I stayed 2 times in this hotel. The first time, they were remodeling so it was a bit dated. When I returned I asked for the same room I had before. I was happily surprised to discover they complied with my request. It was a corner room and I enjoyed how spacious it was.
Even though it was overlooking a parking where the trash was located. So it was noisy at times.
Location: L.A has no center, yet Rodeo Drive is walking distance, and Pico Robertson as well.
There's a grocery store 2 mins from the hotel (Pavillions) and buses on Olympic blvd.
It takes about 20 mins to Santa Monica or longer depending on traffic.
It's very residential and pretty safe for L.A.
Cleanliness: since it's all new, it was really clean.
Most of the staff is affable and helpful.
-I didn't like the brand new shower design, because the shower head is way too high to adjust if you're short, let alone if you're disabled -- and the glass door doesn't retain the water. So the bathroom floor gets flooded whenever you use it.
- I booked a bungalow for my birthday, and it could have been perfect, had I been told that after 11pm, they didn't let people enter the hotel. So my guests had to call me since the "bouncer" was very uncooperative, and refused to let them in.
Overall: It's designed like a very modern yet vintage motel, so it's supposed to be fresh and trendy. I don't think it'd be a comfortable fit for older people.
Great happy hours with tasty mini pizzas and good restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished by its historical and novel physical space, this chic Beverly Hills boutique hotel is set around an iconic hourglass-shaped pool and terrace with private cabanas and Viviane restaurant- all just steps from Beverly Hills' most exciting shopping, entertainment, galleries and restaurants. Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills offers luxury amenities and services, stylish accommodations, and creative meeting and event space in the heart of Beverly Hills. Inspired by the relaxed "patio lifestyle" of mid-20th Century Southern California, Avalon Beverly Hills' 84 guest rooms, suites and penthouse studios offer comfort and style in the heart of Beverly Hills. With custom-designed furnishings by International design icon, Kelly Wearstler other luxury appointments include sumptuous Italian linens and Momo by Davines bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avalon Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Avalon Hotel