“Great price and location”

Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Helensvale, Australia
“Great price and location”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in LA for just 2 days and wanted to see as much as possible. This hotel in Beverly Hills was a fabulous little place and the location was excellent and nice and quiet. You definitely feel a lot safer and out of the hustle and bussel in Beverly Hills.
We used the hop on hop off bus tour to get around and this was a perfect way to see everything in 2 days. There is also a bus tour stop right near the crescent hotel.
Rooms in the hotel are small and not very sound proof but if it is just a place to sleep it is great and very clean.
When we arrived it was extremely early in the morning and my husband was feeling unwell so the staff were great when they requested a room to be cleaned for us to check in about 6 hours early. Very friendly and helpful staff.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be a little bit out of the craziness of Hollywood but still close enough to see all the sites

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Suzanne D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New Hampshire
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great boutique hotel. Great location. Within blocks to Rodeo Drive and other great streets to visit. Everyone on staff was so helpful and friendly from the person who parked our car to the person that checked us in. Our room was standard size and quite small but very comfortable for an overnight stay. There are great restaurants in the immediate area but we had already eaten so we could only wander by and view the interiors. We had a lovely breakfast on the terrace and our server, Monica couldn't have been more attentive. She offered up a couple of organic cafes we should visit and even printed our the maps for us. We plan on coming back and spending a week in the Fall and this would be a great hotel to stay at. Definitely check it out and consider this as a spot to stay. Boutique hotels are the way to go for us. You definitely feel like an honored guest!

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor and chose a bigger room if you are staying for any length of time.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank babtek
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here a few nights after spending a week in Japan. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly, and the rooms were very modern and clean. They had nice outside seating out front, and the beds were comfortable. The only complaint I had was that it got a little loud one of the nights (it was a Friday) and our room was situated close enough to the outside seating that we could hear whatever party was going on outside. I was entirely too tired to care after adjusting to the time change, but it's worth noting. Within walking distance to Rodeo Drive. Overall, very good value and a great location!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agraves10
Nanjemoy, Maryland
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is the second vacation that my teenage daughter andI have spent at this hotel. We love the location. It Is walking distance to Rodeo drive. The rooms are adequate. I would recommend staying on the 2nd floor. We heard the people above us like they were in the same room with us. We booked our stay with Bookit.com and got free breakfast included in our rate. It was delicious and they offer outside seating in the beautiful California sun! The hotel is affordable and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. I really have no complaints about the hotel but there are a few things they could do to make your stay a little more convenient. The room we stayed in had the full length mirror on the inside of the bathroom with the only towel hook right above the mirror. So you basically got dressed in the room, had to go into the bathroom, shut the door, take your towel down so you could look in the mirror, that could all be prevented by putting the mirror on the other side of the door or somewhere else in the room. It also would be great if they could add a couple more hooks in the bathroom. Also, our room door did not fit tightly so every time the air came on there was a whistle through the door. We had to keep a rolled up towel under the door. Of course these are minor issues and will not prevent us from staying here again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor for a more quiet room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank lorims
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2014

a great find for our friends and us, the staff is great, breakfast is scrumptious and included in the price, the rooms are nice and clean, a lovely little bar and also a dinner menu with good choices. We can recommend it and if we are back in LA, we'll be staying here

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank BB1Tampa
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was supposed to stay at another hotel, but due to a *questionable glitch in their reservation system, I was informed I had to find alternate accommodations. By default, I made a reservation here, prepared to be let down since I was not at my 'first choice' hotel. I stayed here for three nights last month. I thought I'd be underwhelmed because it is on the smaller side and not well known. This is a TRUE boutique hotel.

All you're supposed to do in your room is sleep and get dressed, right? I was in room 208, a Queen. Yes it had a TV. Yes it had a private bathroom. Yes it had a ceiling fan. Yes it had a closet (no dresser though). The bed was comfortable, the sheets were soft, the bathroom was clean, and it was very quiet at night. So, all the bases are covered.

Well now that we've gotten that out of the way, let me say this: Hotels were invented to give weary travelers a place that feels like a nicer version of their own home. To say I felt 'at home' here is a HUGE understatement. I lived in LA for 20 years and can honestly say, I really DID feel at home. I WISH I LIVED IN THIS HOTEL. The service here truly makes you feel like a VIP in your own place.NOT MY SECOND CHOICE ANY MORE!!

The staff is EXTREMELY warm, friendly and accommodating. The fried olives in the lounge (sound questionable, but NOT!!) were a most delicious snack. Great wine list. Good strong hot coffee in the morning. The towels were fluffy and super absorbent. Having worked in many upscale environments with a background in customer service myself, I am a service snob. Winston, Connie and everyone else on staff that I met MORE than exceeded my expectations. I can unequivocally say, I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE! I've already recommended them to a local business that has frequent out of town visitors, and even went back AFTER I'd checked out to stay with friends for a few days JUST TO SAY GOODBYE. Go for the location, stay for the service.

Fantastic does not cover it. Can't say enough good things about Susan, the owner. Her attention to detail and knack for hiring the PERFECT staff for this Beverly Hills JEWEL are uncanny. I can't wait to have another trip back so that I can stay here again. And yes, there WILL be a next time. Love you guys!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo