“Service second to none”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a fab hotel, and right in the centre of Beverly Hills at the top end of Rodeo Drive. The rooms are large and spacious and the staff offer a great service. Little treats (cookies) were left in the suite with my sons name on and chocolate dipped strawberries. The restaurant have hand held computer games to keep children entertained. There is a hotel chauffeur car available (Rolls Royce Phantom) for guests. Trips can be arranged by concierge staff - we had a great chauffeur tour of Hollywood and Restaurant Reservations ie. The Ivy can be arranged too. Advice is on hand for shopping and sightseeing. I cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear JulesbPreston

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on your recent visit - the Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel team will enjoy reading your comments, especially on our 'special touches' which we are always excited to create.

Should you ever plan to return, do let me know as I would be delighted to handle your reservation personally... my details are below.

With best regards,

ben.trodd@fourseasons.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,071)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Beverly Wilshire is a beautiful hotel which does live up to expectations.The lobby is lovely and the staff friendly. When I stayed, a Rolls Royce and driver was available to take guests to close by destinations such as Spagos for dinner or the Beverly Centre.

Accomodation is a bit tricky depending on whether one books the old or new part of hotel. My friend stayed in a spacious room with a view of Rodeo Drive in the old part of the hotel while I stayed in a room ,the size of a broom closet in the new part.If I stayed again ,I would book the older building. Apart from the size of the rooms, the hotel was clean and well located.I enjoyed it very much .It was easy to get cabs to where I wanted to go as other than Rodeo Drive, most other shops and attractions are too far to walk.

I would stay at the Beverly Wilshire again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Liberty 037

Thank you for your comments and for sharing them - we appreciate the endorsement of our Hotel and team. We do indeed have two different buildings and depending on layout and needs of balconies for example can offer experiences tailored to each and every guest.

Should you plan to return, we would be delighted to look after you and our Reservations team at the Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel will be able to guide you through our rooms.

Should I be able to offer personal assistance, my contact details are below.

With best regards,

ben.trodd@fourseasons,com

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Mediocre service. No amenities. Free wifi only for one electronic device is ridiculous. Turn down service always came before dinner and did not include anything special. Not a bottle of water or a small piece of chocolate. No welcome amenity or thank you for coming. They even put on pressure at check-in to upgrade to a more expensive suite only to get a large empty room. Not what I would expect for a $700 a night room. The peninsula in Beverly Hills was comparable in cost, and the service and special touches ( fruit on check in room, chocolates at night, and front desk and concierge knowing my name) were what you expect in a 5star hotel. The Four Seasons Hotel Group should be ashamed. I've never stayed at such a mediocre Four Seasons Hotel in my life!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sandi P

Thank you for your review and for your comments. Whilst it is never enjoyable to read that we have not exceeded your expectations, your feedback concerning WiFi will be discussed in more detail as we seek to meet the evolving needs of the guest traveling at times with 5 devices per person.

In addition, I apologize for the tub stopper issue and appreciate that although we resolved problem, this was an unwelcome inconvenience.

I would be delighted to handle a return visit for your through my office and details are attached below, and ensure neither issue occurs again.

With best regards

ben.trodd@fourseasons.com

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Maybe I expected more from this hotel, given the cost, and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Yes it's grand, yes it has a fabulous location and it is the best nights sleep I have ever had and probably the comfiest bed in the world. However, I was extremely annoyed about the wifi situation. It advertised free wifi - this is true - but it is free wifi for one device per room. They do not tell you this. So when your other half automatically logs his phone onto the wifi, it leaves your phone, the laptop and iPad with no wifi!!!! You can pay something ridiculous to add another device, but out of principle I was not paying it. The bath in our room also permanently drained, even with the plug in - so my bath just kept emptying itself. They were very apologetic when I reported this, but its hassle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was very disappointed. I stayed in BW Los Angeles with my family, we had two of the BW suites. We paid $ 720 per night for one suit. We were shocked when we entered the rooms. It was clean but the furniture was old, very gloomy colors and very poorly decorated. It looked like a very ordinary 4stars hotel. On the other hand the staff were very helpful and friendly. The service was excellent. The breakfast was also very good. My brother couldn't stay more than one night in the suit and he left the next day to another hotel in Beverly Hills. It was very disappointing and unexpected for a four season hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dr.amal
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is an iconic hotel in a dress circle position facing Rodeo Drive, with a five star rating and reputation with matching prices. Service is polite and helpful. Our room was large and comfortable but showing its age. Bathroom lights are dim and fittings quite old and well worn. Arm chairs need recovering and the cabinet under the flat screen TV had an empty space, indicating that something large (possibly an old TV) had been removed and nothing put in its place. One expects in a hotel of this standard and reputation to receive a bottle of water in the evening with turn down service. There was no water provided, no fruit provided and not even a small chocolate provided.
Laundry service was very slow. Delivery in the evening slated for 7.00pm was not made until after a phone call to housekeeping resulted in prompt delivery after 9.00pm.
An upgrade in amenities, a refurbishment of soft furnishings and an upgrade of the bathrooms would provide a considerable improvement to this popular old hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Beverly (old) wing provide larger and more traditional accommodations
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CommentatorMichael
Reviewed July 5, 2013

So after multiple stays at the SLS, I decided to stay at the Beverly Wilshire....and why did I wait so long to make this switch? While I liked the sleek, sexiness of the SLS, the rooms always seemed to lack functionality for anyone traveling on business. The BW was an exceptional upgrade from the SLS. With a highly attentive staff, the service was impeccable. I stayed in the new building, which does not face Wilshire directly, so there was no road noise whatsoever. The room was quiet and I had a great view of Beverley Hills. The Boulevard Bar & Restaurant was a great place for meeting clients for breakfast. My filet at CUT was one of the best steaks I have had in the past decade, and the rest of the food was flawless as well. Have to imagine my wife would have enjoyed having Rodeo Drive shopping directly across the street from the hotel, but my wallet was thankful that she was back home! This will be my hotel of choice in Beverly Hills going forward.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!