“All my dreams shattered!”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I was so overwhelmed when my husband paid for us a superior room with balcony for a surprise for our honeymoon! My fave film is pretty woman & it was a perfect and wonderful surprise! However, this was shattered when there were no superior balcony rooms available so we were placed in an old room resembling an office... Perfect for a business customer not a honeymooning couple on a special occasion. The money my husband saved and paid for this room was incredibly poor value. A disgrace.
We were promised complimentary starters in CUT where we had reservations. There were no complimentary starters, we were ignored for 20minutes & not even asked for our drinks order. Service was really poor. What was a dream come true and an incredibly exciting prospect was shattered & failed it's high expectations. I was so disappointed. This was a once in a life time holiday & sadly, I doubt we will ever be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank happyholidays1985
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Having scoured our reservations system I am alas unable to find a record of your contact details from the information provided here. May I ask that you contact me directly on the number or email address below in order that I may reach out to your personally?

Many thanks,

Ph 310 275 5200
ben.trodd@fourseasons.com

There are newer reviews for Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

There is simply no other way to describe this magnificent hotel than to say it is unbelievable!

As I walked in with my large family of six, they immediately treated us as if we were the stars of a Hollywood film- better than that of Pretty Woman. The staff were personable, respectful and would answer any request of yours. One of my favourite aspects of the hotel is the Courtesy Car (Mercedes during the day, Rolls Royce during the evening) anywhere in a 3km radius.

The lobby is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, a little intimidating for a family of four boys. The pool, spa, gym and other facilities were well managed with towels, headphone speakers and other accessories free of charge.

Do make sure if you are staying at the hotel, to use every service they give you, including the staff recommendations of places to eat and discover, that the average tourist would never hear of.

If I were to be trapped in a hotel for the rest of my life, this would most likely be on the top of my list - loved every second of it.

Although expensive, the hotel is worth every cent.

Room Tip: Anywhere in this place will be fine
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The is so serious I"m posting this now We stayed as a family from 24/12 /13 to 28/12 /13 arriving at the hotel we found that we drove past because lack of signage , the bell / valet staff are. Really friendly nothing is to much trouble Check in , our rooms were not ready but we were kindly given two rooms to use as we explained we had travel from near yalding in kent during the storm ! We had two signature rooms which were very nice , comfy beds and well positioned As we had a very long journey we decided to order room service , my son has a very rare allergy food related exercise induced anaphyaxlic , like peanut or shell fish but his is to certain greens herbs etc very unusual but very serious when travelling all over the world we explain this. And usually it's not a problem as my son always chooses simple meals to make it easy for everyone and keep his self SAFE ! But after ordering 2 meals of chicken strips and fries we found small piece of parsley throughout the food cross contaminated ! We the went for breakfast in the bvld and had to return a Crepe because of cross contamination , room service again this was the unreal. We ordered plain grilled chicken and fries !! Explaining over and over nothing green must come into contact with food ! It arrived with salad on the side and herb on the fries , then to insult my son further he then waited 30 mins for replacement of just chicken no fries and he had to eat alone as ours were not replaced ! The following morning I went front desk to discuss this further she asked if the had made reduction to my check I explained money is not a issue i was trying to keep my son alive and well she was very nice and said would sort this out that was it nothing more was done , that evening we ate in CUT. Very nice but again we're given butter with herbs after explaining to our server the allergy, !! This not the standard Of a 5 star hotel !!! We did not hear any more from from front desk or management ! My main concern is my is 20 years old and knows to check all food before he eats and green can be seen but a nut allergy with a child would be a big problem!!! they have no idea how to deal with allergy and Even when I spoke with the front desk it was not taken serious !The staff are very nice but this no good if they are not listening mistake were made by all staff !!! From ordering food to the chef to server to the front desk ! I would not stay here again and would not recommended this hotel if you have any special diet requirement or you are looking for a 5 star hotel !!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location and interior was beautifully decorated but our family was placed in a smoking floor and were woken up in the middle of the night as someone rang the door bell several times in the middle of the night. You can hear the noise from other people's bathrooms throughout the night.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Keiko S

Thank you for your kind comments - although I am distressed to hear that you were disturbed by another guest ringing your doorbell during the night as well as other noise issues.

The hotel has many options for a quiet room, and I would be delighted to ensure that for a future visit we ensure that this happens. Please do contact me directly as below and allow me to make the reservation through my office, which I would be delighted to do.

In the meantime, I am so sorry for the lack of peaceful rest.

With best regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Earlier this year we had the pleasure of staying in this beautiful hotel for the second time. From beginning to end our stay was superb! As we were only in LA for a day due to a late flight to Australia the front office team catered for all of our needs in a proactive manner and provided us with an extended late checkout at no extra charge. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to LA.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed with my family for 2 nights and was the greatest hotel I have ever been to. 6 stars!!!! Great food with the best restaurant being in the lobby being the famous "cut". Friendly staff that do anything for you. Will never forget!!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick C
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I confess I lifted the line above from a hotel ad I saw a few years ago, but the truth is that despite the competent and empowered staff, excellent location and irresistible urge to romance the "Pretty Woman" connection, this Four Season's property falls short.
This is partly because the bar is set very high, so the level of expectation is tremendous.
Just to be clear however, if you just want to stay here for a cocktail party mention, or because your ego dictates you must, then you deserve to be taken for the carefully articulated and expensive ride they provide.
Even if you have an abundance of wealth [which is this establishment's bread and butter], you should still, I believe, have a sense of value.
The breakfast, for example, is "Hilton airport hotel" all the way. And lunch and room service weren't much better.
The Dining staff are average, nothing more. While the front desk and management appear to be correctly trained. And while i know everyone raves about hotel staff that remember their names, it's really no bases to wax lyrical.
Rooms are nice and have a cultivated and lush quality about them. The pool area is a let-down, but they've done what they can.
If you're looking for business facilities [or the staff to help], you'll be disappointed. And if you're looking to justify the spend - dream on.
That said, the lucrative and uninitiated uber-rich won't give a damn.
And that's exactly what this property relies on.

Room Tip: The staff genuinely try to accommodate you whatever your category, so just ask.
2  Thank allgone1234

Dear Travel HHF

Thank you for your review and for the feedback - whilst I appreciate that you felt our levels of training were reflected in our competent and empowered staff, and that you enjoyed our room accommodations, I was of course disappointed that our restaurants and room service did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies.

Should your plans bring you back to Beverly Hills please do let me know - I would be delighted to meet with you personally and ensure that a future stay reflects the culinary experience we pride ourselves upon.

With best regards

#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!