“Fantastic hotel in a great location”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
LONDON, ENGLAND
“Fantastic hotel in a great location”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A stay at the Beverly Wilshire was a very enjoyable experience, and though expensive, this hotel thoroughly justifies the expense by delivering top quality service and product throughout.
Our Beverly Suite was a classically and simply furnished one bedroom suite on the 11th floor, equipped with a large walk-in wardrobe and spacious bathroom. It had everything we needed and was so well air-conditioned that the temperature was always perfect. The large terrace gave us a view of the Hollywood hills, while with doors closed the rooms were quiet and peaceful. The bed and bedding was so comfortable that we slept very soundly.
We didn't eat in very much, but both Cut and Boulevard looked excellent. We did enjoy a poolside snack which was very good and a drink in the Boulevard Lounge which had a great atmosphere. Our room service breakfasts were extremely tasty and very quickly delivered, as was everything we ordered by room service. The “Sidebar” bar was a really great place to enjoy a cocktail or two, or have a snack. The bar staff were really friendly and efficient and the drinks were mixed with care and attention.
Check-in and check-out were very easy and efficiently handled. The front desk staff were helpful, informative and well-organized, as were the Bellmen and Valets. Every member of staff we met was very helpful.
As you’d expect the clientele at this hotel are quite upscale and international. There were many events taking place at the hotel in meeting rooms and ballrooms in the extensive property. Despite all this, we were never ignored or overlooked in any way, even on a hectic Saturday night.
Finally, the location is fantastic, central for everything in Beverly Hills or a short drive to West Hollywood. It really is the place to be.
I travel a lot and have stayed in many 5-stars which disappoint. This hotel met or exceeded my expectations in every way. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Toofastcat
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and thorough review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your time with us and that you were able to enjoy all of our restaurants and lounges. We are fortunate to have such diverse offering in such a wonderful setting.

Please do feel free to reach out to me when your travels next bring our way so that I can personally oversee your experience.

Meredith Macfarlane
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

When I first booked our flights to Los Angeles from Brisbane, Australia I started thinking about where we would stay in LA, the first stop on a three week family trip around the USA. Our last visit to LA many years ago left us with a less than impressive opinion of the city because of the dodgy hotel and the area in which we stayed, so this time we thought we would minimise the chance of that happening again by staying in Beverly Hills! A handful of famous hotels spring to mind when you think of Beverly Hills, but the one that was at the top of our list was the Beverly Wilshire. We were made to feel special even before we had booked after communicating with the hotel via email and its Facebook page. Since I was in Australia and the time difference from the USA made it difficult to make telephone calls I was relying mostly on email communications to make enquiries for our holiday, and I was surprised to find that some other hotels I emailed did not even bother to reply to my email messages or inquiries via their websites. I find it puzzling that hotels could so badly neglect their Internet presence when so many people do business that way these days. Not so the Beverly Wilshire - emails were resonded to promptly and when I discovered their Facebook page and sent FB messages to ask questions they were also answered in a timely manner by the lovely Kiersten who was very helpful in providing the information I required. I took advantage of a Spring offer and reserved a Signature Rodeo Suite for three nights, with the third night free of charge. It was a chance to stay in a luxurious hotel room that we would never normally be able to afford and I am so glad that we did. It started off our holiday in the best possible way and made all the difference to our three day stay in LA. The suite was amazing and had fabulous views of Rodeo Drive. It had a large living area with a sofa bed for our two teenage girls, a separate bedroom with a big wardrobe and a huge ensuite. There was also another bathroom adjacent to the living area.

The hotel is everything you would expect of an iconic 5-star hotel, from the beautiful lobby, to the lovely restaurants, the in-room amenities, the abundance of helpful staff and the impressive driveway between the hotels two main buildings, which kept us busy for quite a while one morning just admiring the procession of expensive vehicles :) The hotels concierges are a wealth of information and I'd like to thank Kim for recommending a private tour company which gave us a memorable three hour tour around Beverly Hills and Bel Air which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

The location is perfect, at the end of Rodeo Drive, which was so much fun for us to walk down and admire the famous boutiques and other shops. Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue are just a short walk down Wilshire Boulevard. Nearby Beverly Drive has lots of affordable restaurants and cafes and the famous Spago restaurant is just another block away if that is more your style!

Although it was slightly out of our normal budget range, I am so glad we lashed out and stayed at the Beverly Wilshire - it was just perfect and set the tone for what turned out to be a fantastic trip around the USA for my and my family. If I ever have the opportunity to head over to LA in the future I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lazy66
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Only there one night but had a great night's sleep. Beds so comfortable. Pool area and cafe are lovely. Gym has free coffee in morning. Great location near Rodeo Drive. If we had been there longer would have visited the spa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank npgPhilly
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in. We stayed here for two nights before continuing the holiday in Las Vegas. The minute you walk in to the reception area you know you are going to stay somewhere special. The service at check in was fast and efficient, room was lovely, not the biggest room we have stayed in, but lovely none the less. We ate at Cut, and can highly recommend for a great night out.
The bar at the front of the hotel overlooking rodeo drive had an excellent atmosphere, and a great guy playing the piano. The pool area was small but very relaxing, you didn't feel you were in the middle of a city it was so peaceful!
The location of the hotel is ideal for some serious shopping on Rodeo Drive.....
Would love to return to LA and in particular to this hotel one day.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clare N
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We spent a weekend here because it was my husband's birthday. Got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite, which is a pleasant surprise. The place is two buildings linked by a porte cochere and a foot bridge overhead, with an awkward result of funny little circulation spaces on both sides. Cut, the awesome flagship steakhouse restaurant is forced to have a full long view of the driveway. Luckily, there are no shortage of exotic cars driving along this precious piece of pavement in Beverly Hills.

The location is fantastic, anchoring one end of Rodeo Drive. You live here, and this is your shopping paradise! Wonderful just to stroll out... watch out for your wallet! Cause shopping here is truly potentially damaging financially!

Our room is very nice. Spacious with ample storage. I can see how some other reviewers commented on the furniture. Because it was such a large space, there were lots of mis-matched pieces. Although the room had 2 TVs, both were relatively small and placed in awkward corners. The safe was in a strange cabinet right outside the huge walk in closet. Restroom is large, but the shower door did not close entirely. The bed, is VERY comfortable and restful, despite some noisy neighbors nearby.

We had dinner at the Cut steakhouse --- highly recommended.

The pool is very small, but always full of life. The gym is nearby, small but well stocked.

Food at The Blvd for breakfast was excellent. But the service was spotty at best. Although it looks like everyone is working very hard, it is strangely inefficient. Which is in stark contrast to Cut, where everything is managed like clockwork.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review.

As they say, it is all about location and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us on Rodeo Drive. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team in CUT as we all take tremendous pride in the exceptional experience they create for our guests.

Please rest assured I will also share your comment with the General Manager of THEBlvd as they clearly missed the mark and know that I am pleased it did not detract from your overall experience.

It is my hope that your travels will bring you back this way in near future and we might have the opportunity to meet.

Meredith Macfarlane
Hotel Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Impecable service, beautiful rooms, walking distance to shops and restaurants of Beverly Hills.

I truly enjoyed every moment of it. LA is one of my favourite cities in the world, and Beverly Wilshire always makes the best out of my trip. I am able to meet with clients in the hotel, or at professional yet cozy cafes, bars around. Don't really even need a car.

Some of my favourite restaurants nearby:
1. Crustacean
2. Cut by Wolfgang
3. Il Fornaio
4. Urusawa (pricey)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed in many of the best hotels in Los Angeles and this by far was my favorite. When we checked in after a long flight we were upgraded to a suite. What an indulgence! The bed was so comfortable I hated to get out of it. The shower, the amenities and the service was top notch. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We did not have a dinner reservation so we decided to eat at the hotel at The BLVD. Another wonderful experience! The service was attentive and the food was fresh and delicious. We're finished trying new hotels in Los Angeles. This one's a keeper.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!