“Avoid during current renovations”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Sydney, Australia
“Avoid during current renovations”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed in early January 2012 and renovation of the balconies on the Beverly wing was in progress (we were told these would go on until August 2012). The renovations are dusty and noisy (cutting out concrete with drills and angle-grinders). The noise affected the whole hotel and the dust and noise affected the pool area in particular.

We would recommend avoiding this hotel until all renovations have been completed. The hotel does not provide any advance warning of renovations at time of booking; we feel that a luxury hotel of this type should warn guests about renovation work that could impact their stay.

In general, we found the quality of the hotel and service (they lost out luggage for a few hours) below the standard we would expect. Two areas stood out above the rest – the room service breakfast was fantastic (freshly prepared and well presented) and the Concierge (who found us a table at Spago’s at short notice).

Given our experience this time we are very unlikely to stay here again (we had a look at the Beverly Hills Hotel and would probably stay there)

Room Tip: Avoid during current renovations
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SWKA
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent stay.

Fortunately, the renovations are complete as of now and it is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your host when your travels next bring you to Beverly Hills.

Should you wish to discuss your experience in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Again, I am truly sorry for your disappointment.

Meredith Macfarlane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Charlotte
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night for business travel and my corporate rate is thankfully a lot more reasonable than the rack rate. My room was nice but nothing nicer than a Westin or Intercontinental. For this price, i dont think I should hear the person in the room next to me, but unfortunately I could. The walls are really thin. I should note I was in the annex building, not the main building. The fitness center was nice though 3 of the 8 treadmills were not functioning. It also had 6 ellipticals and a couple of bikes. The fitness center has free coffee and some little muffins which is a nice treat. Paid $40 to park my rental car overnight because I couldn't find a municipal garage nearby. Location is fabulous and it is fun to walk on Wilshire Blvd and Rodeo Drive.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LAS021
BevWilHotel, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciated the feedback and please know that I am truly sorry that the experience did not met your expectations.

Please know that I would absolutely welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in greater details.

With apologies,

Hotel Manager
geelong
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Very deceiving, photos on site show you Hollywood sign that's been magnified x 20... You have to squint to see it from your window in which they charge you extra for if you want the view!
Reception were short and un helpful best service was from the valet!
Was a hassle booking in first place took 2 weeks for someone to reply to my emails in which by then prices had gone up and when I finally calls was told the price would be granted, only to have them change their mind in email! Management rude.
Rooms were small and basic, house Keeping was slack.
Definitely needs a update.
Wouldn't reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank bella2130
BevWilHotel, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies that your recent stay at the Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel was not up to your expectations. I am also very sorry that you did not find our team helpful. Service is at the heart of everything we do and to have failed to provide you with the experience you expect from us is very disappointing.

I would be delighted to speak with you personally regarding your stay in an effort to restore your faith in the Beverly Wilshire.

Hotel Manager
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The Hotel is a fabulous representation of old Beverly Hills with the newness and the comforts we appreciate from The Four Seasons. The Hotel is beautiful - - - the lobby and front desk was decorated with stunning red tulips! it is truly a fabulous get-away!
The 5-star service started with IGOR at the front desk. He checked us in. In addition to being polite and poised, he was beyond hospitable and personable! His very kind demeanor was the perfect kick-off to our 1-night much-needed vacation! The rooms are very nice, clean, and totally lovely! Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: we booked with Amex card for upgrade. Nice perk!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank M K
Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in November 2011. My flight landed early in the morning and I arrived at the hotel several hours before checkin. I would have been quite happy to leave my bags and wait until the room was ready, but the receptionist was apologised for my room not being ready ( hardly the hotel's fault ) and upgraded me to a suite so I could check in straight away.

The suite was incredibly spacious with a separate foyer area, almost as large as some rooms I have been in, a lounge area with sofa and large desk, bedroom with kingsize bed, arm chair,
chest of drawers and small table, walk in closet and huge bathroom with separate toilet. See the photos attached.

My bags were delivered promptly and I was shown how to work all the amenities in the room. Amenities in the bathroom were of a high quality and plentiful. Turn down service is still a nice touch. Bed was super comfy and although I didn't spend much time in the room having such a large space and large desk to work on was wonderful.

I had dinner at Cut one night and it was one of the best meals I have eaten plus the service was faultless. I was alone but was not made to feel unwelcome, which can often be the case. I was had a good table and was treated like a valued guest. Staff explanations and recommendations were spot on. Just a terrific experience.

I would certainly stay there again, just a wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This hotel has the best location in Los Angeles, it on right on the end of Rodeo Drive and everywhere else is just a short drive away. The lobby is beautiful and the bars & the restaurant Cut always have a great atmosphere. The rooms are spacious but I think a little dated compared to the hotel lobby. The pool is always busy but the kids love it. The hair salon is really good they did me one of the best blow drys i've had.
Great hotel, great location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BonjourLL
Perth
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Perfect local and great service. Would be book again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!