“Excellent stay. Great SPA.Good location.Excellent meat at the Cut restaurant.I recommend this hotel for a stay in LA.”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed March 12, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just returned and I cannot fault the Beverly Wilshire - perfection in every sense. The building, interiors, interiors, the glamour and generous spaces are obvious. Its the vibe and the service that tops it all - and the value for this luxury! My headquateres in LA from now on.... I adore it. I am in the luxury accommodation industry myself - and therefore very obsevant. Thanks to Jennifer in marketing for the welcome and Brendon at concierge for that extra love. i wish I could live there.

Room Tip: My room faced the 'Hollywood' sign, but it was the only one I saw. Very happy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We chose this hotel for a 2 night stopover on the way back to London from New Zealand. My wife informed me that Rodeo Drive (opposite the front door of the hotel) is one of the most famous shopping streets in the world but our priority was just to be somewhere comfortable and near good restaurants. The front of the hotel on Wilshire Boulevard looks very impressive and the main foyer is beautifully ornate and full of great floral decorations but we were located in the somewhat less stellar annexe to the rear. Although grandly titled the Beverly Wing, it looks from the rear like any other nondescript apartment block.

We were given a complimentary upgrade although the clerk's description was more appealing than the reality. The bedroom was of good size but not especially attractive - there was little in the way of decoration while the furnishings looked tired and had an anonymous corporate look. There was a balcony with a good view of the city and the hills beyond which, unfortunately, we had been told we could not use for health and safety reasons. Later, I noticed that several balconies have crumbling concrete sills so this may be a more widespread problem. I was more impressed with the huge bathroom which lived up to the Four Seasons brand - floors, walls and bath tub made of marble, good fittings, superb bath robes and upmarket toiletries.

Other hotel amenities include a fitness centre, a spa and a small heated swimming pool. Wi-Fi is available for an extortionate $15 extra per night. The most impressive feature of the hotel, however, and the thing which might make me come back again is the outstanding quality of service throughout the hotel. Profuse apologies were offered for what seemed to me minimal delays on arrival while luggage collection and arranging transportation at the end of our trip were swift and smooth. Throughout our brief stay we also had excellent and helpful advice from the concierge in arranging excursions and meals.

Room Tip: Go for the best room you can afford in the main building- but it will cost you!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times. The service is always top notch. the staff are extremely accommodating and helpful. The rooms are very comfy, especially the bed. Some rooms can be somewhat small, but I've experienced worse. I've only stayed in the Wilshire wing of the hotel, not the older wing where the reception is, so I can only comment on those rooms. The first time I stayed I was in a very large room on the 3rd floor overlooking the entrance to the hotel. Not the best view, but the room more than made up for it. The second time I was in a much smaller room, still quite comfy, and with a view of the city. This last time I was in a room that had zero view (the adjacent high rise building, over looking the staff smoking area). So, some rooms have nice views; some well... just keep the curtains drawn. My latest room was located next to the elevator, which initially made me nervous. I didn't want mechanical noise all night. However, the room noise level was very low, which was a relief. The mini bar in the room is quite expensive, so be warned. You're better off going to the bar anyway, there's much to offer in the way of people watching. Which brings us to location. The hotel is excellent. In the heart of Beverly Hills, right at the head of Rodeo Drive. If you like high end shopping, this is the place for you. There are also some lovely restaurants in the vicinity, so you're never for want of something to do. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. If you want a view, make sure you ask for a room with one, as some rooms won't have one at all. The reception staff will do their best to accommodate your request; they are very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is a beautiful property in a prime location. It literally dripped fabulosity. Staff was good, although not quite the warmth of some of the other Four Seasons but still very good. The beds are super comfortable and were so hard to leave. The valet staff was excellent!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Due to a last minute reservation, we could not stay at a room having nice view. However the reception staffs were so nice and we expected a nice stay until some accident. The facility and equipment are relatively old but similar to other Four Seasons' Hotel.

During our stay, one day we invited our friends into our room. Our children opened a complementary confectionery package with Beverly Wilshire's logo to have eaten some. Then suddenly on of my guest's child shows some dyspnea or shortness of breath as an allergy. Then we called the front desk to ask their help. A hotel staff came to our room in 5 minutes but he started collecting the evidence of a confectionery package that we were almost taking a photo and he did neither allowing us to take a photo nor returning the package to us.

We asked him any medical assistance or paramedic at the hotel. He said no medical assistance in the hotel, but the hotel can call an ambulance. We were so surprised with his reaction that the hotel can not prepare any medical assistance. Then we call the boy's primary doctor to ask his instruction. Within 30 minutes fortunately his situation showed some recovery and we could let then go.

We have been staying at several Four Seasons Hotels not only in USA but other countries. However this kind of reactions by the hotel staff was the first time. We were seriously disappointed with this staff's attitude at Beverly Wilshire.

We hope other guest may not have similar experience. This is to raise the attention who tries to stay at Beverly Wilshire.

Room Tip: Try Suite, not Studio
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MarinaDelRey335
BevWilHotel, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Beverly Wilshire has large team of security professionals that are trained in emergency first aid. The hotel has an in-house doctor that is on call 24 hours a day and we are fortunate to be close to many medical facilities. When a guest dials 911, our hotel will assist with ensuring the paramedics know the location they need to attend to. Guest safety and security is our number one priority at all times.

I would very much like to discuss this matter with you over the phone at your convenience.

Meredith Macfarlane
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The staff is outstanding. The room was nice and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable. The wireless internet is slow, and cell reception is spotty throughout the building. Because this is an older hotel, some of the steps are abnormal is rise and curve. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed this stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#10 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!