“Great size rooms”

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in June 2012, upgraded to the larger room which was great.

Beautiful pool to start the morning off well.

We had a hire car during this stay and it is needed as the Hotel isn't really in walking distance to anywhere.

However it is a great base to explore all of LA and its beaches. We also found traffic to be great when you base yourself in this area, but then again we are used to bad traffic living in Sydney.

• Stayed: June 2012
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Simon,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel. Our signature hour-glass pool does indeed create the perfect ambiance for breakfast in the morning, or a swim, and perhaps a cocktail later during the day.

I was disappointed to learn that we did not take the time to familiarize you with the immediate surroundings of the hotel, as Beverly Drive and the Golden Triangle are within a minutes walk of the hotel.

We hope to see you back soon. For now, thank you from all of us for staying at the Avalon and for sharing your experience.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am re submitting this review because of an incident that happened and was not rectified by the hotel on my behalf. First off, the hotel has charm but feels very dingy. Lots of paint slapped on rotting wood and rusting metal. The bed did have crisp clean sheets but the carpet had lots of stains and the bathroom didnt feel clean because of bad craftsmanship in paint and tile. The other thing to be aware of, if you are a light sleeper, some rooms face the alley and the apartment building next door's parking is right below so lots of noise late at night and early morning. On a positive note, the front desk is very friendly and the restaurant is very good.

The incident I am referring to is the valet over night. When I checked in for the overnight stay, the valet checked the car and marked previous damage noting on a card and lifting his hand to signal to the security camera. I had no damage to the passenger front fender and did not notice any when I left because I got in on the driver's side. When I noticed it the following day, I called and was immediately given the valet company's phone number. I was quite pleased that they asked that I send photos and they would submit for a claim. A few days later, I received an email that they had to deny the claim. I contacted the hotel and they followed up for me but they were unable to sway the valet company who is not part of the hotel. So for the great bargain that this hotel is, I incurred $500 for my deductible and the hotel manager apologized and offered me a free stay which doesnt help the fact that I am out of pocket $500. Very disappointed when a hotel will wash its hands of damaged incurred on their property. Check your cars especially those of you with low fenders.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Elena,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We very much appreciate your kind comments about the service you received throughout your stay and about the experience you enjoyed at our restaurant, Oliverio. I was certainly concerned to read your notes about the overall maintenance of the hotel. Our three buildings date back to the 50s and we are proud to be in such a unique space. Our maintenance team prides itself on keeping the property look at it’s very best and I was therefore disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in this regard.

I am most thankful for the fact that you reached out to me directly once you witnessed the damage to your vehicle. It allowed us the opportunity to ensure that all required follow up processes were promptly and accurately attended to by our valet parking service provider. As the damage was reported 48 hours after your departure from the hotel, it unfortunately opens up many other opportunities for the vehicle to get damaged and the insurance carrier of our valet parking provider was therefore unable to approve your claim.

In an effort to make amends, and as a gesture of good will, we offered you a gift certificate to stay with us again in the future. This offer was not extended in lieu of any repair reimbursements, but in recognition of the inconvenience we understand you encountered throughout this process and in appreciation of your patronage.

We are disappointed that we were unable to address your concerns to your satisfaction on this occasion. It is always our number one priority to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a comfortable stay and that any questions, requests, or concerns are attended to in a timely and satisfactory fashion.

Thank you again for choosing the Avalon Hotel for your recent stay. We hope that you will allow us another chance and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Superb value in Beverly Hills! A fun smaller hotel with a retro feel. Excellent, friendly staff who went out of their way to be helpful. Amber was fantastic.Only minor complaint is the hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the heart of Beverly Hills-but the staff more than made up for it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mark,

Thank you kindly for posting this review of your recent experience at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills. We very much appreciate your kind comments about the service you received from our team while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location within walking distance of Rodeo Drive. On arrival I was allocated incorrect room however Amber did her best to please and did not disappoint. She even escorted me personally to my room holding an umbrella over me ( yes it did rain but did not spoil my stay)! LOVE this hotel and the staff always knew my name and greeted me every time I was in reception. Amazing location and not a bad price for Beverly Hills. Also loved the intimate pool area with great ambience and pool heated all year round. Nice little workout room available 24/7. Saturday night the restaurant was very busy too with lovely atmosphere. Good sized modern room in relaxing colour with huge comfy bed and every amenity. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Request main building with pool view although rooms quieter in adjacent buildings if you prefer. I l...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Michele,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We were glad learn that you took full benefit from our location and proximity to Rodeo Drive with all its amazing shops and restaurants, while still taking the opportunity to enjoy the unique poolside dining experience at our restaurant Oliverio.

I certainly wish to extend a sincere apology for the mix-up with room that was allocated to you, however I was pleased to note that Amber was able to swiftly address your concern and personally escort you to your room.

The team and I are most thankful for your patronage and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Avalon Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! I wanted to take all of the furniture home!! The staff are friendly and helpful immediately from the moment you get there! Even getting out a taxi at 1am was met with the valet a smile and a welcome back.
I had drinks at the pool one night. Service was fast friendly and unobtrusive. Really made the stay special.
My only issue was that my room. 241. Was noisy as it was outside the lift. The staff moved me immediately to 222 and the room was huge. However the noise from the connecting room and room above was an issue. I felt myself creeping around so I wouldn't disturb others!
Make sure you get a room on a top floor and you will have one of the best hotels in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills (,I've stayed in several). I would stat again!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank samyreynolds
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear samyreynolds,

Thank you for choosing the Avalon and for sharing your recent experience with us.

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guests and we must agree that the furniture throughout the hotel is indeed an inspiring asset that many of us, and our guests, would love to have in our homes. Kelly Wearstler designed all our public spaces and guest rooms and she has a boutique on Melrose Avenue here in Los Angeles where furniture, accessories, and clothes are for sale.

I certainly wish to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to the noise levels within your guestroom. We offer three different buildings with each their unique benefits and I am certain that we will be able to find the perfect room for you on your next stay with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and for posting this review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel with great location, We walked to Rodeo Drive from there. The hotel is not very big but everything is nice and clean, staff was very helpful and always greeting you by your name either when coming back or leaving the hotel, they even learned my baby's name. We didn't get to enjoy the pool during our stay because it was so cold, although we were told it was heated. Over all it was a nice play to stay, I would say we will stay there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Laura,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Avalon and for sharing your experience.

We very much appreciate your kind comments about the location, service, and the property itself. We certainly hope that you’ll have a chance to visit us again during warmer days and enjoy a day out by our signature hourglass pool.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm writing to express how truly amazing my husband & I's hotel stay was. This was an incredibly affordable option. Our room was large and huge. The lobby is grand and check in & check out were pleasant. The gym is just the right size and has all the important fitness equipment. I did not see a spot of dust in the entire hotel. The pool is very pretty - just smelled of lots of chlorine- otherwise this is a perfect place for a perfect stay & escape from NYC- room 433

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lidia,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. The team and I were so proud to read your comments about the hotel and the service you received upon your arrival and departure.

On behalf of all of us at the Avalon, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.