“Incredible Location”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
NYC
“Incredible Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is another elegant property that is now part of the Four Seasons umbrella. The hotel is elegant and steps from Rodeo Drive. The location is incredible.

The rooms again could use freshening up. They were dreary and drab. The spa, however, was the most beautiful spa that I have ever visited. It was just stunning and serene. How could I not like a spa that has very thing chocolate imbedded with raisins? The treatment was good but could have been better. The spa is VERY expensive. The Amex platinum credit of $100 barely covered any service. I had a 30 minute foot massage and still had to pay $15 which is ridiculous. But it was beautiful.

The pool is old world Hollywood and elegant. The staff could not be more gracious. When I realized that I had forgotten a scrunchie for my hair in the jacuzzi, the staff member immediately, found one for me. Above and beyond service is clearly their motto.

Breakfast is at the Blvd. and it is clearly, a powerhouse room and expensive. The Amex platinum credit is for $80 and we needed it for two without ordering anything outrageous. It was delicious. The Blvd. also has an adorable candy bar with homemade treats which are for sale by the bag. Sampling is free. I highly, recommend it.

Again, the Amex amenity was not in the room and was only delivered to the room after I called and after we left for dinner. It defeated the purpose of having a bite when we arrived.

It is also ridiculous that The Four Seasons charges for internet for more than one device. Even cheap motels realize there is usually, more than one person in a room.

The service

Overall, I really liked the property but I think it needs a bit of tweaking. In my opinion, the Four Seasons has over expanded and there is just not consistent service or amenities from one property to another.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. Be insistent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Indonesian first
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Where do I start? We honeymooned between here and the Bellagio. On arrival here an army of staff descended upon us to help with luggage. We were taken to reception and greeted by Brandon. Brandon promptly announced we had been upgraded to a suite for our Honeymoon which of course was welcomed. We were taken up to our top floor suite which overlooked the Boulevard, it was stunning. The bathroom was huge, well equipped with massive walk in shower, separate bath, huge huge his and hers wash basins and loo of course! We had a dining area, sofas, 50 inch TV, the comfiest bed We have ever slept in, dressing area, the list is endless. We had been in the room when our doorbell(yes, doorbell!) rang, zebra don had sent Champagne and the biggest choc dipped strawberries we have ever seen, along with a beautiful card, all courtesy of the Hotel.we spent beautiful evenings in the bar or sat outside with a drink watching the world go by, it was awesome. The staff here are wonderful and exceptionally professional , standards of housekeeping were just what you would expect for a Hotel of this calibre, fabulous.The 2 courtesy luxury cars are an added bonus, again with very professional chauffeurs, be sure to book them. If you are thinking of visiting this Hotel, don't think about it, just do it, we have stayed in many beautiful a hotel in the world, but this one will never be beaten, truly 5 star with 5 star staff, Well Done. The best holiday ever.

Room Tip: If you're lucky enough to get a suite, ask for one overlooking the Boulevard
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the BW at least five times in the past year. Most times there is an issue. On one occasion, the valet managed to dent my door and flatten a new tire. They apologized and credited me $500.00 but it was a hassle.

About ten days ago, I arrive in B.H. after a late night drive from Las Vegas and an early client meeting in Orange County. I check in to the BW about 4:00. I Had two beers from the mini-bar and passed out in my clothes at the head of the bed, partially covered by the blanket and the pillows. The maid entered the room around 8:00 for a turn-down without knocking or ringing the bell. The maid was either on the phone or listening to music. I awoke suddenly after the maid pulled the blanket off of my head. I awoke to this very frightened woman. I, too, was scared and had a coronary event. No kidding. The maid exits the room screaming. Mr Trodd, the manager, basically, blames me and invites me not to return to the hotel. True story. I do not expect this kind of rubbish from a five-star hotel charging $600.00 per night.

The good: The food, the bar, the staff at the front desk and the location really is great.

The bad: The rooms smell funny and are old. Other posts attest to this. The valet and housekeeping staff mostly will create opportunities for you to be angry. And, if you have an issue, like a flat tire, you will be interrogated by security. L.A, I guess.

Now, I stay at the Peninsula and for the same money, you get the "Real Deal". FS has made a mess of the BW; frankly I have spent many nights at BW and heard many excuses and apologizes. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank irote
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel and the staff were so helpful and nice. Definately a special vibe once you walk in the doors.
This hotel Definately lives up to it's name as being one of the best in Beverly hills. A short walk to Rodeo Drive which can hurt the bank balance but so worth it!!
Will Definately recommend this hotel to anyone considering going to Los Angeles.

• Stayed March 2013
northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fist class all the way!
Fantastic friendly staff, allways attentive and helpful.
Facilities (i stayed in a studio)- again five star plus!
Lots of personal little touches like complimentary chocolates, champagne and bath robes with bathroom necessities allways stocked up.
Food to die for but to buy yourself- very expensive! (as you would expect here!)
Wonderful lobby and pool, with friendly guests.
Only word of concern would be dont go off wandering around Beverly hills yourself after dark- saw quite a few "gangs" who didnt seem too friendly. (it is Beverly hills, so folk presumably would have cash on them)- great place during the day.

Have a walk along to the Beverly centre, Hard Rock cafe and farmers market on third and fare fax- great place.
Would certainly return again!

Room Tip: ask for a suite if they have one spare- or a room overlooking Rodeo drive!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nottingham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

When we decided to stop in LA for four days on our way to Tahiti, we couldn't decide between staying at The Beverly Wilshire or The Peninsula. Eventually The Beverly Wilshire won! About 6 months after we booked we received a phone call telling us the hotel would be conducting work during our stay which meant several facilities were closed and there could be some disruption during the day. We subsequently said we would just cancel our reservation and go to the Peninsula however the hotel offered to upgrade us to a suite so we decided to stay.

Upon checking in, we had to wait around 25 minutes for our room. The staff were incredible apologetic however after a long haul flight this was frustrating. However the hotel continued to make up for this inconvenience throughout our entire stay with bottles of champagne.

The room was definitely worth the wait! It consisted of a living room, complete with congratulatory champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries, a bedroom and a huge bathroom. We had a view over the front of the hotel. It was beautifully decorated, spacious and more than we could have wished for.

All the communal areas of the hotel were beautifully maintained and there were fresh flowers everywhere. We didn't notice the building work. We didn't use the spa for treatments however we did change there before heading to the airport and the facilities looked very pleasant.

We had breakfast included in our room rate and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The servers were very friendly and the restaurant it is served in is spectacular. Our only complaint (and it is minor) is that on day 2 they ran out of English Breakfast tea and never received anymore and my husband likes to start his day with a cup of tea.

We ordered room service on our first night, one burger and a coke came to £40 which was quite expensive. It was tasty though! We decided on the other nights to eat outside the hotel as there are plenty of much more reasonably priced restaurants in the vicinity.

The hotel is in a great location for exploring. We took several strolls around Beverly Hills, and explored Rodeo drive. We also took cabs to further locations and used the Hop on Hop off bus tours.

We would stay here again if we were in LA, it was a wonderful start to our honeymoon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Beverly Wilshire Hotel catered to my every need throughout my five day stay. An exceptional hotel where the staff yield to cater for personal memorable service. I would highly recommend the Beverly Wilshire hotel for both leisure and business stays. A highlight was the wonderful personalized chocolate tray I received on my last night to acknowledge my stay. Additionally, I appreciated that the maid staff noticed I needed new toothpaste and left this for me without me asking for it. Wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!