“Amazing Staff and service. Noisy rooms.”

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! I wanted to take all of the furniture home!! The staff are friendly and helpful immediately from the moment you get there! Even getting out a taxi at 1am was met with the valet a smile and a welcome back.
I had drinks at the pool one night. Service was fast friendly and unobtrusive. Really made the stay special.
My only issue was that my room. 241. Was noisy as it was outside the lift. The staff moved me immediately to 222 and the room was huge. However the noise from the connecting room and room above was an issue. I felt myself creeping around so I wouldn't disturb others!
Make sure you get a room on a top floor and you will have one of the best hotels in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills (,I've stayed in several). I would stat again!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank samyreynolds
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear samyreynolds,

Thank you for choosing the Avalon and for sharing your recent experience with us.

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guests and we must agree that the furniture throughout the hotel is indeed an inspiring asset that many of us, and our guests, would love to have in our homes. Kelly Wearstler designed all our public spaces and guest rooms and she has a boutique on Melrose Avenue here in Los Angeles where furniture, accessories, and clothes are for sale.

I certainly wish to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to the noise levels within your guestroom. We offer three different buildings with each their unique benefits and I am certain that we will be able to find the perfect room for you on your next stay with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and for posting this review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel with great location, We walked to Rodeo Drive from there. The hotel is not very big but everything is nice and clean, staff was very helpful and always greeting you by your name either when coming back or leaving the hotel, they even learned my baby's name. We didn't get to enjoy the pool during our stay because it was so cold, although we were told it was heated. Over all it was a nice play to stay, I would say we will stay there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Laura,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Avalon and for sharing your experience.

We very much appreciate your kind comments about the location, service, and the property itself. We certainly hope that you’ll have a chance to visit us again during warmer days and enjoy a day out by our signature hourglass pool.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm writing to express how truly amazing my husband & I's hotel stay was. This was an incredibly affordable option. Our room was large and huge. The lobby is grand and check in & check out were pleasant. The gym is just the right size and has all the important fitness equipment. I did not see a spot of dust in the entire hotel. The pool is very pretty - just smelled of lots of chlorine- otherwise this is a perfect place for a perfect stay & escape from NYC- room 433

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lidia,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. The team and I were so proud to read your comments about the hotel and the service you received upon your arrival and departure.

On behalf of all of us at the Avalon, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is located near the Golden Triangle (fancy shopping area) of Beverly Hills so the location is especially good if you like to shop. It`s also pretty close to West Hollywood and Koreatown (10 minute drive) and about 20 minutes from downtown so the location is convenient in general.

The front desk staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. They made an effort to remember us and greet us personally by name every time we walked by. They also provided maps, driving directions to the airport, let us use the front desk phone once for free when we were having trouble with our portable Internet device, as well as requesting room cleaning services, valet assistance, etc., etc. etc. I can`t say enough about how wonderful and friendly they were (especially Amber Smith, who gave us her card before we left).

The valet parking service was also fast, friendly and convenient. There was even someone standing by to open doors for us every time we walked in and out. Truly amazing service.

The pool area was beautiful though too cold this time of year to go swimming. The room was very clean and included an ironing board, robes, shampoo & body wash, a hairdryer, towels a mini-fridge, TV and heating unit. My only dislikes for the room would be that the bed and pillows (feather-filled) were a bit less firm than I like but that is just my personal preference. The heating unit was also ceiling-mounted so it may take a while for the warm air to make its way down to your feet should you happen to stay in the winter.

The hotel also had a bit of a motel layout in the sense that the pool area and room doors open to the outside so you can hear outdoor noise at times (heard the garbage truck come by in the morning a couple times but it only lasted a few minutes). The room doors do not face a main street though so noise is generally quite minimal.

We got our room for $150 per night using Priceline over New Year`s so it was pretty affordable for a stay in Beverly Hills. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your recent experience with us at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We very much enjoyed reading about your experience and the team and I were in particular proud of your kind comments regarding the service you received throughout your stay with us.

As we continue to enhance our guest room experience we will most certainly consider your suggestions about the firmness of the mattress and pillows as well as the heating unit inside your room.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing the Avalon Hotel for your stay in Beverly Hills.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nicest check in we encountered on our month long trip, rooms treandy and quiet considering location. Plenty of restuarants within walking distance and great shopping too. All staff were great and the valet parking was always prompt and polite. Thanks for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Emily,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were incredibly proud to read your comment about your arrival experience as well as the encounters you had with our staff throughout your stay with us.

We also very much appreciate your kind comments about the room appointments and design by Kelly Wearstler.

On behalf of all of us at the Avalon Beverly Hills, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Celebrating my 40th Birthday was a dilemma for me !!! Where should I go ? Which place would be right ? Will the food satisfy the expectation of my guests ? And the management ? It was though for me. Fortunatly I meet Francesca and Tadji, they are just lovely, amazing and very customers orienteted. I couldn't ask for more. So I decided that Avalon was the right place.
The Chef and his team were able to build up something very tasteful, amazing in a matter of minutes. I had 15 guest, it was a great night, surrounded by lots of care and courtesy, Matthew, Andree and others were perfect host. I strongly encourage those that are looking to organize events, call the Hotel and ask for Tadjii, she will be just "AMAZING".

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Orazio,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your experience of your very special evening at Oliverio and the Avalon Hotel.

We were all honored to be able to help you make your 40th birthday a very special and memorable one. Chef Mirko and his team were proud to read your comments about the culinary delights you enjoyed during this evening. Also your kind comments about our Restaurant Managers and Staff were very much appreciated and will be shared with all of those who helped during this memorable evening.

From all of us; thank you for celebrating your 40th at Oliverio and the Avalon Hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a business trip in LA and we wanted a reasonably priced hotel close to Hollywood. The Avalon was a great choice! All the staff were phenomenally friendly, personable and willing to assist. I felt like I got to know each of them! The hotel feels like you have stepped back into the 50's with a central pool and the rooms around the outside, but I feel like that adds to the overall charm. We were in room 204 and it was super quiet and very nice. There was no hustle and bustle that you get in a large chain and all our needs were attended to. The Happy Hour was such great value too. We are definitely coming back when we come back to LA in Jan 2013!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Rakesh,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were so proud when reading your comments about the service you enjoyed throughout your stay with us. We were also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the mid-century modern design by Kelly Wearstler, and that you had an opportunity to enjoy our amazing Happy Hour at Oliverio.

On behalf of the entire Avalon Team, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post this review of your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.