secured an early check in for us. All staff members were personable and knowledgeable, which is always nice. When checking out, we were given super directions to circumvent the LA Marathon traffic..a great help! Parking is $28/day, but we had a rental and parking was just a few steps away from the entry to the hotel. We didn't take advantage of the workout room; we were told you do have pool and cardio fitness privileges at their sister property. We also did not have breakfast at the hotel or take advantage of the bar, (we were on the road!) but there is a cozy bar and furnished area on the first floor with chairs set up for intimate conversation. Clean, pretty, quiet, great location. Thumbs up! Would love to return.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct when making reservations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Southernroadmama
Dear Southernroadmama,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Maison 140. I'm delighted to see you found the staff friendly and helpful. We strive to provide excellent service to all guests (semi-sophisticated or otherwise). Hopefully you will be able to experience our lovely Bar Noir and our pool at our sister property, Mosaic Hotel, during your next visit to Beverly HIlls. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best,