“lovely little "boutique" hotel”

Maison 140 Beverly Hills
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
new york city
“lovely little "boutique" hotel”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Room was very well done, quiet. Staff was friendly and fun. The bar/breakfast area provided a nice way to wind down (or up). Reviews must be at least 200 characters! Fascinating. Guess I'm not there yet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank taconic26
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear taconic26,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Maison 140. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay and found our staff to be friendly and fun. We certainly do encourage a positive work environment. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best,
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Maison 140 while taking a trip on for her birthday to hang out in L.A. for the first time. We wanted somewhere safe and reasonable to stay as we visited friends and did the tourist thing. When one of our friends suggested the Maison, we balked. We thought it would be out of our price range in Beverly Hills, but we were proven wrong. It's a charming little boutique hotel with a "hipster" ambiance. I rarely use "hipster" as anything other than pejorative, but in this case I mean it in the most positive way. The place is fantastically cool, from it's lobby showing old films on the wall, to its retro elevator. It is stylish and classy. Parking was easy and relatively cheap in the lot adjacent to the hotel. It was a marvelous trip and I'd recommend the Maison 140 to anyone wanting to stay in a reasonably priced, low (unnecessary) amenity hotel.

2 Thank Kn0ck0ut_Zed
Dear Kn0ck0ut_Zed,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive and descriptive review of Maison 140. I'm happy to see you had a marvelous trip to the Los Angeles/Beverly Hills area. We certainly hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed March 10, 2013

When my fiancé and I went to Beverly Hills, we were looking for a hotel that wasn't ridiculously expensive, but that wasn't going to be a dump either. I found this hotel through trip advisor and after reading the reviews, decided to give it a try. It didn't disappoint. It was way cheaper than all the other hotels in the area, was clean, up to date (renovated), and in a great location. We could walk to Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills Blvd, and Canon drive.

One thing was that the room was pretty small. We stayed in a room with 1 queen sized bed, but didn't spend much time in the hotel room anyways, so it didn't matter a whole lot to us.

1 Thank Brianne T
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Brianne T,

Thank you for posting such a nice review of Maison 140. I'm happy to see you and your fiance enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly understand location and value are important when travelling and we're happy to offer both. We hope you consider us again when your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills.

Regards,
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm writing this from the cozy bed in my room right now! I echo the sentiments of other reviews here, this hotel is a little hidden gem. This was our first trip to Beverly Hills and we wanted to experience all it had to offer. Maison 140 offers a great location, quirky, fun decor in a building that screams historic, but not rundown. The lobby is quaint, the bar is very nicely done albeit a bit small but it just adds to the charm. We were so pleased by how welcoming and helpful the concierge is. She provided several dining recommendations, with addresses and phone numbers as well as offered us an umbrella (seems we brought rain with us from Chicago). The bed was very comfortable, and although our room was a bit on the small size (we booked the Parisian), it was fine for the two of us. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a unique, inviting place to rest while exploring LA. The cost is so reasonable, and the location is perfect.

Dear Rachel E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Maison 140. I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay at our historic boutique hotel. I agree we have a hidden gem with the perfect location. I look forward to sharing your comments with our entire team.

Best,

Woodside, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

A wonderfully cozy hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills. Gracious friendly staff, easy check-in. Comfortable bed. Room service food tasty and quick. And, as it's on a side street off Wilshire, quiet. A free glass of wine in the afternoon. Across the street is the swanky Peninsula. The price, with a AAA discount, is a good value in this high end neighborhood.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Muggo11
Dear Muggo11,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of Maison 140. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay at our cozy boutique hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Soda Springs, California
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here for a night at the awards and had excellent service that went above and beyond the call to hand deliver my bags to my friend the next day as I was heading out the door at 4am to Belize. The staff made sure to have my cab ready before I came downstairs at zero dark thirty. The rooms are small but shimmering with details, nice (but small) bathroom, and a comfy bed. The lobby bar is an excellent place to hang out with friends prepping for a night of debauchery.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel W
Dear Daniel W,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of Maison 140. Our team strives to provide excellent service to all guests no matter the time. I agree Bar Noir is an excellent spot to begin (or end) your evening. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had the most fantastic stay in this hidden gem in Beverly Hills. I wouldn't have wanted to stay in a chain hotel, this was much more personal and had that old Hollywood feel to it. The staff were very friendly and if anything went wrong the lovely Ilar was there to sort it out. She went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and helped with anything from finding short cuts to places we were visiting to making sure we had all that we needed in our rooms. The rooms were small but gorgeous, I loved my bathroom so much. Every time I entered the lift it was like I had walked into a Hollywood film, and the black and white films screened on the lobby wall in the evenings is such a nice detail. The location of this hotel is amazing especially for the price you are paying. I will definitely be back soon again.

Room Tip: The staff will upgrade you when possible.