Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at the Beverly Wilshire for a long weekend and never wanted to leave. The hotel couldn't be sited in a better area, within walking distance of all the stores, restaurants, and coffee shops. Beverly Hills is one of LA's few great walking cities. I suggest taking a long stroll through the residential side streets behind the hotel while you're there, as the houses and historic apartment buildings are beautiful.

Back at the hotel, service was impeccable and every bit the service you expect from Four Seasons. Staff members keep an attentive eye on the guest at all times, from doormen to housekeepers, and made sure everything was to my liking all weekend.

I was in the historic building in a room fronting Wilshire and Rodeo. The bathroom was massive and gleaming, with a full view of Rodeo Drive. Ceilings were tall and I had a long bank of windows looking across the city toward the hills. An incredible view!

Yes, I saw a few celebrities in the lobby and elevators. Yes, the ambience is old world European. And yes, everything is expensive.

I wanted to move in and never leave!

Hats off to the manager and staff of this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Suggest the historic building. Well maintained and extremely charming.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear BiztravelguyNYC

Thank you for these kind words and for your detailed review of the hotel - it is truly a pleasure to share this feedback with our dedicated team here.

When your travels bring you back to Los Angeles, we would be delighted to see you once again at the Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was attending a business meeting at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel and absolutely loved my time there. I spent the weekend attending different functions in meeting rooms as well as having meals in the BLVD and CUT.

The service in the hotel is probably the best I have ever experienced from the front desk to the pool attendants to the waiters to housekeeping.

The hotel exudes old time Hollywood (where Pretty Woman was filmed) and you immediately feel the charm and exclusivity that this hotel posseses. It has a feel of luxury, but also of glamour and prestige with a little vintage feel too.

My room was on the 8th floor and was beautiful and large. The room was on a corner and had windows along two of the walls allowing a lot of light into the room. There was a nice entry way into the room with a large closet and sitting area. The bathroom was large and had a separate bathtub and shower (I used both). There was also a large sink and vanity area in the bathroom so plenty of space for 2 people. My bed was really comfortable and I slept better than I do at most hotels.

The restaurants were all great and i reviewed them separately.

The spa was really nice and although I was surprised that there was only one shower in the changing room, the facilities were really nice with a steam room and another tropical rain shower for use. Plenty of room for shaving and the hotel offers many amenities including toothbrushes and toothpaste (i forgot my toothpaste and the attendant was very helpful) and grooming supplies.

I had an amazing massage by Neris who was so thorough and it relaxed me entirely. Ben was the spa attendant and he was very helpful and friendly, Erin was warm and welcoming when I checked in at the spa.

The pool is small, but well attended with lots of chairs and cabanas that are available for use.

The fitness center is great! Two levels for cardio and free weights with a a separate room for stretching etc.

The hotel is perfectly located in Beverly Hills near Rodeo Drive so if you have a fat wallet and want to go shopping, this is the place.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites are bright and offer good views of the neighborhood. Book a massage with Neris. Eat...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear dfc9258

It is always a pleasure to read such kind words, and a great treat to be able to share them with the team here.

As we strive for excellence, the words 'The service in the hotel is probably the best I have ever experienced from the front desk to the pool attendants to the waiters to housekeeping' encapsulate our goals so well - thank you so much.

We look forward to seeing you upon your return.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The Beverly Wilshire was fantastic! Although we weren't in the Pent House, I felt just as pampered as Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman! The service was really top notch! From the exceedingly helpful concierge who mapped out our days of sight seeing and made our dinner reservations every night, to the pick ups and drop offs in the Rolls Royce house car, to the incredible maid service that folded our clothes and squeezed out our toothpaste for us, it was just the best! We also got a complimentary upgrade to a corner suite. Our room looked out on the corner of Wilshire Ave and Rodeo Dr. I could see Jimmy Choo and Tiffany's from the window. It was really amazing! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear dancingbelle47

We are always excited to see guests remember the hotel's storied movie history (in fact we just uncovered a still image from a Charlie Chaplin movie with the Beverly Wilshire in the background!).

Equally though, I am glad we exceeded your expectations and that you had a chance to experience our Rolls Royce and special service touches.

Thank you for the review, and do let me know when you can return.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel was our first stop during our 4 weeks WEST USA trip. And what a beginning!!!! You really feel the beverly hills atmosphere and everything is made for you to feel like a star.
The staff was really attentive to our needs.
The room we had (Wilshire suite) was spotless clean and looked so much better in real than in pictures. Bathroom was really lovely ( would have been perfect with a separate toilet). The view on rodeo drive was also a big plus so try to stay in the Wilshire wing.

My only complaint is for the food and specially the CUT restaurant which was really nothing special. My french palate was not impressed at all. So don't go there except for people watching.

But no complaint for the hotel itself. Actually there are so many lovely places to stay in LA but the next time we will stay again in the Beverly Wilshire.

Stay in 2011

Room Tip: stay in the Wilshire wing
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Georges_AS

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us - we are so glad our staff were so attentive and that the room and accommodations exceeded your expectations.

I will share your comments with the CUT team as well for there reference and attention - please let me know should you plan to return in order that we may redress that part of your experience.

In the meantime, thank you again for the great review!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent first part of my last 3 holidays to LA here to adjust to time zone and found the great service from valets to pool side to room service a great way to reacclimate. Each tim my partner and I get some special perk whether it was a room upgrade or free use of the hotel cars. I am not one to lounge by the pool but there spot is just relaxing and everyone who works there is just sweet.
One bad point was having a room with a balcony with the doors locked - didn't quite get that

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear worldtravela69

Thank you for your words and for the time to share your experience - I am delighted that the Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel is your home-from-home in Beverly Hills!

Please do let me know personally when you plan to return in order that I can ensure your balcony doors function correctly as well as meet you in person.

ben.trodd@fourseasons.com

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Yes, that is one reason we picked this hotel for our LA stay. We had booked a suite, and did have to change our room once-the first suite was very cramped and small, and the bellman was very helpful in getting a very quick room change to a beautiful room that was much more spacious and what we were expecting. We loved the location, at the foot of Rodeo Drive. The restaurant The BLVD. was very good for dinner, but breakfast was very proud on the prices. I didn't feel it was worth the extra $$ for what they served. Urth Cafe, around the corner, was excellent! The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the valet and bellman. Upon checkout, we learned that wi-fi was not included, which I find insulting at a 5 star hotel. Also, there were extra charges for each machine hooked up, and since we had only used one device, but charged for 3, the person who assisted us with check out quickly made that adjustment. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a Rodeo Drive location!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear andeb95

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience with us - I am so pleased that you found our Bell staff and Valets to be friendly and helpful and will of course share this with the team.

I have noted your comments regarding breakfast pricing which I will review. Our WiFi service does include complimentary access for one device per room currently, and is of course under constant review - I appreciate your input on this issue.

I look forward to meeting your personally when you return to us, and remain at your disposal should I be able to help with that.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights in September 2011. Yes, this is a real 5* hotel, yes, the service is good, yes, yhe rooms are spacious.
However, this is a Four Seasons hotel located in Beverly Hills, so any guest can be a little critical.) The furniture then was a bit old and it was obvious, you notice that at night during the jet lag.
But the worst thing was the breakfast. 100% American in a bad sense. It was horrible: with excess fat, not tasty at all and prepared for a 200kg person. And it was called "low-fat Italian panino"... thank God I am not Italian, otherwise I would kill for such a panino!!! In my opinion, a luxurious hotel can offer a standard continental breakfast, that is served all over the world.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Kukuruzina

Thank you for your review and for your endorsement of our service levels and spacious rooms - we appreciate it.

With regard to your comments concerning our breakfast menus, we have made many changes to our menus since your September 2011 stay and I think you would enjoy the new items. Many of them have a strong emphasis on healthy, low-fat and / or gluten free selections.

Please do let me know personally as below should you plan to return, and I would be delighted to handle the reservation personally.

ben.trodd@fourseasons.com

#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#12 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!