WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Nothing special, just the name” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Hong Kong, China
“Nothing special, just the name”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is one of the most ugly hotel i ever stayed. We had a suite. The lamp was already coming down when we entered the room. Old couches, ugly used carpets. the walls were kind of scratched and almost broken. Belive me. You won't like it. Its just famous because of pretty woman. thats it. Over over over priced place for what it is. We ate also at CUT restaurant. It was totally overpriced. I mean of course people who never been in places like this they love it. But nothing special. Only the entrance with the beautiful flowers is worthy. But you wanna pay that much money for entrance to see flowers? We payed over 2000USD a night and it was not worthy at all. The pictures look great in the internet. I think also some parts been renovated. But when we checked in we were put in the worst place ever. Never again. Prefer Luxe on Rode. Oh and breakfast was totally over priced!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for new renovated rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Worldtraveller1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

When my husband and I arrived with our masses of luggage on the final leg of our three week journey through California, we were greeted by the friendly valets in the car parking area with great courtesy, and they took care of everything. Our check in went like a dream and Mohit, in charge of Guest Services is to be congratulated on his professionalism and efficiency in finding us the perfect room. Everything we wanted and needed was dealt with immediately and nothing was ever too much for the wonderful staff, whose service was above and beyond excellent. The second time we entered the large lobby area, we were already being greeted by our names. What training!

The Concierge team were first class, having had dealings with Leslie, Paul and Helen who looked after us like family members, taking care of restaurant bookings and anything we wanted. The Courtesy car was a wonderful luxury to have when we wanted to be driven to a local restaurant, which service was ordered through one of the good looking doormen at the hotel's entrance.

I must give a plug to the excellent Maintence and Housekeeping teams, the former of which repaired our air-conditioning system immediately, and the latter of which always left our suite beautifully clean and tidy, and this is the best bit.....I had left my book on the bed with the book's jacket to mark my page and later in the day when I wanted to read it again, the housekeeper had put a Four Seasons bookmark in the page! How thoughtful! Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty!

The spa was fantastic, a true oasis of calm and I had the best facial I'd ever had by Kiki. My nails were manicured whilst watching Pretty Woman on their TV but I didn't much care for the hairdressing salon which was tired and old fashioned, the standard of the blow dry was mediocre and my cup of tea arrived in a paper cup with the tea bag in. For €100 for a blow dry and an expected hefty tip, I was not impressed at all. Not a good experience and it didn't do the hotel much good even though the salon is not part of the Four Seasons but attached and recommended as though it was theirs.

We didn't eat a meal at the hotel, only a snack or two in the coffee shop which was a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by and have fun picking out the "enhanced lips and wind tunnels" very typical of Beverly Hills!

A superb hotel, six star service and can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CORDELIA P
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review of your recent stay.

It will be my pleasure to share comments with the team especially Mohit, Kiki and our Concierge team who made such an impact on your experience. Please also rest assured I have shared your comments with the hair salon for their immediate attention.

We truly appreciate the feedback as well as your patronage and it is my hope to personally welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills.

Meredith Macfarlane
Hotel Manager
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We love this Four Seasons, from the moment you arrive you feel welcomed. The staff is professional, friendly ,helpful and treat you as though you are the most important person in the hotel. Everyone from the pool staff, house maids, and management make you feel welcome. Our top floor corner suite had floor to ceiling windows, two bathrooms, a wrap around balcony and another balcony all with great views. A wonderful place to relax,however my husband had to work, the desk in the room faced a window with a remarkable view, making it easier to work.
The hotel is excellent, never have to ask for anything, yet everyone is helpful and ready to help. Can't wait to return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stay at Four Seasons all over the US for business and pleasure, and the Beverly Wilshire stands up there as one of the top 3. After staying at the hotel on business 3-4 times a year, they have really upped their already world class service with a personal escort to my room and a no check in policy. I started bringing my family here for years, and the service is unreal. We've gotten cribs, extra refridgerators and microwaves brought to the room swiftly when needed.

Rooms are somewhat small for families but very large for individuals. Their suites are much bigger and recommended. Also the pool and fitness club are awesome.

Also, the food at the hotel is delightful. The breakfast at the hotel is simply fantastic, albeit at Four Seasons prices.

If you are looking for a beautiful hotel in LA with great people watching and lots of celebrity guests, this is your #1 destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

It was great to stay at such a legendary hotel that has seen so much Hollywood history come through it's doors. The location (if you're an extreme high end shopper) is great, but for most, it's a lot of window shopping, which can be fun. The hotel itself is nice enough. Split into two towers, with the car entrance, valets, etc right in the middle. Not sure which tower is better but the main one has the front desk, concierge, bar, etc, in it. That being said, it's not a far walk to all those things from the other tower. Our room was nice enough, not huge, but had everything you would expect. I think the enjoyment of your room may hinge quite a bit on the view you have. Ours didn't have a balcony or a view really, and I can see that both of these things would be a plus in a hotel like this. That being said, I heard that rooms on the other side of the hotel are much quieter, and I can say that ours was quite peaceful.
I enjoyed the free Mercedes and driver that would take you anywhere within a couple miles and pick you up. Sometimes there was no wait, and other times up to an hour, in which case we took a cab back. I will say that the hustle and bustle around the front entrance with the cars and stuff was a bit much. Although the front door staff was very friendly, i'm not sure if there were enough of them at times to handle everyone coming in. I get that the Lamborghini pulling up gets more attention than my wife and I in a cab, but we had to make our way through the crowd to find the front desk. Reminded me a little of Vegas that way. Overall though, the staff were fantastic. Very helpful and cordial. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a taste of Hollywood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great hotel and top notch service. I spend several nights a year in hotels for business, and the Beverly Wilshire certainly stands out as a cut above your standard business hotel. They offered me an upgrade upon arrival which is always a welcome surprise. When I am back in LA I will be returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We spent the Chinese New Year holiday in LA, and the best place to pick a hotel was in Beverly Hills. I chose this specific hotel because previous customers rated it the best out of all the surrounding ones. We were certainly not disappointed. The whole family loved it a lot. The rooms are spacious. The customer service was effecient and professional. The arrival and departure department really helped us and have accomodated our special needs. The other things worth mentioning is that the Blvd restaurant at the hotel is world class. The food is extraordinary. I heard there is another steak house inside the hotel that serves best steak in town. However, the waiting time is often too long if you forget to make an appintment ahead. In general, one of my best hotel stay experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!