My last review seems to have been lost. As summary last time in was a tale of two hotels (The Beverly Wing and the Wilshire Wing.) Last time on arrival we were given a suite in the Beverly Wing which on paper met our expectations. Two bathrooms and living room with a fold out sofa bed for our son and a separate bedroom. However even without renovations going I found the room very noisy and cramped. The hole back building IMO has a tacked on feel and I did not get the experience I wanted. When I complained we were moved to a suite in the front building - the Wiltshire Wing - and even though it had only one bathroom it was perfect for us and we loved every minute.
So when it came time to choose our hotel this year I checked the prices of the suite we stayed in and it was over $1300 per night. We loved this so much I was concerned about anything else not living up to expectation and was not prepared to accept a room in the Beverly wing I decided to go back to our old favourite The Beverly Hills Hotel but this time take a bungalow. Well this turned out to be a disaster - upon arrival we were shown to our room and although it was large it looked quite dated, was right on the road (no security) and was not representative of the photos on their website. Also it had two single beds. They claimed they only had one other room (another bungalow) available for that night which they showed us. It had a king bed but was small cramped and really daggy. We had absolutely loved our room in the main hotel on our last visit and the service was second to none - every thing about it was great and perhaps the best breakfast ever. Although they were very pleasant and tried to be helpful I just got the feeling they did not really care about us - being 3 bedraggled Australians not famous or rich.
So we left there and headed to The Beverly Wiltshire.
Upon arrival the greeting could not have been more different. The staff were genuinely nice and kind and respectful. The girl at reception kindly offered to put us in a Beverly suite - I nearly cried. I explained our situation and our dislike of that building on our last visit. Off she went and finally came back with the only room available in the Wiltshire wing was a suite on the 8th floor with 2 bathrooms that was normally over $1600 per night. She them went out to speak to her manager and gave us a really good rate on the room (Oh well its only money).
It was now about 10.30 at night an we were physically and emotionally tired but could not have been happier with the outcome when we walked into our room with its fantastic view of Rodeo Drive.
We ordered room service for my son and they brought up the wrong curry - I said to the person who delivered it "Don't worry it is late and he is really hungry he can just eat that". He would not hear of it and was back within about 10 minutes with the correct order and cookies and a drink FOC for my son.
It just went on like this. Everyone was professional and charming. At breakfast the service was excellent - so much so that even though they put 15% service on the bill we gave them extra - that really says something coming from an Australian!!
On the breakfast I would say the food was not as good as last time - still good but not great.
We ate at Cut which I will review separately.
Sorry this review is so long but I thought it may be helpful to others when trying to decide on an hotel in Beverly Hills when there are so many choices.
Don't forget the location is also fantastic.
Will we go back - my family would kill me if I booked anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beverly Wilshire, Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel) presents 395 fresh, contemporary hotel guest rooms - including 137 luxurious suites - at the top of Rodeo Drive. Enjoy warm, hospitable service, Michelin-starred fine-dining restaurants, and a world-class spa at this iconic Beverly Hills, California luxury hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (a Four Seasons Hotel) Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (a 4 Seasons Hotel)
- Beverly Wilshire Hills
- Four Seasons Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel