Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$519
Hotels.com
  • Pool
SIXTY Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$321
$279
SixtyHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Maison 140 Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Room Service
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$308
$278
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Peninsula Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$676
$605
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$608
$595
  • Pool
Montage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$860
$615
  • Pool
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$245
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$290
$234
Agoda.com
$642
$595
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmain buildingmid centuryrodeo drivemarilyn monroepool areathe penthouseglass of champagnevalet parkingresidential areanice boutique hotellos angelesvalet servicela areawest hollywoodsanta monicaretrohip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was the first time I have ever walked out of a pre booked hotel and cancelled. When you book a so called 4 star hotel you expect a level of room to be on par with other 4 starts within the same area. This was not the case here. I booked after reading reviews on here and what I thought doing my research. Publicity Pictures certainly are taken in favourable angles and lights.

I travel a lot, stay all over the world from 5 star luxury hotels to travel lodge and premier travel inn, in the UK. So certainly not a prima donna. Stayed in many in Beverly Hills. This hotel was worse than all. Rooms were tiny, with a bad drain smell. The "trendy" painted open brick open balconys reminded me of a council block on a very rough UK estate.

First room they put me in was over the road from main block (they have 3) very low quality, small and not the least bit nice. The porter to give him his dues was excellent, seen I was not happy an immediately called to change rooms, we moved to main block to a smaller room whcih was actually worse. At that point he offered the full refund after speaking with the reception.

The staff were very good throughout, they cannot be faulted, however, the hotel is not anywhere near what it claims.

I left and booked straight into the Beverly Hilton, A truely great hotel, where I have stayed before. The hotels are like chalk and cheese, price difference is not massive and certainly not enough to justify the gulf in standard.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon H
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your response and for considering staying with us at the Avalon hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us resulting in you leaving our hotel. We have been open for 12 years and over these years have had the pleasure of making memories and creating exceptional guest experiences. I am certain that we could have made an attempt to provide you with that during your stay.

I appreciate your comments regading our staff members who as you have mentioned, by virtue of their actions take pride in taking care of the hotel and its guest needs. We try to do everything possible to ensure that our guests needs are met.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay in Beverly Hills comfortable. Please accept my apologies once again on behalf of my team for the lack of experience.

Pradeep Raman

Reviewed August 9, 2011

For the 2-1/2 weeks we spent in California, the Avalon was the best value for our money. The valey service was the only thing on the pricey side. We had a junior suite that was the size of a large one bedroom apartment. The washroom was huge and the living room would comfortably sit a least 8 people. The bedroom was a bit tight, but then it was used only for sleeping. The hotel itself is a renovated Futurist Architectural style with furnishing from a Modernist Era. The Avalon has a unique and distinctive feel to it that you will always remember.

Room Tip: Junior suite is great value if you stay more than 2 days with a free night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Avalon hotel and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and liked the outlay of our Junior suite. The Junior suite does offer a great residential feel and we do have many long term staying guests who appreciate it for its tranquility and also the homely feel.

Our staff take great pride in the upkeep of the hotel and the service that we provide to all our guests. I would like to thank you on behalf of my team for again being our guest and for your comments.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.

Pradeep Raman

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This four star hotel was booked last minute through one of the wholesalers and I can't help believe that is the reason we were given a 2 star size room. It made some of the European botique hotels look spacious! I noted other rooms were larger. Also, the hotel was somewhat noisy. Parking is valet only and a whopping $30 per night! Two drinks at the bar were also $30, wow! On the up side, the hotel was clean, the beds were extremely confortable, and the service was excellent. Finally, it is a good location if you have a car. As the price was reasonable, I would consider returning if the need arose.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Avalon hotel and for taking the time to write about your stay. I am thilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Our prices are derived after extensive reserach within the market and we are priced very competitively. I have however made a note of your concerns and will be sure to keep that in mind during our next pricing meeting.

I would like to thank you on behalf of all the staff for your gracious comments about the cleanliness and the service levels. We take immense pride in hte upkeep and presentation of the hotel.

Thank you once again and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I went to LA to visit friends and stayed at the Avalon over July 4 holiday. Wonderful place, very cool, room was awesome and comfy. They had HBO so I didn't miss True Blood either!! I had breakfast there with a friend and it was very good, otherwise did not eat at the hotel. Parking was expensive but it is in every hotel, which I hate. Pool area is cool. Mostly though I care about the rooms, bed, bathroom and that was really really nice and clean and I would say 4 star level for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and found our hotel to your liking. We pride ourselves in providing all our guests with a highly personalized service and am glad that we did in your case.

I have taken a note of the parking concerns. We are priced very competitively in the market and are visiting this every year to ensure that this is the case.

I thank you for your very gracious comments and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We were at first disappointed that the rooms facing the pool were not available due to renovations but were given a very nice room with balcony to enjoy a fantastic stay. Staff was extremely kind and attentive...reminded me of travels to Bermuda. Any issue was addressed immediately [broken AC] and with courtesy. Everyone from the GM (Bill?)to Chef Michael to Ian the bartender were genuine in their care that you received. Excellent location, great innovative bar drinks, and a top notch restaurant that forced me to break my rules of never eating in a hotel property. Location was quiet, close to fun spots and will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write about your stay. I am really thrilled to hear that you had a great experience.

Our employees are our prime assets and take immense pride in providing each and every guest with a memorable experience based on highly personalized service. I am so happy to hear that all your iteractions with Bill, Michael, Ian and the other employees turned out to be very positive and helpful.

Please accept my apologies for the minor lapses which will be addressed. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forwrad to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.