Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$308
$278
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$499
  • Pool
SIXTY Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$312
$269
  • Restaurant
Maison 140 Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$181
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Breakfast included
The Peninsula Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$648
$574
  • Pool
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$595
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$279
  • Room Service
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$263
$202
Agoda.com
$595
$545
  • Pool
All reviewsmain buildingmid centuryrodeo drivemarilyn monroepool areathe penthouseglass of champagnevalet parkingresidential areanice boutique hotellos angelesvalet servicela areawest hollywoodsanta monicaretrohip
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's hard to beat the friendliness and service of this boutique hotel on the fringe of Beverly Hills. It's an intimate place that's just perfect for a quiet getaway, provided you don't get a room in the main building. We were on the 3rd floor of the Beverly building, which was very tranquil. This place isn't perfect, but it is clean, refreshing and low key...everything we were looking for in a long getaway weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel.

The team and I were pleased to learn from your comments that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found in particular the service you received from our team to be of high standard.

We very appreciate your comment about the benefits the different buildings at our property have to offer. The Beverly Tower is indeed a perfect choice for guests who are looking for a more tranquil experience.

Thank you again from all of us here at the Avalon. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very large room for a family of 4. Everything was clean, linens are very nice, beds are comfortable. Quiet room in a good location. Breakfast in the morning was good, a little expensive. Dining area next to the pool is nice, modern and stylish without being overly hip. Service was very friendly and efficient from the moment we got out of the car. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel.

It was such a pleasure to share your comments with the team. They were all excited and proud to learn that they contributed to a great experience for you and your family.

Thank you on behalf of all of us here at the Avalon. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in August. Unfortunately for us, we had just spent 3 glorious days at the Beverly Wilshire/Four Seasons. We should have done this the other way around. What a let down!!!

Know this place has 2 buildings (that we saw). There's the main one with ALL the facilities (rooms, gym, small hourglass shaped pool, 8 lounge chairs for sun bathing, restaurant). Then there's a second building, out back across a driveway, with 'security' being a card slot in door.

The latter has one (1) slow moving elevator which was broken when we arrived. It took a few hours for our bags to get to our room. It is also the first time ever, I have walked four flights of stairs up to my room in a non-motel. We asked if we could move to the main building and were rebuffed. We felt unsafe, cast aside, and away from the action.

This is NOT even a young sibling of The Beverly Wilshire/Four Seasons. It is half the price, and about a tenth the class. It is located a drive away from any of the action, so beware that you ARE paying less, and, amongst other things, your location, while probably safe, is in 'nowheres-villle'.

The staff tries to be attentive, but is not always well trained. They are nice, however, to their credit. Bags pile up with the valet. We took our car everywhere. A number of times I had to wait 10 minutes or more for my car. The pool was uninvitingly small and closes early. There are 8 lounge chairs.

The room was a glorified motel room with drapes that showed sunlight through them at sunrise, thin walls that you could hear your neighbors every move, and a bed that I woke up sore from every morning. I truly did not sleep well each night and woke up sore and tired, to boot.

The bathroom had no exhaust fan, so if you take a shower, you have to wait a while till you can use the mirror. A nice thing I can say is that the toiletries were nicely done.

I get the sense (from the conversations, books and newspapers I observed) a good percentage of the guests were from other countries. Perhaps they are more willing to accept less quality. For me, I'll go elsewhere. "Chic" it was not...for me!

If you are going to stay here, I would recommend insisting on the main building. I don't think this place will stay all that busy, so it should get easier to get into. I would also confirm what the cancellation policy and any policies are. They are more concerned about their gross than they are extending courtesies to their customers.

FINAL WORD: Because of a change in personal circumstances, we asked the front desk if we could leave the night before our stay was to end (In other words, on Sunday night at about 8-9 pm, I asked a person at the front desk). She said she would email the "comptroller" who would make the decision and he/she would be in at 8 am. This would mean we would have stayed 2 of the 3 days we had booked. We had not pre-paid and did not have a 'special rate'. I realize the implication for the hotel and did apologize. This is the first time I can remember asking a hotel for this courtesy.

The following day we were told they would not allow us out of the reservation. We were also told there was no record of my request (so the young lady did not communicate or email anything). They were willing to charge us 50% of the room rate we were paying, which was the full rate, as a penalty. I can understand the fact that we, essentially, could be blocking the room, keeping it from another customer. However, when I checked on their website for an online reservation for the SAME room type I was in, I could have gotten that room at a lower rate then I was paying. Hence, we did not prohibit anyone from getting a reservation, they were just being difficult.

For that reason alone, I would NEVER set foot in this hotel again. For the reasons above, I wouldn't have, anyway.

Room Tip: insist on the main building. be leary about staying out in back building. not worth it, and who know's if it's safe???
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank M2012K
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel.

I was dismayed to note that you had not enjoyed your stay with us, and that the guestroom and other hotel amenities did not meet your expectations. I was in particular disappointed to read that you encountered significant inconvenience as a result of the elevator in the Beverly Tower being temporarily out of service for preventative maintenance.

We regret that you found the location of the hotel to be inconvenient and not quite close enough to the destinations you planned to visit during your stay. Rodeo Drive and other Beverly Hills attractions are just a 10 minute stroll away from the hotel, while Santa Monica and Hollywood are within easy reach via car, taxi, or public transportation.

I was very much disappointed to learn from your comments that we did not display a sense of understanding and courtesy when you requested to shorten your stay with us. To find a satisfactory solution to your concern I will reach out to you via a private message as well.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the disappointment and frustration you encountered during your recent visit. Please rest assured that this is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards of service. We endeavor to provide all of our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable Avalon experience and I was therefore truly disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us as such.

I certainly hope that you will allow us another chance in the not too distant future. Perhaps you would be so kind enough to contact me directly when planning your future visit to the Beverly Hills area, so I may personally ensure that your next stay with us will be as comfortable and enjoyable as it can possibly be.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Overall a decent property for a good value given the high costs of hotels in Los Angeles. The location is nice if you like to take a stroll, as you can be on Rodeo Drive within a short walk. The hotel and area are nice enough, but don't be prepared to blown away with luxe as A) Beverly Hills is no more upscale or aesthetically appealing than the next affluent town and B) The hotel barely straddles the Beverly Hills border. While the entire venue sits within the confines of the said locale, half of the block (South of the hotel) is NOT Beverly Hills. Parking is overpriced and an inconvenience. As the customer service received good marks and overall we were pleased with our stay, I would return here and recommend The Avalon to friends, but not before trying a few other options first.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

It was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you were in particular pleased with the service you received from the team here at the Avalon Hotel. I was however dismayed to learn from your comments that you were disappointed with our parking charges and service. The nightly fee is in line with other hotels in the surrounding area. We frequently review our prices to ensure that any fees we may charge do not exceed those offered at other hotels in the area.

On behalf of all of us here at the Avalon, thank you again for posting this review and sharing your recent experience of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

my 7 year old and and me and my husband were california road tripping this summer. traveling on the road....seeing old friends and packing and unpacking over the course of 3 weeks this summer. when we checked into the avalon for 2 nights....we wish we could have stayed longer. GENEROUS room for the 3 of us, super clean and pretty + the cabana by the pool allowed us to "camp out" and have friends come and go.....IDEAL. the wait staff even smiled when the 7 year old ordered another plate of pasta and her parents another cold refreshment! we WILL be BACK!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear Lucy,

Thank you so much for posting this review of your recent stay with us, here at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

One of the biggest compliments we can receive from our guests is simply for our guests to mention that they wished they could have stayed longer, exactly as you did in your review. The team and I were so proud to receive your comments and very much appreciate your kind words.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Avalon Hotel in the not too distant future. When planning your future trip to the Beverly Hills area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly so I may personally ensure that your next stay with us will be once again an enjoyable and a comfortable one.

Warm regards,