“Good choice”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent location -- Yes and just a 5 minute walk to a grocery store, restaurants, etc;
Superb customer service -- Yes it was exceptional;
Clean rooms -- Yes, albeit, very small and teeny tiny bathroom...my room 208 overlooked West Olympic Blvd.
Safe location -- Yes, it seemed safe and it's located in what appeared to be a safe residential area;
Walkable -- Yes, a score of 10 out of 10;
Comfortable beds -- Oh, yeah;
Noise Level: -- Pretty quiet, although ear plugs would be good for the noise of early morning traffic;
Food -- OMG, the absolute best I've had in a long time at a hotel;
Check in/Check out: A breeze;
Relaxing: Yes, the pool area is very relaxing and has individual cabanas;
General Ambiance: Absolutely...can I have a permanent residence there please?
Price: Too high for the size room I had. Should have been no more than $190/night tops.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Slowee08,

Thank you very much for your candid review. I think that your point by point description of the Avalon is right on target. We pride ourselves on providing and amazing experience for all of our guests and it appears that accomplished this during your stay. On behalf of my team, we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Myself and my partner have just returned after spending 4 nights at The Avalon. The staff were welcoming and friendly, with a particular mention for Amber, the Concierge, whose understanding of guests needs and requirements along with her knowledge of LA was first class. The location is excellent, in a very pleasant area, within minutes walk of some great restaurants, and a pleasant stroll to Rodeo Drive if high-end shopping is your bag!

Our room was huge and situated in the tower building adjacent to the main hotel building, which was fantastic as there was no noise from the pool area.

Overall, it was an excellent stay, and I would highly recommend the Avalon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ILoveToTravel1969
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to take the time after your vacation to write such a wonderful review. I am so pleased that you and your partner had an amazing experience. I appreciate your great comments regarding your room, our location and most importantly about the service you received. I will be sharing your comments with everyone and in particular with Amber.
On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to the Avalon in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Avalon has the kind of scary good service that makes Los Angeles the delightfully weird place it is. NOTHING is too much trouble, every request is met with an earnest sincerity and pleasant helpfulness that you don't find anywhere else in the world. The property itself is nice, though a little tawdry here and there. The rooms, pleasant but unexceptional. The restaurant was excellent and the sommelier (something I didn't expect) incredibly well informed. A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamaramaqueen
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to learn that my team provided you with a memorable experience. I will be certain to share your wonderful comments with the team as they truly take pride in the service they provide to each guest. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Interesting three story painted brick modern architectural gem. Hidden away on one way streets but very pleasant hip hotel. A bit noisy until 10 due to bar and pool area and lots of hard surfaces. Small but well designed rooms. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Avalon. I appreciate your great comments. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Avalon lobby is flashy and the room was generally upgraded. Ultimately is is a converted 60's apartment building with some selective coverings to try to modernize it. Good location and the staff was helpful. We received spotty bar service near the pool but comfortable cabanas to hang out for the wait. Parking was $30+ per night but the valet had the car ready for an early start so probably worth the extra cost. If you need to be in that area, a hotel room could cost plenty more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel. We very much appreciate your kind comments about our staff and the location of the hotel. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Avalon Hotel and I think it is absolutely wonderful. The property is so glam. The rooms are uber chic and spacious. Great bed. Bathrooms are gorgeous and the shower pressure is amazing. The staff is lovely and you can't beat the price! I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony over looking the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear heidib93,

Thank you kindly for your short and sweet review of your recent stay at the Avalon. In a couple of sentences you summed up perfectly what the Avalon is all about. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had I known I would have brought all of my disco era, party outfits!!! The atmosphere is initially a little flashy but don't let that fool you! We quickly settled in and felt right at home. The staff was over the top friendly and helpful. They made every effort to get to know our names and make sure we were comfortable. We spent most of our time at the pool (were in town for a wedding) and that was like our own private living room. Friends were coming and going... lounging around all day and evening visiting... and the staff just kept accommodating our changing needs as the events evolved. The funky decor of the pool lounge, albeit small but inviting, made for some excellent photo ops. Surprisingly, our room overlooking the pool on the second floor was very quiet and comfortable. It was convenient for monitoring the pool activity I was missing! The food was wonderful but really, it was the staff that made our stay the best. I did have moments where I felt like I should be wearing my bell bottom jumpsuit and platforms hanging off the edge of my balcony smoking a cigarette singing Donna Summer at the top of my lungs but spared the guests that torture! Certainly not a place for the prudish!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Suzanne M,

Thank you kindly for sharing such a lively and colorful review of your recent stay with us, here at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

Your engaging comments provided us with almost a visual recap of your experience with us. It was a pleasure for all of us to be your host while you were visiting the Beverly Hills area. We’ll be sure to keep you in mind whenever reviewing our future entertainment calendar as I am certain a Donna Summer act would do well at the Avalon.

Thank you for choosing the Avalon and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.